There have been countless post on the forums about 10.2.1 battery life. Obviously, this is a big issue for a lot of us. I believe everyone when they say the OS needs to settle, but I don't believe it needs more than a week to do so, which is how long it's been since the update and battery life is still abysmal for a lot of us.

I really think BlackBerry needs to release an update to fix the issue. I'm also seeing some lagging on my Q5 after the update, though that might just possibly be me. The battery life issue is definitely not an isolated incident though.

P.S. Why does it take so much time for Picture Password to show after swiping up? It's just not snappy enough.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 11:46 AM
    Yes, maintenance release would be appreciated. However, some European carriers whose didn't release 10.2.1 yet testing new build (assume. 2003) which shouldn't have this bugs.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 11:48 AM
    Also, before anyone else tells me, hard resets HAVE been done. A lot of times.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 11:50 AM
    There have been countless post on the forums about 10.2.1 battery life. Obviously, this is a big issue for a lot of us. I believe everyone when they say the OS needs to settle, but I don't believe it needs more than a week to do so, which is how long it's been since the update and battery life is still abysmal for a lot of us.

I really think BlackBerry needs to release an update to fix the issue. I'm also seeing some lagging on my Q5 after the update, though that might just possibly be me. The battery life issue is definitely not an isolated incident though.

P.S. Why does it take so much time for Picture Password to show after swiping up? It's just not snappy enough.

Posted via CB10
    I can tell you that there is nothing wrong with the battery life on my Z30. 10.2.1.537 needs a Maintanence Release-img_20140204_135307.png
    02-04-14 11:55 AM
    I can tell you that there is nothing wrong with the battery life on my Z30. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140204_135307.png 
Views:	7682 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	244872
    Yes, and so can/will others. A lot of us are still having battery issues nevertheless.

Posted via CB10
    KoreyTM and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    02-04-14 12:04 PM
    OP there are issues with the battery life for "some", it is well documented. Maybe they will release a Maintanence Release or maybe you will have to wait for the next official release from your carrier.

I think the radio file was my main culprit, I installed the 1926 Verizon version and it seemed to settle down the issue. (but some have had problems installing the radio autoloader over a OTA official update). You might consider this option.....

But that said, 10.2.1 is doing a lot more in the background. Especially if you have any apps that now run headless.
    02-04-14 12:04 PM
    I can tell you that there is nothing wrong with the battery life on my Z30.
    Mine says I've got 2 Days and 3 Hours left..... doesn't mean I believe that is really the case.
    kbz1960 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    02-04-14 12:07 PM
    It's been six weeks since 1925 came out, I think. Something better pop up somewhere, six weeks is about five weeks too long between OS releases.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:08 PM
    OP there are issues with the battery life for "some", it is well documented. Maybe they will release a Maintanence Release or maybe you will have to wait for the next official release from your carrier.

I think the radio file was my main culprit, I installed the 1926 Verizon version and it seemed to settle down the issue. (but some have had problems installing the radio autoloader over a OTA official update). You might consider this option.....

But that said, 10.2.1 is doing a lot more in the background. Especially if you have any apps that now run headless.
    Hmmm.

If the fact that 10.2.1 does a lot in the background may be a reason for my and others poor battery life, wouldn't that hold true for everyone with 10.2.1? However, as you can see from the post two post above yours, that's not the case. It really doesn't make sense for it to affect only some people's battery life.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:10 PM
    Yes, and so can/will others. A lot of us are still having battery issues nevertheless.

Posted via CB10
    It is mostly an app or something else (like a email/network configuration) other than the OS, otherwise it would be across the board problems.
    02-04-14 12:16 PM
    All the bull**** posted here about battery life came up with the device monitor! All of you punks obviously don't seem to realize that the device monitor is calculating and forecasting the remaining battery time on your personal use basis.

Meaning:
    If you've been playing around, chatting, surfing for a half hour or so (heavy use) and you click the device monitor of course he's telling you that the battery is dead in 4 hours or so.

If you drop the device after a heavy use and check the device monitor 30 minutes later he'll tell you a completely different time!

All the Screenshots posted here are after an hour or so heavy using! They aren't anything but representative!

If you would all stop checking your device monitor you would notice the unbelievable improvement the battery took with 10.2.1!

Amen!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    02-04-14 12:16 PM
    Mine says I've got 2 Days and 3 Hours left..... doesn't mean I believe that is really the case.
    BUT.. You can see that I have used up 1/2 my battery in 29 hours and that is the case.
    02-04-14 12:17 PM
    It is mostly an app or something else (like a email/network configuration) other than the OS, otherwise it would be across the board problems.
    I really want to believe you, but trust me when I say none of my settings have changed from 10.2 (amazing battery life). I've also tried playing around with them a lot after reading advice on the forums but nothing seems to be making a difference.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:20 PM
    All the bull**** posted here about battery life came up with the device monitor! All of you punks obviously don't seem to realize that the device monitor is calculating and forecasting the remaining battery time on your personal use basis.

Meaning:
    If you've been playing around, chatting, surfing for a half hour or so (heavy use) and you click the device monitor of course he's telling you that the battery is dead in 4 hours or so.

If you drop the device after a heavy use and check the device monitor 30 minutes later he'll tell you a completely different time!

All the Screenshots posted here are after an hour or so heavy using! They aren't anything but representative!

If you would all stop checking your device monitor you would notice the unbelievable improvement the battery took with 10.2.1!

