10.2.1 has some wonderful upgrades. But here are bugs I've noticed so far that make me wish I was back to the former version.

1. My battery(ies) life is much shorter. I have to charge it every few hours.
    2. Everything is sluggish. Messages/emails/texts all take a few seconds to load.
    3. The Hub lags when switching from one item to another--switching from email to text, for instance: The screen pauses, re-displays email, then after a few seconds will display text listings. It's the same with all of them--and sometimes selecting a new Hub category will bounce back to the Hub menu.
    4. Apps are slower, too.

Is this all just me?

Thanks!
    02-03-14 09:42 AM
    Probably o.o but I did my install from an autoloader so idk could be that

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    02-03-14 09:43 AM
    I am not experiencing this. Also sounds somewhat unusual, though that's not to dismiss what you're experiencing out of hand. It might be useful to those who are able to help you to know which handset you're using. Also, have you considered whether your onboard and media card memory are close to being maxed out? If so, that could certainly have an impact on performance, especially overall speed of your device.
    02-03-14 09:53 AM
    Not experiencing any of these issues with 10.2.1 update and I've been on it since last Tuesday morning. Switching between hub folders is instant, battery is about the same as prior to update and no lag staring new messages or replying to message threads be it SMS, email, MMS or even WhatsApp.
    My only issue is much worse voice recognition in both Voice Control and SayIt.

Posted via CB10
    Sean Flaherty likes this.
    02-03-14 09:53 AM
    OP do security wipe or reload os will solve your issue

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:55 AM
    I have two batteries also

I stopped changing batteries because it takes too long for the phone to index everything all over again

This really eats up the battery fast

The battery pac I have I am able to plug in to the side of the phone to charge it up

Try it out for a couple of days and see if your battery life improves

I think this is why they made the Z30 with a none removal battery

CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    02-03-14 09:56 AM
    I have also noticed the lag in updating my calendar, whenever i click on it. But more annoyingly, whenever I power the Z30 down and restart it, I find athat ALL of my calendar entries, contacts, and emails ARE GONE! It takes about 45 minutes to re-sync them all from my Corporate email server, and after that, provided that I don't power down the deice, i am fine.

Has anyone else seen this? It did *NOT* use to happen wit hthe previous OS...
    02-03-14 10:02 AM
    10.2.1 has some wonderful upgrades. But here are bugs I've noticed so far that make me wish I was back to the former version.

2. Everything is sluggish. Messages/emails/texts all take a few seconds to load.
    3. The Hub lags when switching from one item to another--switching from email to text, for instance: The screen pauses, re-displays email, then after a few seconds will display text listings. It's the same with all of them--and sometimes selecting a new Hub category will bounce back to the Hub menu.
    4. Apps are slower, too.

Is this all just me?

Thanks!
    The problem all you listed above normally happened for a new upgrade or new install. Let the phone cool down for at least 12 hours then you may want to reboot. Disable SIM pincode if you don't want to get stuck at 100% loading screen.

If the problem have been persist for more then 48 hours and you have not reboot it yet, you may want to do so or else just reload or wipe your device. Something goes wrong with the update maybe. Just like a complication after a surgery. BlackBerry 10 is sort of new hospital with a new surgeon.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:10 AM
    Nope

Sorry to hear you guys are having grief, have you tried the hard reset using the vol buttons yet? If you have its best to backup your device and do a security wipe nex then...give it a chance to start fresh.

Sent flawlessly from my Z30!
    tsi200 likes this.
    02-03-14 10:10 AM
    Thanks, all. I have a Z10 and the previous os system didn't have these issues. I've had the update since last week and it's been like this since. I've removed the battery a few times for a fresh start. I am not tech savvy at all so if it involves much more than removing a battery I am in trouble!
    02-03-14 10:30 AM
    Tried turning my phone off, then on again, and everything came up lickety-split! No horrendous 1-hour sync requierd. And no noticeabel delays in the Hub, Calendar, etc. So it looks like I'm good to go! Thanks for the suggestion!
    02-03-14 01:03 PM
    I haven't had that too much, but there's a huge lag in my music player now. I love having the commands at the top of the screen rather than the middle, but whether I'm using those or just in the music program properly skipping songs, it takes about six seconds to catch up, so if I skip a song or go back to a previous one, it keeps playing the current one before it changes. A little frustrating!

Hope your phone gets on track soon!
    billp2001 and Brandon Orr like this.
    02-03-14 01:16 PM
    I have also noticed the lag in updating my calendar, whenever i click on it. But more annoyingly, whenever I power the Z30 down and restart it, I find athat ALL of my calendar entries, contacts, and emails ARE GONE! It takes about 45 minutes to re-sync them all from my Corporate email server, and after that, provided that I don't power down the deice, i am fine.

