I've had a search around and can't find anyone else with this issue, which I don't know if that's a good thing or not!

Basically, I've got the worst bug of all time. Regarding pictures and possibly videos - if I'm within an app, and I want to send a picture (for example on WhatsApp, or uploading a picture to Instagram) it will bring up a particular folder for my pictures, and then get stuck on that folder, I can't escape that folder, change from Device to Media Card to Dropbox, literally cannot do anything. Can't even press cancel. I then have to close the app and reopen it again. That doesn't resolve the issue, however. The same thing will happen if I try again, and then have to closethe app if I want to carry on using it. The only way I can send a picture to someone, is if I find the picture first in the native picture viewer or folder, then press "Share" and share it that way. As mentioned, same as when I try to upload a picture to Instagram/iGrann - it will just freeze on the first folder. I can't select any pictures or do anything!

It's not just when uploading or sending pictures - it's literally ANY app that brings up my pictures. So Fatbooth for example. Really, I think it's any app that opens the File Manager thing to look for a picture. Even SAVING pictures has the same issue. If I want to save a picture from Instagram, and it opens my file manager to select where to save the image, it gets stuck. If I'm on the browser and save a picture, does the same thing.

One thing I noticed, is if I first switch my phone on from a reset, it will work - I can send a picture. But from that point on, any time I use an app that goes to the pictures, it will automatically go to the folder that I sent/uploaded that picture from, and just be stuck there.

I'll try to elaborate as much as I can if that will help. Something I noticed is if I go to Send a picture on WhatsApp, the folder loads practically instantly as if it was already on the screen, so I'm thinking maybe it's still running in the background somewhere and that's why I can't escape? I really don't know how these things work.

I'd appreciate it SOOO much if someone could let me know if there's a fix, or at least if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. As I said, I haven't seen it mentioned.

Thank you very very much in advanced, it's really such a pain to have to keep finding the picture outside of the app and pressing Share.
    02-03-14 10:03 AM
    My only suggestion would be to try uninstalling any 3rd party apps that use the picture files, then reboot and see if that fixes the problem. If it does then reinstall the apps one at a time and test after each one.

If it doesn't, maybe sideload a different camera and see if that make any difference - not sure if the view is built into the camera files are if it is somewhere else.....

Worse case, backup your device using LINK and then use the RELOAD option in LINK to reload the OS. Test to see if it works, then do a restore. If it stops working you'll have to do it all again without a restore and you'll loose settings, SMS and device contacts that aren't synced.

Maybe someone else has a real solution for you.
    02-03-14 10:24 AM
    My only suggestion would be to try uninstalling any 3rd party apps that use the picture files, then reboot and see if that fixes the problem. If it does then reinstall the apps one at a time and test after each one.

If it doesn't, maybe sideload a different camera and see if that make any difference - not sure if the view is built into the camera files are if it is somewhere else.....

Worse case, backup your device using LINK and then use the RELOAD option in LINK to reload the OS. Test to see if it works, then do a restore. If it stops working you'll have to do it all again without a restore and you'll loose settings, SMS and device contacts that aren't synced.

Maybe someone else has a real solution for you.
    Thanks, at a last resort I'll have to do just that. I don't think it's an app issue, as it's even when I'm browsing in the native, built in browser. I simply cannot save any pictures - any time any app or anything at all brings up my file manager, it just freezes. Apart from when I go to File Manager itself.
    02-03-14 11:09 AM
    Update: this issue has not resolved itself. I thought it would over time. I'm wondering how no one else is experiencing this issue - maybe it's because of the amount of media I have on my memory card? I got a 32gb with literally thousands of pictures and videos (via WhatsApp groups..)

To explain again a bit easier - I am able to save or send a picture/video at first. Then, once I've saved/sent the file (via browser, WhatsApp, Twitter, anything native or port), if I go to send/save a picture, it will open the File Manager almost instantly as if it had been open all that time, and it's just frozen on the folder which I saved the last picture to/sent the last picture from. From there, I cannot press anything - can't change location, can't select anything, literally stuck. The only way out is to close the entire app and open again. This doesn't solve the issue though, it will keep doing the same thing. The only way around it is to restart my phone and it will work 1 time only again. Or if I wanna share a pic, I have to open the pic through my picture viewer and press Share, and do it that way.

Is this not an issue for anyone else???? How can I be the only one lol. And it's only since the 10.2.1 update. I updated via EE. I got a Z10. Any help would be much, MUCH appreciated!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 03:12 PM