Amen!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    I'm sorry, but that's completely false. Device Monitor has nothing to do with this. My phone is just not lasting as long as it did before the update even with minimum usage. The difference is not tiny :- it's extremely noticeable.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:23 PM
    If you never put your phone down do you really expect it to last more then 5hrs with the size of the battery the Z10 has? Check which ever app has a high CPU usage is killing your battery. But putting your phone down helps your battery life in case you didnt know..
    mkelley65 likes this.
    02-04-14 12:26 PM
    I really want to believe you, but trust me when I say none of my settings have changed from 10.2 (amazing battery life). I've also tried playing around with them a lot after reading advice on the forums but nothing seems to be making a difference.

Posted via CB10
    It is really easy. Post your Device Monitor graph like I did and show us what is using your battery.
    02-04-14 12:35 PM
    To be honest threads like this are created for one of 2 reasons.

1. People do not realize that after an update it may take a few days for indexing to complete (especially with many email accounts) and automatically assume the battery life is worse. FIX: Patience.
    2. The update process is not 100% reliable and sometimes it can be glitchy. There are 2 ways to fix this.
    1) Backup, perform a security wipe, reload everything except apps (re-download the apps). Done.
    2) Backup, reload the OS using Link or Autoloader, perform a security wipe, reload everything except apps (re-download the apps). Done.

I have had a z10 since 10.0 and 10.2/10.2.1 both have very similar battery life. If you cannot fix your battery issues with one of the above 2 steps you likely have an app that isn't running correctly, which would be seen on the BB10 battery monitor.

All this talk about a maintenance release is pretty funny since another update would cause everyone to have to re-index AGAIN and have more glitches with the update process...with the exact same effect on battery life this update has had. This version of 10.2.1 has been released and running on people's phones for quite a long time now thanks to a previous leak and the large majority have had very few issues. If battery life really was an issue the majority of the people who had loaded the leak AGES ago would be the first ones to find out.
    02-04-14 12:45 PM
    To be honest threads like this are created for one of 2 reasons.

1. People do not realize that after an update it may take a few days for indexing to complete (especially with many email accounts) and automatically assume the battery life is worse. FIX: Patience.
    2. The update process is not 100% reliable and sometimes it can be glitchy. There are 2 ways to fix this.
    1) Backup, perform a security wipe, reload everything except apps (re-download the apps). Done.
    2) Backup, reload the OS using Link or Autoloader, perform a security wipe, reload everything except apps (re-download the apps). Done.

I have had a z10 since 10.0 and 10.2/10.2.1 both have very similar battery life. If you cannot fix your battery issues with one of the above 2 steps you likely have an app that isn't running correctly, which would be seen on the BB10 battery monitor.

All this talk about a maintenance release is pretty funny since another update would cause everyone to have to re-index AGAIN and have more glitches with the update process...with the exact same effect on battery life this update has had. This version of 10.2.1 has been released and running on people's phones for quite a long time now thanks to a previous leak and the large majority have had very few issues. If battery life really was an issue the majority of the people who had loaded the leak AGES ago would be the first ones to find out.
    I'm going to take your advice and reload the OS this weekend. It's just a huge inconvenience because I really don't have so much extra time. This will need a good couple of hours.

As for your comment on indexing, I think people bull**** when they give their estimates. Why do some people say it takes a couple of hours and some say it takes weeks?
    I think if I would have reported this problem a month later, a ton of people would come up say 'the OS needs a few months to index. Please be patient.'

It's been a full good week since I updated. I refuse to believe that my OS is still indexing.

Posted via CB10
    Acidwire likes this.
    02-04-14 12:51 PM
    There is a maintenance release coming, hope we get a leak of one of those builds soon tho

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    02-04-14 12:55 PM
    If you never put your phone down do you really expect it to last more then 5hrs with the size of the battery the Z10 has? Check which ever app has a high CPU usage is killing your battery. But putting your phone down helps your battery life in case you didnt know..
    NONE of the apps have a high CPU usage. And excuse me, what sort of stupid comment is that? I'm not saying my phone doesn't last long enough. I'm saying it doesn't last as much as it did earlier even with the same usage. The difference is extremely noticeable, as I and others are repeatedly saying.

BTW, according to you - the solution for poor battery life is putting your phone down and not using it.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:55 PM
    There is a maintenance release coming, hope we get a leak of one of those builds soon tho

That's really good news! Any estimates when? If it's soon enough I'll refrain from a security wipe + reload. Seriously not enough time for that.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:57 PM
    That's really good news! Any estimates when? If it's soon enough I'll refrain from a security wipe + reload. Seriously not enough time for that.

Posted via CB10
    I can't give an estimate, but there are signs all over, 2003 is one of those builds, don't think it's an initial carrier release of 10.2.1, cause there are builds along the lines of 25xx

02-04-14 01:07 PM
    Also, before anyone else tells me, hard resets HAVE been done. A lot of times.

Posted via CB10
    Just to reiterate, rebooting the phone doesn't solve the battery life issue until the phone has completed its indexing and other activities that need to happen. In fact rebooting increases the time to reindex files and the problem is never solved.

Keep the phone running with whatever battery life you get. Check your battery life a week after upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    02-04-14 01:08 PM
    I can't give an estimate, but there are signs all over, 2003 is one of those builds, don't think it's an initial carrier release of 10.2.1, cause there are builds along the lines of 25xx

Okay seriously thank you. That's amazing news.

I don't think I can wait, though. I guess time for a reload. Ugghh.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 01:09 PM
    Okay seriously thank you. That's amazing news.

I don't think I can wait, though. I guess time for a reload. Ugghh.

Posted via CB10
    Probably should wait out this week if you can, I'm not saying there is going to be a leak, but possible as thurask said 5 weeks is 4 weeks too long for something not to show

bungaboy and loyalIND like this.
    02-04-14 01:11 PM
112 123 ...