Hey guys,
    I'm trying out the latest leak and trying to pair my Z10 to my Fitbit flex. I'm was hoping to be able to use the wristband normally, like Android and iPhone users. Seeing how word was that the new Android runtime would allow for BT functions to work, I figured that this should. So I tried pairing the device through the normal connections - no dice. I then tried downloading an Android Bluetooth function app and pair to it that way - no dice. Checked the app itself for a device pairing option - no dice. So I'm figuring that either a) the BT part of the runtime isn't updated yet or b) we won't be able to pair regardless unless the device is coded to pair with BB devices.... Thoughts out there?

Thanks!
    11-19-13 06:33 PM
    I have "torque" working with a BT obd device. Works great actually. Z30-1055

Posted via CB10
    ami.one likes this.
    11-19-13 06:37 PM
    how did you pair to the OBDII reader?
    11-19-13 06:41 PM
    Hey guys,
    I'm trying out the latest leak and trying to pair my Z10 to my Fitbit flex. I'm was hoping to be able to use the wristband normally, like Android and iPhone users. Seeing how word was that the new Android runtime would allow for BT functions to work, I figured that this should. So I tried pairing the device through the normal connections - no dice. I then tried downloading an Android Bluetooth function app and pair to it that way - no dice. Checked the app itself for a device pairing option - no dice. So I'm figuring that either a) the BT part of the runtime isn't updated yet or b) we won't be able to pair regardless unless the device is coded to pair with BB devices.... Thoughts out there?

Thanks!
    I believe the FitBit Flex is using Bluetooth 4 LE (which BB10 does support natively) , the Android runtime in 10.2.1.1055 does not, (only regular BT). Support for BT4LE will come in future updates.
    ami.one likes this.
    11-19-13 08:42 PM
    I believe the FitBit Flex is using Bluetooth 4 LE (which BB10 does support natively) , the Android runtime in 10.2.1.1055 does not, (only regular BT). Support for BT4LE will come in future updates.
    Pardon my potential ignorance and please don't take this as a dig. But if BB10 native have BT4LE and the FitBit dongle is BT4LE shouldn't it connect but I just not have a native app to use?
    11-19-13 09:27 PM
    Plenty of folks are having BT issues in general btw. (i.e. Phone to car issues, native app issues, speaker / audio issues, etc) so keep that in mind. An official OS might fix your issue when it comes around.

Posted Via CB10 on my BB10. (Curve 8530 > Curve 9330 > Z10 STL3 on TMO + Playbook)
    Last edited by ConRed; 11-20-13 at 05:34 AM.
    11-19-13 09:32 PM
    Pardon my potential ignorance and please don't take this as a dig. But if BB10 native have BT4LE and the FitBit dongle is BT4LE shouldn't it connect but I just not have a native app to use?
    On Android, BLE or BT4 is only available from on 4.3 and 4.4

Even then, on Nexus 7, which has BLE hardware, you need to run couple of patches to enable it properly on 4.3 or 4.4.

It does work out of the box in Nexus 5 with Android 4.4

So probably because our runtime is 4.2 it can not support BLE out of the box.
    11-20-13 04:27 AM
    Not that easy.
    BB10 is all about standards and supporting industry standards in all functions, but many devices does not. I have not seen the protocol FitBit uses, but it would not surprise me if they use their own protocol and feature set. The organization behind BTLE should have a website listing certified products- do a search for it.

The only one who can tell, is FitBit themselves
    11-20-13 07:35 AM
    I paired it using the BB10 bluetooth interface... it showed "not connected" at first, with no services to select. I couldnt get it to connect. I used the BB10 torque pro app, but it would still not connect. I loaded the apk for torque free, and bam it connected. I closed that, and now torque pro works every time. I wish I had a more technical explanation.... It works well.

how did you pair to the OBDII reader?
    dancadman likes this.
    11-20-13 09:48 AM
    I paired it using the BB10 bluetooth interface... it showed "not connected" at first, with no services to select. I couldnt get it to connect. I used the BB10 torque pro app, but it would still not connect. I loaded the apk for torque free, and bam it connected. I closed that, and now torque pro works every time. I wish I had a more technical explanation.... It works well.
    Cool - thanx for sharing
    11-20-13 10:20 AM