Has anyone else seen this? It did *NOT* use to happen wit hthe previous OS...
    Yes this is a known issue on 10.2.1. If you reboot the device and enter your device password on the 1st popup, then the re-sync doesn't happen. It happens only if you get subset error. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 01:26 PM
    Any issues slightly resembling this have always been fixed for me with a reboot of the phone. I would also recommend that no one ever do a battery pull on a BB10 device. Press Vol + and Vol - until you see "BlackBerry" has always righted the phone for me.
    02-03-14 01:26 PM

4. Apps are slower, too.

Is this all just me?

Thanks!
    I have those problems too! It's been 2 days since I had the update, my battery lasts just 3 hours. I've done 3 reboots and nothing changed..

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 STL 100-1
    02-04-14 03:21 AM
    I had big issues too. I ended up doing a wipe & restore. It fixed most issues except for the Voice control, which is still not working

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 03:37 AM
    I'm experiencing a few very annoying bugs too. The music app has an 6-8 second lag when skipping songs and instant preview (on lockscreen) is showing deleted messages.
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    02-04-14 07:43 AM
    I have the two button reset on my Z30 an done the battery is even better before the update. I am on Vodafone UK but I changed the sim to T-Mobile just to get the update.

Posted with my Z30
    02-04-14 10:15 AM
    Hey guys I've not once been able to reboot /restart my z10 since the leak or the official update. It either gets stuck at %100 and then reboots itself and tries again or it reboots before 100 but never makes it back to working and then I have to reinstall the autoloader. I searched all over crackberry and I can't find anyone having these problems. I loaded the same OS on my wife's and daughters z10 and they don't have this issue either. Please anyone help, also I've tried wiping and that got stuck too. Any help is so much appreciated and thank you in advance. . Ps I haven't had any other issue at all and everything else runs much better in this release.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 12:38 AM
    Hey guys I've not once been able to reboot /restart my z10 since the leak or the official update. It either gets stuck at %100 and then reboots itself and tries again or it reboots before 100 but never makes it back to working and then I have to reinstall the autoloader. I searched all over crackberry and I can't find anyone having these problems. I loaded the same OS on my wife's and daughters z10 and they don't have this issue either. Please anyone help, also I've tried wiping and that got stuck too. Any help is so much appreciated and thank you in advance. . Ps I haven't had any other issue at all and everything else runs much better in this release.

Posted via CB10
    Check the BlackBerry knowledge base. They have something for this exact issue. It's to do with the radio file.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:17 AM
    Yes this is a known issue on 10.2.1. If you reboot the device and enter your device password on the 1st popup, then the re-sync doesn't happen. It happens only if you get subset error. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    Cesare21, can you please elaborate on this? I am having a "subset error" and have tried wiping, reloading, etc. It happens at every restart for my work EAS email. Any help?

10.2.1 bugs ... am I the only one?-img_20140208_110034.png

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 09:51 AM
    With 10.2.1 I have this camera issue: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...bb-z10-903077/
    Cans anyone confirm this bug?
    Last edited by Draven94; 02-18-14 at 07:11 PM.
    02-09-14 10:58 AM
    I too had the same problem, very sluggish, cpu at 50% or higher all the time, SD card not indexing, try to open message in hub and hub dims and message never opened. here's what I did: hooked up my Z to the computer, opened Link and re download the software. I believe my Os got mucked up when it first updated. Went from 3 hrs of battery life before, now I get 12 hrs before it's down to 20%. Cpu never dropped below 50% usage. Now it always hums along around 1-2% while idle. So, your Os may have gotten mucked up also. After I did a reload, it took 24 hrs for it to settle in. Now I'm loving it!! Before the reload I was pulling my hair out. Give it a try, it can't hurt. Hope this helps you!

Via my Z10 with 10.2.1 awesomeness
    02-09-14 06:49 PM
    Cesare21, can you please elaborate on this? I am having a "subset error" and have tried wiping, reloading, etc. It happens at every restart for my work EAS email. Any help?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140208_110034.png 
Views:	373 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	246324

Posted via CB10
    Sure, so when you restart the phone, wait for the first prompt to enter your device password. The phone needs to be in the hands once the phone reboots and the hub loads. After a few seconds the EAS account will ask for your password. Enter the password at this time. If you missed the first time, the account will eventually fail and you will see the error as in the screenshot you attached.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 06:50 PM
    Not sure why th OP is experiencing these issues. No lagging or issues on my Z10 since upgrading to 10.2.1, and the hub loads nearly instantaneously after any restart. All in all my Z10 is performing better than ever. And I still get good battery life too, so no issues there.
    Maybe a wipe and a re-install of the OS might improve things for you. Not an ideal thing to do, but with a backup via link it's worth a try to see if these issues go away. Hope all goes well for you.

Z10 In action here!
    02-09-14 06:57 PM
28 12