Michael Clewley just confirmed that we'll be able to remove the grey box around the app icons in 10.2.1!http://n4bb.com/blackberry-10-2-1-al...on-background/

Posted via CB10
    What gray box?

10.2.1 is getting some cool new features!-img_00000027.png
    chern, Dave79, diegonei and 1 others like this.
    10-15-13 12:36 PM
    What gray box?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000027.png 
Views:	5573 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	210760
    Well played sir... haha

Posted via CB10
    etnt7 and Rage Riley like this.
    10-15-13 12:51 PM
    Well played sir... haha

Posted via CB10
    Lol thank you
    10-15-13 01:00 PM
    I like the grey boxes.. makes the icons look structured IMO

Q10
    10-15-13 01:11 PM
    yea cause thats what I really care about? grey boxes around my icons.

Posted via CB10
    anon(2729369) and xiaohuaxing like this.
    10-15-13 04:08 PM
    What gray box?

Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 04:59 PM
    Nice feature!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 04:59 PM
    That would be handy.

I love how they start listening to user complaints about the UI and so on after they decide to slice the company in half and abandon the consumer market.

Sigh.
    Wow...sarcasm or depression?... Be happy...

Trusted Member Genius
    10-15-13 07:22 PM
    Tehehe, BlackBerry is the land of work arounds.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    This! Haha

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:35 PM
    ...uhmm I like the gray shadow around the icons...

Proudly Z10 owner...
    10-15-13 09:07 PM
    Is 10.2.1 "coming soon"?
    10-15-13 09:12 PM
    Is 10.2.1 "coming soon"?
    Yep Spring 2014 is coming closer - a little bit everyday

Sorry could not resist. No one knows when 10.2.1.xxxx will come. No Rumored Time Frame yet AFAIK. They started developing this Branch ~4 Weeks ago. It could take a few Months. I hope BlackBerry is alive then *fingerscrossed*

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 09:50 PM
    Pity though. Because after nearly 6-9 months of users shouting into the void about various missing or poorly-implemented features of BB10, all the sudden over the last couple of months Blackberry does this:

• Software official announces likely return of "delete on device only" email option, after many many people bitterly protested the removal of that traditional Blackberry feature from BB10
    • Brings preliminary OpenVPN support to 10.2, after people had been griping about the lack of it most of the year
    • Brings the ability to compose emails in plain text in 10.2, after many people complained about the enforced and dumb HTML formatting of BB10 email up until now
    • Brings back the dark theme, after inexplicably introducing it with the Q10 and then removing it permanently shortly thereafter amid bitter complaints from users
    • Took the company 6 months to provide more than 30 day email sync capability despite this feature being standard on the competition's products

There are other items but I can't remember them right now.

The thing that struck me most about the recently announced financial loss and inventory buildup of unsold Z10s is that it is clear evidence that the company has not been listening to users, resellers and industry partners, to the point where they had no idea what the actual demand for their product was. Thorsten's confident proclamation that BlackBerry would sell "tens of millions" of Q10s was the most embarrassing example.

Either this company starts paying attention to what the market and their customers are telling them for a change, or they are more doomed than they already appear to be.
    Is it possible that they got some of the demand forecast from the resellers / carriers? I would imagine some dialogue has to take place with a OEM and their partners before deciding how much to put into production. I'm not familiar with the OEM and seller relationship so if you have any insight on it, it would be appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    10-15-13 10:02 PM
    What gray box?

You beat me to it! I've used 'Batman Black' wallpaper since day 1 (Feb.06) on the Z10. Best look I have seen yet.

Thanks.
    10-15-13 10:08 PM
    What gray box?

Bottom right, above the camera icon...

I've used an all black wall on my Q10 since I first got it.
    10-15-13 11:00 PM
    Is it possible that they got some of the demand forecast from the resellers / carriers? I would imagine some dialogue has to take place with a OEM and their partners before deciding how much to put into production. I'm not familiar with the OEM and seller relationship so if you have any insight on it, it would be appreciated.

