the android runtime in blackworld said "open" not "update" so I presumed it up to date, but found a comment on CB about sideloading latest shell-10.2.1.108-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar and android-10.2.1.108-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar files. Did that, rebooted, hey presto everything working. Hope this helps people.
    are that bar from offical update?

CB10 with Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    01-31-14 08:42 PM
    Q10. Updated to 10.2.1.537 on Tuesday (this is day 3). I have never had any leaked stuff, and have no android apps or anything "unofficial" on the phone.

A few problems initially: Facebook chat wasn't working (my messages went out, but I wasn't notified of responses and when I closed and reopened the conversation in the hub my messages were gone) but that seems to have settled. Text message conversations had the number instead of the contact name, but that has settled as well. Oh, and the battery seems to drain faster even now, but I haven't really done a fair test due to the issue below.

The SMS conversation bug is still there. Three times since the update (twice yesterday, once so far today) I have had to reboot to "unfreeze" a frozen conversation. There are lots of messages in this conversation, true, but there must be some fundamental design flaw that is causing this bug if they haven't been able to fix it yet.

I suppose I could delete the conversation and see if it happens again on a new one, but I'd really rather not lose all these messages. A workaround would be if it was possible to start a new conversation with a contact when there is an existing conversation with that contact, but that doesn't seem possible.

At a seemingly random time (I can't reproduce it on demand) I will start to type an SMS (text) message and the following occurs:
    - I can type the message normally, but the "send" icon won't light up, and the Enter key won't do anything
    - At this point, I consider this conversation "frozen"
    - Scrolling up on the conversation will show the last few messages, but then just empty space
    - Going back to the hub and choosing another SMS conversation will bring up the frozen one instead of the chosen one
    - Other conversations/apps (Facebook, BBM) appear to work normally
    - "Resetting the hub" by swiping diagonally in from the upper right corner a few times doesn't fix it
    - Entering the conversation through the "Text Messages" icon doesn't fix it
    - While the conversation is frozen, text messages from that contact can continue to be received and display in the preview, but aren't added to the conversation until it is unfrozen

The only ways to unfreeze the conversation that I have discovered are to wait an indeterminate amount of time (sometimes two or three minutes, I've waited as long as 10 before giving up) or do a shutdown and restart. When it comes back up, and the hub is ready, choosing the previously frozen conversation usually works (after a few seconds of delay). Before the update I had to choose a different SMS conversation, let it load, close it, then choose the previously frozen one to get it to work.

This is a critical flaw, as far as I'm concerned. It is important to be able to respond to a text message right away, and randomly having to reboot because of a bug in order to use SMS is unacceptable. At the very least, provide a way to export the conversation to a readable file (the "copy chat" button does nothing, as far as I can tell), and be able to force-text a number even if there is a preexisting conversation.

Andrew
    You can save your conversation using the app sms backup in BlackBerry World. Install that backup all your texts to that and then erase your convo all should be good.

Yes there is some coding issue that causes this but instead of folks banging they're heads against the wall I'd suggest using this app I've been using it since it came out its been greatly improved and is really easy to use, something I do is backup to my card so that when I upgrade the phone I have a copy offline from the internal memory

From my Zed 30 running 10.2.1.1925(10.2.1.537)
    01-31-14 10:54 PM
    Sorry for the repost of what I said in this thread, but I am having trouble directly installing any APK files. To quote from the other thread:

I am unsure if this is an unfortunately coincidence of all the APK files I am trying just not working or if this is in fact an OS issue on some level. If you check out this news item here you'll see a lot of other people are having similar problems. Any thoughts?

Update: I just realized, like others, that Android ported apps that came from App World no longer work. My oh my, this is starting to become less of an annoyance and more of a major problem.
    Having the same problem with my wife's phone. For the life of me I can't get any of the App store apk files to install. Just the spinning processing circle.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 08:46 AM
    When you say Reboot, do you mean just turning it off? Or a battery pull? or??
    Sorry, bit of a novice here.
    Hold the volume up and down buttom for a few seconds, and it will reboot your phone.

Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.1925)
    02-01-14 11:14 AM
    Application Permissions list disappears if too many apps are installed.

I found that my threshold is 169 total apps as listed in the storage tab of device manager. This total includes system apps, bundled apps and apps I installed from BBW and Amazon app store.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 02:51 PM
    What bothers me about this update is that whenever the wallpaper is changed a popup notification box appears. It is really annoying when you are running a wallpaper changer app. OS 10.2.1.200 did not have this problem. OS 10.2.0 did not have this problem either. Why would Blackberry keep this in an update without a way to suppress it?
    02-01-14 11:57 PM
    Contacts, BBM and calendar

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    Text messages as well can have a dark theme

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 01:06 AM
    Do you have a list with official known issues ? Where can i request bug fix vom blackberry ?

