Installed the new leak last night and everything was running great. Left the house this morning with 100% charge and returned 7 hours later with at least 80%.

Sat the holstered phone on the counter and picked it up an hour or so later to find it very hot and battery almost drained. Only difference was that it had switched over to Wifi.

On charger right now, so will check later to see if it gets better....but was curious if any one else has noticed a sudden drain on idle.

Wonder if phone might still be settling and doing more with wifi than when on LTE. Any thoughts?
    08-04-13 05:25 PM
    What apps do you have installed? Any android apps that use location/gps functions?
    08-04-13 06:30 PM
    No side-loaded apps.

Have installed a few AppWorld BB10 apps that might use Location Services. Same Apps that I had under 10.1.

Location Services is ON...and noticed that I had traffic data on which I turned off.

After plugging into the charger, I decided to reboot and now the phone is nice and cool and recharging...even with WIFI on. What I don't understand is why it was fine all day on LTE...but then went into "overdrive" when I got home and picked up my WIFI.

Thanks!
    08-04-13 06:37 PM
    Battery drain is normal for the first 48 hours of any version.

Also it's a BETA.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 07:15 PM
    Found the same to be true on my STL100-3. I switched on the wifi while sitting in front of my home on Saturday to do some looking on the net with the Blackberry browser app. The wifi signal was massively strong but used up battery power at an incredible rate. I discontinued use when the power dropped by about 50 percent in about 10 minutes (battery showed it was then below 30 percent). I shut down the wifi, took the phone in the house and reinstalled 10.1.0.4687. I reported this problem on the 10.2.0.1047 thread.
    08-04-13 07:34 PM
    This was definitely not normal drain, at least that I experienced. I have tested many earlier builds and never saw such a large drain that was definitely related to wifi use. Without wifi use the phone was doing great on battery drain.
    08-04-13 07:40 PM
    This was definitely not normal drain, at least that I experienced. I have tested many earlier builds and never saw such a large drain that was definitely related to wifi use. Without wifi use the phone was doing great on battery drain.
    Well...have phone off charger now, WIFI back on...and things are stable. Phone nice and cool. Will keep an eye on it, but might be a 10.02 issue. If it happens again, it will be interesting to see if toggling WIFI would stop it.

Outside of this glitch, 10.02 is really stable for me and am really glad I installed it. But...it has been only 24 hours!
    08-04-13 07:47 PM
    Battery drain is normal for the first 48 hours of any version.

Also it's a BETA.

It's a BETA???? Really??? Thought it was the official...final...go no further RELEASE!
    Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 07:48 PM
    No issue for me on my wifi. I was on wifi all weekend on both 810 and 1047 leaks and 1047 battery is much improved from 810 AND all previous OS's I've had.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 07:51 PM
    Interesting... Had expected higher than normal battery drain on Saturday after the install late Friday night.
    Took the Z off the battery at 9:00am today, average/not too heavy use. Now at 6:00pm and battery is at 75%. Seems great so far.
    08-04-13 08:01 PM
    That is really interesting! I would add that my location services were off and I had no side-loaded apps. Additionally, I did not load the Ebay app which some claimed caused a power loss. Since I am an AT&T customer, the phone was operating on our local LTE service. Thinking that might be part of the problem, I switched off the phone service to see if that resolved the battery drain while I was surfing. It did not. I was like the wifi was in overdrive.

After reinstalling 10.1.0.4687 this a.m., the issue disappeared and the phone and wifi are running without problem.
    08-04-13 08:03 PM
    I get the drain sometimes.

All I do to fix it is do a hard reset and it fixed the drain.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:13 PM
    I get the drain sometimes.

All I do to fix it is do a hard reset and it fixed the drain.