I'm sure there is some input from resellers and carriers, but the point remains the same: for a company to be that far off in their estimates of demand for their product, either they are not paying attention to all sorts of data and input, or they don't know how to run a business. (there's a lot of overlap in those 2 things)

There are some dysfunctional countries that are run that way. Any time some external entity voices a reasonable criticism about the government's behavior, they accuse them of being racists or bigots of some kind.

I actually do think Blackberry gets a bizarro amount of negative vitriol spewed at them for some weird reason (I have some speculations about why but I certainly can't claim to explain it), but above and beyond that, getting stuck with the amount of unsold stock that BlackBerry got stuck with in recent months tells me that there is some sort of serious management failure going on somewhere.
    10-16-13 12:30 AM
    I actually feel that BB is listening. But they are too slow with it. They should just add in as much functions as they can as fast as possible!
    RJMarc likes this.
    10-16-13 01:57 AM
    What twitter app is that? It looks sweet in black

Posted via CB10
    Falcon Pro.
    10-16-13 03:49 AM
    I'm sure there is some input from resellers and carriers, but the point remains the same: for a company to be that far off in their estimates of demand for their product, either they are not paying attention to all sorts of data and input, or they don't know how to run a business. (there's a lot of overlap in those 2 things)

There are some dysfunctional countries that are run that way. Any time some external entity voices a reasonable criticism about the government's behavior, they accuse them of being racists or bigots of some kind.

I actually do think Blackberry gets a bizarro amount of negative vitriol spewed at them for some weird reason (I have some speculations about why but I certainly can't claim to explain it), but above and beyond that, getting stuck with the amount of unsold stock that BlackBerry got stuck with in recent months tells me that there is some sort of serious management failure going on somewhere.
    I'm not saying they bear no weight to the situation but what if an OEM did go to the seller for feedback on how much they believe they can sell? Let's say a seller requests for 100,000 units with the initial understanding that the seller would market the product as done before in past relationships but upon receipt the seller didn't follow through on that relationship due to other priorities (ie. carrier testing, competing products, etc..). Maybe at this point the OEM sells only half the amount and decides to return the rest to clear out space. What are the reprecutions for the OEM versus the seller now typically? For example we could assume that situation likely happened with some of the Canadian and U.S. carriers. Can someone in the industry enlighten us on how it works on that front???

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by jay_men; 10-16-13 at 06:21 AM.
    10-16-13 06:08 AM
    Still no sign of custom contact SMS notifications, though. Not sure why it is taking them this long to integrate it into the OS. I had my legacy device customized as far as who is texting me by the song that plays. I need that to come back. If that comes back, I'd be willing to bite the pillow with side loaded Android apps and a potentially weaker battery (I'm using a ZeroLemon battery for this S4).

Seriously.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CB Forums mobile app
    Saxacat likes this.
    10-16-13 07:01 AM
    Can we get independent notification volumes? On each sms, email, ring tones, bbm?

Posted via CB10
    Saxacat likes this.
    10-16-13 07:21 AM
    Can we get independent notification volumes? On each sms, email, ring tones, bbm?

Posted via CB10
    And for each contact,
    now its only available for Email BBM and phone

Posted via CB10
    Saxacat likes this.
    10-16-13 07:27 AM
    An OS that is barely a year old already needs a UI refresh? I've always thought the dark cave-like appearance was old and dated on day 1, but that's just me... Kind of represents BlackBerry's senior management team. Old, worn out, and trying desperately to keep up.... Keep Moving...
    10-16-13 09:15 AM
    The OS is still improving with every leak whether or not you can remove the grey boxes from around the icons.
    10-16-13 10:04 AM
    To be honest I'm not too bothered about the grey box or lack of it; I want to be able to customize the SMS tone for each contact. This was available on my previous Blackberry devices using OS 5, 6 and 7; why is it not in BB10, how hard can it be?
    I can customize individual BBM contacts, which for me is useless, as I don't know anyone who has a Blackberry; all my family and friends either use Android devices or iPhones.
    I briefly played with a Z30 last week, this function was still not available on the software the Z30 was running, which I believe to be OS10.2.
    montberry likes this.
    10-16-13 11:01 AM
67 123