Just wondering, those of you on a leak, I see that you can choose to leave mail on the server. Does it truly do this or does it simply hide it on the device? Just not sure how they can keep email on server and delete from device in an IMAP environment.

Thanks
    Steve.

Posted via my BlackBerry Zeadache 10.2.0.429
    01-25-14 10:51 AM
    Just wondering, those of you on a leak, I see that you can choose to leave mail on the server. Does it truly do this or does it simply hide it on the device? Just not sure how they can keep email on server and delete from device in an IMAP environment.

Thanks
    Steve.

It certainly seems to work. I don't chose to do so myself (I need access to all my mail on device), but I have a couple of friends who have chosen this option, and its working for them. One was quite... "vocal" when that legacy option wasn't available on BB 10. If it wasn't working properly, at any time, I'd certainly hear about it.
    Dr J39 likes this.
    01-25-14 11:06 AM
    It certainly seems to work. I don't chose to do so myself (I need access to all my mail on device), but I have a couple of friends who have chosen this option, and its working for them. One was quite... "vocal" when that legacy option wasn't available on BB 10. If it wasn't working properly, at any time, I'd certainly hear about it.
    Cheers, thanks.

01-25-14 12:01 PM
    Where is the setting to adjust this? I was going through my Yahoo account on my Z30 and saw that a lot of the folders in my Inbox are empty. But when I checked my Yahoo on my laptop, all of the emails are shown.
    01-26-14 12:11 AM
    Where is the setting to adjust this? I was going through my Yahoo account on my Z30 and saw that a lot of the folders in my Inbox are empty. But when I checked my Yahoo on my laptop, all of the emails are shown.
    What version of BB10 do you have? You need 10.2.1 in order to get this feature
    01-26-14 12:36 AM
    What version of BB10 do you have? You need 10.2.1 in order to get this feature
    Leaked 10.2.1.1925 (Software release 10.2.1.537)
    01-26-14 01:15 AM
    The "Delete on" option is found by going to Hub > Settings (overflow menu - 3 vertical dots bottom right) > Display and Actions. Scroll down.

However,
    this may not be your situation. I believe Yahoo email is available as POP and IMAP. I don't have a Yahoo account, so I can't verify, but I believe the default setup in BB 10 would be IMAP (2-way sync). You can confirm by looking at your account settings. If your server address is something like imap.yahoo.com, that confirms it.

Then check if your folders are syncing. From the homescreen, swipe down for Settings > Accounts, and select the account. Scroll to the very bottom of the page and tap "Edit Folder Settings". There you can select which folders should sync to your device. This will take a few minutes or more, depending on how much there is to sync. If you have a lot, you should probably do it when on WiFi so you don't kill your data plan.

Further, unless the advanced option is selected during setup, the default is to sync back 7 days of email to the device. To get all email ("forever" option), you would have to delete the account and re-add it, selecting the advanced option at the bottom of the setup screen.

Hope this helps.
    01-26-14 10:20 AM
    The "Delete on" option is found by going to Hub > Settings (overflow menu - 3 vertical dots bottom right) > Display and Actions. Scroll down.

However,
    this may not be your situation. I believe Yahoo email is available as POP and IMAP. I don't have a Yahoo account, so I can't verify, but I believe the default setup in BB 10 would be IMAP (2-way sync). You can confirm by looking at your account settings. If your server address is something like imap.yahoo.com, that confirms it.

Then check if your folders are syncing. From the homescreen, swipe down for Settings > Accounts, and select the account. Scroll to the very bottom of the page and tap "Edit Folder Settings". There you can select which folders should sync to your device. This will take a few minutes or more, depending on how much there is to sync. If you have a lot, you should probably do it when on WiFi so you don't kill your data plan.

Further, unless the advanced option is selected during setup, the default is to sync back 7 days of email to the device. To get all email ("forever" option), you would have to delete the account and re-add it, selecting the advanced option at the bottom of the setup screen.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks! I deleted my account and re-added it and chose the 'forever' option. Everything seems to be working just fine now
    01-26-14 08:27 PM
    Excellent. Glad to hear that.
    01-26-14 08:32 PM
    So in 10.2.1, in order to delete on device and leave on server, I'll have to change accounts on device that are currently on imap to pop. I have that right?

01-26-14 09:38 PM
    So in 10.2.1, in order to delete on device and leave on server, I'll have to change accounts on device that are currently on imap to pop. I have that right?

No. If you're already on an IMAP account, you can leave it that way. The delete on handheld option still should be fine. Like I said, I have a couple of friends running that option. One is on an IMAP account, the other an EAS account.
    01-26-14 09:54 PM
    Thanks! I deleted my account and re-added it and chose the 'forever' option.
    When one chooses such an option does this result in all my thousands of emails from my almost 9 year old gmail account will be dloaded to my phone or that from this time forward all newly arriving email will be left on the phone (unless deleted)?
    01-27-14 07:00 AM
    When one chooses such an option does this result in all my thousands of emails from my almost 9 year old gmail account will be dloaded to my phone or that from this time forward all newly arriving email will be left on the phone (unless deleted)?
    The forever option will sync all the email in the account, in the folders you've selected to sync. You may be better off with the 30 day sync.
    01-27-14 07:36 AM
    The forever option will sync all the email in the account, in the folders you've selected to sync. You may be better off with the 30 day sync.
    Thanks for the reply. But after 30 days are the accumulated month of emails removed from the phone?
    01-28-14 08:27 AM
    Thanks for the reply. But after 30 days are the accumulated month of emails removed from the phone?
    Not quite. Any email that becomes 31 days old just un-syncs from your device. In other words, you always have the latest 30 days worth of messages. The rest are still safe on the server.
    01-28-14 09:04 AM
    Not quite. Any email that becomes 31 days old just un-syncs from your device. In other words, you always have the latest 30 days worth of messages. The rest are still safe on the server.
    But then they are no longer on the phone.

I wish there was an option to sync messages going forward.
    01-28-14 09:28 AM

Thanks
    Steve.

If you have BBM Channels, subscribe to Michael McLewley's channel, in one of the posts he shows of this feature and highlighted that it was a breakthrough for BlackBerry developers to get this to happen, basically they have invented something new that previously was not done.

Does this help?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 09:37 AM
    But then they are no longer on the phone.

I wish there was an option to sync messages going forward.
    The only other option at the moment is all messages -"forever".
    01-28-14 10:06 AM
    Now that I've updated, I have set my hub to delete on device only yet some emails are kept on the server and others are not. All received by the same account.

Any others experiencing this?

01-29-14 07:43 AM