When i use the new pinch gesture in hub the new next mail icon dont work. it should open the next unread mail...
    bobop likes this.
    02-02-14 09:41 AM
    Text messages as well can have a dark theme

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I just found that. I'm really liking the dark theme. I didn't think I would!

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    02-02-14 10:01 AM
    @lynxs_claw did you ever sideload android apps ?

I read this other threat that the android runtime was uninstalled but not reinstalled.

I did sideload in past and so i caused this problem. the solution for me is provided from
    Lawrence Steinbach 01-29-2014, 01:28 AM

sideload these two bar files
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...-files-887591/

don't forget to reboot after that
    02-02-14 10:54 AM
    Pull micro sd and reinsert if it doesn't find music photos vids.
    02-02-14 10:58 AM
    I have found Google Apps connected on Active Sync won't let me compose emails in HTML format due to some sort of IT Policy restriction.

I have also found my Facebook contacts in my contacts app do not have any pictures being pulled in any more.

Linked In profile pictures come down just fine along with those from twitter.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 12:01 PM
    Bluetooth connection issues with some vehicles. Tried everything but no dice!
    02-02-14 01:14 PM
    When forwarding an email, I can no longer change the email account from which to send the email.

Whatsapp is very laggy. I upgraded, deleted and reinstalled the app. It is still laggy and sometimes breaks the hub with a black screen.

BB9700, 9790, Q10.2.1.537
    I can no longer change the email sender account and I use this often! I don't have whatsapp installed so can't blame it on this :/

via ?CB10 on my fabulous z10 ? device
    02-02-14 03:10 PM
    My calendar is super slow now, takes 5 seconds to open up a mtg to edit it. I was hoping this OS would allow you to chg the time of a mtg by dragging it like on iOS. Next one hopefully!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 03:27 PM
    02-07-14 07:11 PM
    I'm now having issues with bluetooth, it does not want to connect on any devices..

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 12:52 AM
    Observed on all/most BBs in company where I work (v 10.2.1.537) :
    1. the mobile hotspot disconnects when incoming call or sms . > unusable !
    2. In the contacts app : if click on the Add Group button , the Cancel button doesn't work. The only way to get out is to create a dummy group and delete it afterwards ! (or to restart the device )
    3. After each restart, the USB Mass Storage is switched OFF. Have to re-switch it ON manually each time !
    4. not a bug but very disturbing : automatic link of contacts. makes a strange salad when having professional and private usage. there should be a possibility to switch off/on.
    AmarBw likes this.
    02-09-14 01:35 AM
    Anyone else having issues with some of their music files (MP3) showing up as "unknown" for artist and song info? This has shown up on my Z10 since the 10.2.1 upgrade. All my files are fully ID3 tagged and were read fine before. It has made quite the mess of my music library on my Z10.
    02-09-14 08:29 AM
    4. not a bug but very disturbing : automatic link of contacts. makes a strange salad when having professional and private usage. there should be a possibility to switch off/on.
    Same for me. I thought it was my Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and have been playing with those settings. for a few days. I was getting super pissed off to. Glad (lol) to see someone else has it too and its BlackBerry as opposed to my server. But it's not happening to my Gmail Apps account which uses CardDAV only on my work (EAS). So it still must be related to EAS.

What do u guys run at work?

And it's really bad. It Links 10 contacts into one contact all of a sudden and my gf is on my work address book. So ill be msging her on whatsapp and I'll blink and her name has changed a business associate. Its really scary.

My Gmail email doesn't delete off the server. I hhave a double letter typing problem. My battery drains in half a day cause of PIM services woont stop. And now multiple links on contacts. What's next? Officially this phone is a joke. Paid �450 up front too for it. Really disappointed.
    02-09-14 07:46 PM
    Where did thosse html tags come from??

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 07:48 PM
    Voice Control does not work properly (no feedback)! 10.1 was better than this update.
    I'm having the same problem -- the voice control "voice" is barely audible, whether it is coming from the phone or from the bluetooth. This is making it very difficult to make calls using voice control while driving.
    02-13-14 02:33 PM
    There is a whole thread on this. Read from the end as there as some work arounds. They worked for me. Even BlackBerry sent out a work around for now. They know of this issue. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=897818

Posted via my awesome Q10
    zachgeo likes this.
    02-13-14 03:11 PM
198 ... 678