Question. Can the whole os be loaded no destructively if downloaded from Sachesi? Or is it only the core OS file?

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can. Just download the Debrick file from the link at the first post, download the radio for your device, fire up Sachesi, connect your phone to your computer and instal first the radio and then the debrick file (in that order) using Sachesi and you'll be fine. I just updated three Z10s and my Q10 using this method and they are all fine. :-)
    meltbox360 and ikyper like this.
    07-15-14 04:00 PM
    Question. Can the whole os be loaded no destructively if downloaded from Sachesi? Or is it only the core OS file?

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can. Just download the Debrick file from the link at the first post, download the radio for your device, fire up Sachesi, connect your phone to your computer and instal first the radio and then the debrick file (in that order) using Sachesi and you'll be fine. I just updated three Z10s and my Q10 using this method and they are all fine. :-)
    speedbird1 likes this.
    07-15-14 04:01 PM
    Anyone know the build date of 10.2.1.3247?

Via CB10 from Scotland using Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247
    07-15-14 04:15 PM
    Anyone know the build date of 10.2.1.3247?

June 16, one minute before this one.

Posted via CB10
    JamieWilson01 likes this.
    07-15-14 04:16 PM
    All right. Are these new BAR-files official or leaked?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 04:21 PM
    June 16, one minute before this one.

Posted via CB10
    Any idea why this has been released?
    Why would Verizon require their own release?

07-15-14 04:21 PM
    What's debrick and core os??

Finally changed my CB Signature :')
    07-15-14 04:23 PM
    What's debrick and core os??

Finally changed my CB Signature :')
    Debrick - OS + apps
    Core - OS, no apps

Loading the apps in a Debrick OS would wipe out user data, but Sachesi skips loading the apps, so to Sachesi they're identical. Just that one is much smaller, and you'd need to get the app bars either way.

Any idea why this has been released?
    Why would Verizon require their own release?

That's a question we've been asking for a while now.

All right. Are these new BAR-files official or leaked?

Posted via CB10
    Official.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by thurask; 07-15-14 at 04:47 PM.
    JJCordero, Mozdony and 00_Agent like this.
    07-15-14 04:26 PM
    So I loaded the new radio and am waiting for the debrick to download before I load it. Strangest phenomenon with tmobile wifi calling right now. It says error. But I am continuing to receive texts. I'm overseas with no cell tower signal so its not that...

Well we shall see if the whole package fixes it.
    07-15-14 04:41 PM
    how about ota?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 04:42 PM
    Debrick - OS + apps
    Core - OS, no apps

Loading the apps in a Debrick OS would wipe out user data, so to Sachesi they're identical. Just that one is much smaller.

That's a question we've been asking for a while now.

Official.

Posted via CB10
    Does this mean that if I load the debrick through sachesi I lose data? Urrgghhh. What kind? Like my remember notes? Does the same phenomenon occur if I load the individual bar files?

EDIT: I thought I would know this stuff by now given how much time i spend on these forums *sigh*
    07-15-14 04:44 PM
    Does anyone have the country codes for a Q10 for this build to use with Sachesi? I want to do a non-destruct update this time. thanks!
    07-15-14 04:44 PM
    Does this mean that if I load the debrick through sachesi I lose data? Urrgghhh. What kind? Like my remember notes? Does the same phenomenon occur if I load the individual bar files?

EDIT: I thought I would know this stuff by now given how much time i spend on these forums *sigh*
    Of course I forgot a line...

Loading the apps in a debrick OS would wipe out user data, but Sachesi skips loading the apps, so to Sachesi they're identical.

You'd need to load the core/debrick, radio and updated apps with Sachesi to approximate an OTA upgrade.
    07-15-14 04:46 PM
    Does anyone have the country codes for a Q10 for this build to use with Sachesi? I want to do a non-destruct update this time. thanks!
    I used the Z10 codes on the first page (from theonecid) to download all the bars and loaded non-disruptively via Sachesi.

For my wife's Q10, I just grabbed the core OS file from the Z10 download, added the Q10 radio from the OP link, and loaded non-disruptively via Sachesi.