Posted via CB10
    I also reset and now everything is stable. Still wondering if the automatic switchover to wifi when I came into the house was a contributing factor to kicking the phone into overdrive. Will have to keep monitoring it to see.
    08-04-13 08:19 PM
    Witt the new leak my battery lasted 12 hours before I needed to recharge. I've never had it to last that long. Normally I have to recharge in two hours.
    08-04-13 08:22 PM
    Thanks for that input. I was aware of that possible solution. I do not recall if I tried that, however, since I brought my phone in, switched it off, let it recharge over night and then reinstalled 10.1.0.4687 the next a.m. Maybe I gave up too soon. However, the battery drain issue for me was the second and final strike after I found that turning the phone completely off erased Contact data that had just been added, by hand, specifically contact pin numbers and notes. That really annoyed me so I decided to go to a lower OS until a better 10.2 build is offered. 10.1.0.4687 suffers from neither one of these faults and is running smoothly on both my Z10 and my wife's.
    08-04-13 08:29 PM
    Till now battery life is awesone... it drained in 5 hours.... now 5 houes of medium use and battery level is at 75%... outstanding

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:36 PM
    Just my observation to share

1) After upgrading to 10.2.0.1047 using the autoloading method, and using the new App Manager to fire up a "Device Monitor" screen, I noticed that the "System" has been constantly taking >50% of the CPU cycle since the completion of the upgrade even though there were no further synchronization of contacts, email, calendar or any other activities.

2) The phone remained warm from 6pm (completion of the upgrade) and had to be plugged in to a charger until next morning around 10am when I decided to do a battery "removal and reinsertion" for a proper reset after reading the comments in the forum here..

3) Soon after boot-up, using the same "Device Monitor" again, CPU consumption for "System" had drastically reduced to ranges between 1-5% which seems normal. Here's a snap on the past CPU utilization consumed by "System" prior to the power reset.

10.2.0.1047 battery drain issue...-img_00000003.jpg
    10.2.0.1047 battery drain issue...-img_00000004.jpg
    08-04-13 09:36 PM
    Same problem here, 810 was awsome as a matter of fact all version beside .1047 were really good when it comes to battery. Right now I lose 23% per hour and I am not even using it. Nothing special installed no side load apps. Before i had even more apps then now. CPU is always around 50%. Everything works great though so would hate to downgrade.
    08-05-13 04:05 PM
    100% at 3:30PM and at 8:10PM 0%... and really hot all the time. For all this time I did not even do anything , no calls no messaging,,,
    08-05-13 08:02 PM
    Just as an update...today has been very stable...started out 100% at around 7:30 am and I'm at about 35% right now with moderate usage.The majority of the time on LTE and Bluetooth in the car.

The phone did not kick into overdrive as it did yesterday and has been running "cool" all day....except the normal warmup when on a long cell call.

Only thing I did different was to turn off "Traffic Data" from the Location Services. Not sure that it really had anything to do with it...but mention it only as something that I changed. Autoswitching from LTE to WIFI did not cause any issue today...as it appeared to yesterday.

This is pretty much the same battery life I had with 10.1 and really can't complain about it.
    08-05-13 08:51 PM
    All these devices getting warm were a huge problem with .483 including my device. The solution wasn't wait for this release, and now my device isn't so hot.

The fix for me is to use a restore of 10.1 that isn't so chunky (not 5GB rather only 2GB). This means moving all your media manually to your comp/memory card, and deleting it off your device before backing up. Also, remove your media card when doing so.

douevenCB10?
    08-05-13 08:56 PM
    I found a far greater battery life on the 10.2. It takes time to settle into the build but I generally get +hours now with it.
    08-05-13 09:03 PM
    This is the first build that I had problem like this. I have never had any issue with battery life like many ppl with different os versions until now. I am running it on stl100-3... not sure if that has anything to do with it though as it seems to be hit and miss.
    08-05-13 09:08 PM
    OK, so woke up this morning and in all seems to be good now... Go figure. It seems that all the people that stated to wait day or two and it would be all good were right. System CPU has gone down to down to 10% ( from 50%). Running cold again and in two hours lost just 4%. I am happy again!!
    08-06-13 07:23 AM
    i havent upgraded to 10.2 (im running 10.1.0.4160) yet but i got that weird battery drain too last week too. my z10 was in my magnetic belt clip holster and i pulled it out to use it and it was boiling hot with about 5% battery (and i had about 60% 2 hours earlier). i did a battery pull and recharged it when i got home and its been fine every since
    08-06-13 07:37 AM
87 123 ...