I installed the leaked 10.2.1 os on my q10. Everything worked perfectly until I had my 1st phone call. After that the led from the upper left didn't want to stop flashing. I rebooted the phone twice and nothing. When the phone is locked it doesn't flash, but once I unlock my phone it's starting to flash permanently. What should I do?
    11-15-13 08:42 AM
    Are you referring to the proximity sensor or the actual LED? There's been mention in the beta forums about some folks having issues with the proximity sensor flashing continuously. Usually seems to be solved by a reinstall of the OS followed by a security wipe. If it's the actual LED flashing, I have no idea. Do you have BeBuzz or any similar app installed and the notification isn't clearing properly when you answer the phone? Did you perhaps miss a call while you were on the other one, or receive an email? Check the hub to see if you have any unanswered notifications?

Honestly, I'd sync my phone with Link, do a fresh install of the OS, and then a security wipe. Don't restore, just add your accounts again, sideload whatever apps you want via Chrome, then sync again to get your pictures, etc. back. That should fix whatever the glitch is.
    def_vlad likes this.
    11-15-13 09:04 AM
    It's the proximity senson, since I'm new in the business I don't know exactly what you say. If i will install the software via bb link, wouldn't the phone get to the 10.2 version?
    11-15-13 09:13 AM
    It's the proximity senson, since I'm new in the business I don't know exactly what you say. If i will install the software via bb link, wouldn't the phone get to the 10.2 version?
    If you're referring to the leaked 10.2.1.1055 leak (newest one so far), you don't need to use link to install. I don't think you CAN, for that matter. I'd start by downloading the entire leaked OS for the Q HERE. Then I'd sync your Q with BB Link to ensure your photos, videos & documents, etc. are stored. Then close BB Link, leaving your Q attached to the PC via the USB cable, and double click on the downloaded OS. That'll install the leaked OS to your Q. After it finishes installing, disconnect from the USB cable, swipe through the first couple of pages (updates, agreements, etc) and DO NOT sign into your BB ID, add your wifi, or anything. Swipe through the tutorial to get that out of the way, and then swipe down from the top of the screen to get to "settings". Scroll down to "Security & Privacy", then to "security wipe", type in "blackberry", and it'll wipe. The phone will shut off when the wipe is done (shredder icon goes away). Hit the top button to power on, scroll through the set-up agreements, etc., adding your BB ID and wifi as appropriate, and then re-add your email accounts, etc. I'd also recommend not adding your facebook or twitter accounts until all your emails are added and you've rebooted a couple times. Get your settings (screen brightness, font size, wallpaper, etc) set up the way you like, and do a few reboots via pressing the volume "up" and "down" buttons simultaneously until the screen goes dark (about 10 seconds after the "screen capture" message disappears. Your settings may not stay the first few times you do this - I had NFC keep turning on until about reboot 6, then things started staying as I'd set them. Then continue to set up your phone as you'd like.

Hopefully you store your contacts and calenders off your phone via gmail, outlook.com, or a similar method. If you save them on the phone, you'll need to backup with Link and then restore, which can cause issues for some folks. Good luck!
    def_vlad likes this.
    11-15-13 10:31 AM
    Thanks, you are awesome!
    If you're referring to the leaked 10.2.1.1055 leak (newest one so far), you don't need to use link to install. I don't think you CAN, for that matter. I'd start by downloading the entire leaked OS for the Q HERE. Then I'd sync your Q with BB Link to ensure your photos, videos & documents, etc. are stored. Then close BB Link, leaving your Q attached to the PC via the USB cable, and double click on the downloaded OS. That'll install the leaked OS to your Q. After it finishes installing, disconnect from the USB cable, swipe through the first couple of pages (updates, agreements, etc) and DO NOT sign into your BB ID, add your wifi, or anything. Swipe through the tutorial to get that out of the way, and then swipe down from the top of the screen to get to "settings". Scroll down to "Security & Privacy", then to "security wipe", type in "blackberry", and it'll wipe. The phone will shut off when the wipe is done (shredder icon goes away). Hit the top button to power on, scroll through the set-up agreements, etc., adding your BB ID and wifi as appropriate, and then re-add your email accounts, etc. I'd also recommend not adding your facebook or twitter accounts until all your emails are added and you've rebooted a couple times. Get your settings (screen brightness, font size, wallpaper, etc) set up the way you like, and do a few reboots via pressing the volume "up" and "down" buttons simultaneously until the screen goes dark (about 10 seconds after the "screen capture" message disappears. Your settings may not stay the first few times you do this - I had NFC keep turning on until about reboot 6, then things started staying as I'd set them. Then continue to set up your phone as you'd like.

Hopefully you store your contacts and calenders off your phone via gmail, outlook.com, or a similar method. If you save them on the phone, you'll need to backup with Link and then restore, which can cause issues for some folks. Good luck!
    11-16-13 08:05 AM
    You're welcome - hope it works out for you. I'm loving this build on my Verizon Q!
    11-16-13 08:43 AM
    It is smoother, but the prox led keeps flashing ... Mine it's european version xD.
    11-16-13 08:54 AM
    You are not the only one. Just live with it for now, not a big deal.

Symbian, Maemo, WebOS, MeeGo, iOS, Android, and finaly peasce with BB10
    11-16-13 09:01 AM
    It affects my battery life?
    You are not the only one. Just live with it for now, not a big deal.

11-16-13 09:03 AM
    Probably a little bit, it's hard to say.
    I charge my Q10 every night and it does last me all day so I don't really care.

11-16-13 09:31 AM
    That's great thank you so much! I'm getting used with the proximity sensor, and the new os is purely awesome!

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    11-16-13 11:42 AM
    Mines kind of bi-polar I've noticed. When it was first installed it wouldn't stop flashing, but it has stopped. Sometimes when I wake my phone up it starts again though, lol. Just reboot the phone and use it like normal and it might go away.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 11:45 AM
    Same here, there are times when it stops flashing. However, it doesnt affect my batery life, I'm getting through the whole day, so it's fine by me!
    Mines kind of bi-polar I've noticed. When it was first installed it wouldn't stop flashing, but it has stopped. Sometimes when I wake my phone up it starts again though, lol. Just reboot the phone and use it like normal and it might go away.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 02:28 PM
    I bet they are implementing some functionality with that. Like profile automation or may be even something cooler.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 03:44 PM
    Probably, can't wait until the official version will be released.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    11-16-13 05:01 PM