As Thurask says, you can probably skip downloading all the bars and just grab the OS/radio files.
    07-15-14 04:49 PM
    So when you load a derrick things like the android runtime are updated but things like BBM are not? Am I understanding correctly?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 04:54 PM
    Installing now; battery performance with this build is life-changing, in case you were wondering...
    07-15-14 04:55 PM
    Okay

BlackBerry z30
    Of course I forgot a line...

Loading the apps in a debrick OS would wipe out user data, but Sachesi skips loading the apps, so to Sachesi they're identical.

You'd need to load the core/debrick, radio and updated apps with Sachesi to approximate an OTA upgrade.
    Sorry, but I, too, am confused, and I have been doing this for some time.

I DL'ed SWR 2976 via Sachesi, replaced the Verizon radio in the directory with the radio bar for 100-2-3 from page one of this thread, and now have everything in the same directory. The directory includes all the apps (which appear to be mostly the same as in 3247, by the way). Now, if I use Sachesi to load this whole directory, is that the same as using Sachesi just to load the core OS bar and the radio bar? It wouldn't seem to be--it would be missing the new apps, whatever they are. I've never lost any data whether I've loaded just the core bar or the core bar plus the radio plus the app bars, using Sachesi.
    I used the Z10 codes on the first page (from theonecid) to download all the bars and loaded non-disruptively via Sachesi.

For my wife's Q10, I just grabbed the core OS file from the Z10 download, added the Q10 radio from the OP link, and loaded non-disruptively via Sachesi.

As Thurask says, you can probably skip downloading all the bars and just grab the OS/radio files.
    Thanks Foppa! I was hoping to get the whole OS with radio via country/carrier codes so that I could download the whole OS in tact. Sometimes when loading partial bars, etc, it can hang up and cause issues. For a long time if I were to do an update using Sachesi (my preference) and not a leak via autoloader, I would always use the carrier codes to pull the whole OS with apps, etc and load them into Sachesi. Less chance of issues. Thank you for your quick reply!
    So when you load a derrick things like the android runtime are updated but things like BBM are not? Am I understanding correctly?

Posted via CB10
    If you load a debrick with Sachesi the core OS (drivers, services, libraries) are updated but not the apps (BBM, Android player, media players, etc.). If you load it with Link/something like that, it updates everything, but only through overwriting everything that's on the device.
    07-15-14 04:57 PM
    Sorry, but I, too, am confused, and I have been doing this for some time.

I DL'ed SWR 2976 via Sachesi, replaced the Verizon radio in the directory with the radio bar for 100-2-3 from page one of this thread, and now have everything in the same directory. The directory includes all the apps (which appear to be mostly the same as in 3247, by the way). Now, if I use Sachesi to load this whole directory, is that the same as using Sachesi just to load the core OS bar and the radio bar? It wouldn't seem to be--it would be missing the new apps, whatever they are. I've never lost any data whether I've loaded just the core bar or the core bar plus the radio plus the app bars, using Sachesi.
    The QNX filesystem is, like most Unix-like filesystems, split into several partitions. User data (apps plus whatever you can see in File Manager) is one partition, the OS is another. A core OS is just a system image of the OS, while a debrick OS is the core OS plus an image of the user file system. Loading individual apps loads them over the installed app without resetting the user data partition.
    07-15-14 04:59 PM
    Mega F***load keeps dying on me at 99%. I can't download the OS.
    07-15-14 05:04 PM
    Sweet..hope this radio is better than 3140 which sucks.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 05:06 PM
    The QNX filesystem is, like most Unix-like filesystems, split into several partitions. User data (apps plus whatever you can see in File Manager) is one partition, the OS is another. A core OS is just a system image of the OS, while a debrick OS is the core OS plus an image of the user file system. Loading individual apps loads them over the installed app without resetting the user data partition.
    OK, thanks, although the terminology is still a bit confusing to me. I do understand that no matter what I load via Sachesi, ever, my data won't be destroyed. That's why I don't use autoloaders any longer. But bottom line is, to upgrade from 3247 to 3253, should I load just the core OS bar and device-appropriate radio bar (via Sachesi), or should I load the core OS bar, the radio bar, /and/ all the apps in the directory from the Sachesi Verizon DL, via Sachesi, of course? I think that's what people are confused about, or maybe it's just me.
    07-15-14 05:11 PM
    Yes you can
    07-15-14 05:12 PM
555 ... 34567 ...