BlackBerry needs to go the route of Apple and push updates themselves. It won't get any better until then.

Posted via tin can telephone
    07-10-14 06:58 AM
    BlackBerry needs to go the route of Apple and push updates themselves. It won't get any better until then.

Posted via tin can telephone
    I kind of agree. At this point the US carriers wouldn't even notice. The European ones wouldn't care because they're on top of stuff anyways.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 07:02 AM
    I have an unlocked Q10 that I bought from shopblackberry a few months back. I'm not currently using it but I did get the update this morning. Am I still dependent on my carrier for updates or does it come from BlackBerry directly?

Posted via my Q10
    07-10-14 07:56 AM
    It is not a carrier problem. BlackBerry is the one that screws this up and they do it all the time. They are the ones that issue the press release and when they miss the dates they never say anything.

Communication is a huge problem with BlackBerry that has never been fixed.
    I would agree that TH had this bad habit and legacy, but I find it to be much better since JC took over the helm !!

Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Q5
    07-10-14 09:29 AM
    With all due respect sir we do know how it works and are sick of it.
    BBRY needs to speak truthfully to it's customers.

Here is a new OS update The world excluding the U.S. now.

U.S. thanks for your support, but who knows when,and or if, you will get it.

Get in our market or sack up and say you don't give a damn BBRY.
    I sense and respect your frustration, but your proposed approach would only backfire, as it's not a Win Win strategy.

Standing up to a Cellular carrier would imply that the carrier needs you (BBRY) in order to expand their market share and sell more data hungry goodies and add-ons !!! This is basically what Apple did so well since launching the iPhone.

However, now if BlackBerry was to learn and borrow a play or two from Apple, they could eventually build some momentum once again and retake some lost market share. Now all they need is hit record in the US, to coin a phrase and I think they may be on to something with the new Passport.

At the end of the day, I like their current strategy of releasing regional hit devices to various markets. There is no simple solution, but a steady step by step approach should pay dividends in the long run.

07-10-14 09:46 AM
    As an AT&T customer, I understand the frustration with the extremely slow pace of OS updates for BlackBerry devices.

But, I don't blame BlackBerry. At least when they announced OS updates in the past, they always left the U.S. as last and gave a seasonal time frame - something like "coming this winter", or similar. Of course, with the 10.2.1 update, AT&T still went past that. But, BlackBerry does usually also say " dependent on carrier approval."

What BlackBerry should say is simply "US release: up to the whims of your carrier, don't expect it within 6 to 8 months of global release - good luck.". Because, by now, they probably should now how the US carriers treat them. I believe they try to be positive about it and it could be why they give optimistic OS release timeframes. But it does hurt when that timeframe isn't met.

Thing is, BlackBerry just doesn't have the clout that Apple has, so we will never see BlackBerry be able to shoot OS updates directly to users. The US carriers simply won't allow it. And if BlackBerry tries to push it, the carriers will simply say that they won't carry BlackBerry anymore. Not what they need. As much as I prefer BlackBerry, I can't pay full price in one pop for one of their phones. I kind of rely on carrier pricing.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 12:06 PM
    In the end, the customer, such as you as I, always end up footing the bill and pay the price in more ways than one !!

07-10-14 06:51 PM
57 123