First it was the texting issue which drove everyone I know with a BB10 device insane... now about half the people I know have unusable runtimes and everytime the try and install and APK it says parsing error... it's hard to defend BlackBerry these days.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 08:01 PM
    I won't downplay your issues but my update to .1925 was super smooth. I have none of the issues you report. CB has resources to help you resolve most of these issues. Good luck.
    01-31-14 08:08 PM
    Have you tried 1mobilemarket? I tried that and it was pretty smooth. And that's coming from someone who has never side loaded anything at all.
    All in all I'm pretty impressed with the update. Hope your issues get resolved soon.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    01-31-14 08:18 PM
    Super smooth here

Posted via CB10
    millwright40 likes this.
    01-31-14 08:25 PM
    Been using 10.2.1 since the leaks were available and 1925 has been solid. Been running it on a Z10 and a Z30. Be patient, it will come. I've been using the sideloaded app Snap for downloading from Google free apps and it's working perfectly for me. Most every APK I have installed works flawlessly. There are a few that don't. Good luck, hope things settle down for you.
    01-31-14 08:26 PM
    Like the previous post said - not down playing your issues but we have 3Z10s and a Q10 and all work very well!!

And Z30 will be joining the family tomorrow.

The texting issue was a problem. 2 of the 3Z10s had the problem (now gone). A bug they finally quashed.

So I wouldn't generalize and say BlackBerry is not dependable. For an OS that came out a year ago and where it is today is phenomenal.

Apple and Google with all their vaunted $$s and resources did not accomplish in their first year what BlackBerry has done with their brand new OS.

G

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 08:27 PM
    Well said. We have 6 z10, and 1 z30 and have no problem. Super smooth and we loaded the Leak about a month and half ago.

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    brian4591 likes this.
    01-31-14 08:30 PM
    I haven't had an issue since getting z10 5 months ago. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 08:37 PM
    Sad story Bro.
    Balls deep in awesomeness here.

Posted Via my second Z10
    01-31-14 08:47 PM
    No worries here on either a Z10 or Q5, both running the leak before it became official. Smooth, no errors loading Android apps. I use 1MobileMarket on one device and Snap on the other.
    millwright40 and CDM76 like this.
    01-31-14 08:49 PM
    Just call your carrier for support.
    First it was the texting issue which drove everyone I know with a BB10 device insane... now about half the people I know have unusable runtimes and everytime the try and install and APK it says parsing error... it's hard to defend BlackBerry these days.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 08:55 PM
    i have run the leak and the new update without issue. Sure some people have had some problems but most of them are fixable. Blackberry did bring this out and their will be some issues. All fixable issues for the most part. That sounds like the snap problem people were having an issue with. It was a problem with snap. Are you running the latest version of Snap. If you arent it has nothing to do with the OS its the download site. That sounds like the issue. Initially he had the site all going through one account so once enough downloads went through it basically shut down. giving everyone the parsing error and runtime issue. If you have the lastest version you need a google play account of your own to run it. Then you can log in under your own username and you wont have this problem.
    wiredr, Davidro1 and millwright40 like this.
    01-31-14 08:58 PM
    What was the texting issue?
    Davidro1 likes this.
    01-31-14 09:07 PM
    Sorry to read about your experience with 10.2.1. For my phone (Verizon Q10), I had the following experience after installing the OS:

10.1.0.4189 Quick update; Apps ran fast.
    10.2.0.1791 Took some effort with Sachesi for the update; Apps ran fast
    10.2.1.1055 Quick update with autoloader; Apps noticeably slower to open
    10.2.1.1925 Quick update with autoloader; All Apps again as fast as before
    01-31-14 09:09 PM
    Do a security wipe. I always do one after an upgrade.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-31-14 09:17 PM
    This update works great, and does so for everyone I know with a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 09:23 PM
    Everything is working perfectly for me on my Z10. Super snappy across the board

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 09:24 PM
    Sideload the 10.2.1. runtime bar files to fix the runtime. It is a legit problem. Have seen it in person on 2 of almost 30 BlackBerry 10 devices I know off, so it's not really really common. My update itself went flawlessly

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 09:28 PM
    Maybe my issue isn't the same as yours but my runtime didn't work either after I updated to 10.2.1 but I had an unlocked runtime sideloaded previously so i just sideloaded the runtime for 10.2.1 and everything was good after that but like I said maybe my issue isn't the same as yours, and I've never had any texting issue on my phone but I'm sorry to hear about your issue hope you can find a fix for them

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 09:28 PM
    i had issues with android apps after install. let's be serious, yes it is fixable but we shouldn't have to fix it ourselves. people need to stop defending blackberry's screwups. i wasn't running a leak beforehand. when crackberry starts a post asking people to save a file log for blackberry if you had an issue then it is a real issue. people jumping on here defending blackberry and downplaying a real issue doesn't help anyone. consumers or blackberry.

Having issues with your Android Runtime not working after the 10.2.1 update? Read this! | CrackBerry.com

so for all the people ignoring this real issue it helps no one. people had problems and way more than one or two people. blackberry messed up a bit again and they need to get better.

poster two saying the cb had the answers is funny. the problem is blackberry didn't have the answers. crackberry is a forum of consumers. touting that consumers have the answers when blackberry didn't doesn't say much for blackberry, does it?
    01-31-14 10:01 PM
    You probably should reload your OS... my experience is that on the contrary, everything is much more stable with 10.2.1

Android runtime may be a bit slow to starts but works much better than expected

Posted via CB10
    frisco49ers and Mecca EL like this.
    01-31-14 10:11 PM
    Super smooth update here too. Was pleasantly surprised that all my android data was saved too - didn't lose progress on any games and didn't have to re-logon any passwords.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 10:15 PM
    i had issues with android apps after install. let's be serious, yes it is fixable but we shouldn't have to fix it ourselves. people need to stop defending blackberry's screwups. i wasn't running a leak beforehand. when crackberry starts a post asking people to save a file log for blackberry if you had an issue then it is a real issue. people jumping on here defending blackberry and downplaying a real issue doesn't help anyone. consumers or blackberry.

Having issues with your Android Runtime not working after the 10.2.1 update? Read this! | CrackBerry.com

so for all the people ignoring this real issue it helps no one. people had problems and way more than one or two people. blackberry messed up a bit again and they need to get better.

poster two saying the cb had the answers is funny. the problem is blackberry didn't have the answers. crackberry is a forum of consumers. touting that consumers have the answers when blackberry didn't doesn't say much for blackberry, does it?

As I recall. Apple had some issues too when people updated to ios6. Can't they get it right after 6 updates? Stuff happens.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://a...tGuw8SqBNJSVKQ

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    01-31-14 10:22 PM
    I like how you think your issues represents everyone's

Z30 : No more peasants battery life
    mk2234, Mecca EL, wincyUt and 2 others like this.
    01-31-14 10:22 PM
    I won't downplay your issues but my update to .1925 was super smooth. I have none of the issues you report. CB has resources to help you resolve most of these issues. Good luck.
    +1
    01-31-14 10:43 PM
129 123 ...