Just did the official update and all my media files disappeared. There are still there when I look in the file manager but can't see them in music and pictures app...
    Any suggestions ?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:14 AM
    OK it's just came back without any action... I did battery pull and it didn't change anything. Maybe it needs some standby time to scan media

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:17 AM
    Same with contacts, let it be or restart it one more time.
    Just needs to scan.
    05-14-13 11:34 AM
    after update always restart phone and yes it must scan en also prepare hub etc.
    05-14-13 11:47 AM
    OK it's just came back without any action... I did battery pull and it didn't change anything. Maybe it needs some standby time to scan media

Posted via CB10
    Keep doing those battery pulls, and you may actually lose that data permanently.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.1762)
    05-14-13 11:49 AM
    I didn't have any issues with the update, but yes other posters are correct just give it time to scan or restart it

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 12:00 PM
    @venious
    Could you elaborate? Battery pull are dangerous on BB10? I can affect flash memory ?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 12:33 PM
    @venious
    Could you elaborate? Battery pull are dangerous on BB10? I can affect flash memory ?

Posted via CB10
    My Windows laptop uses SSD (NAND based flash), but I can tell you that I don't ever yank the battery out from underneath it. I haven't seen any official statements from BlackBerry yet. It is possible that they've implemented some type of protection that helps protect the filesystem, but I doubt it. The short answer is that anything which interrupts a write has the potential of corrupting the filesystem on flash or at minimum losing any data that was about to be written to flash. When you pull the battery, there is a good chance that you will interrupt a write.

More info from third parties:

What kills your Flash Drive and how you can avoid it

Also, you should make sure to always remove flash media safely and never unplug the drive while it is reading or writing. Removing your flash drive incorrectly can corrupt the data. Flash data recovery may be your only option if you do not follow this important step.

http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/users/swanson...11PowerCut.pdf

The flash memory devices we studied in this work demonstrated unexpected behavior when power failure occurs. The error rates do not always decrease as the operation proceeds, and power failure can corrupt the data from operations that completed successfully.We also found that relying on blocks that have been programmed or erased during a power failure is unreliable, even if the data appears to be intact.
    05-14-13 02:37 PM
    Woow interesting...
    However I would expect that BlackBerry found a way to prevent this. And knowing how they are concerned about warnings and other customer agreement I think if they don't mention anything we should be on the safe side. But I will switch my phone off before doing any battery pull from now

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 02:45 PM
    Woow interesting...
    However I would expect that BlackBerry found a way to prevent this. And knowing how they are concerned about warnings and other customer agreement I think if they don't mention anything we should be on the safe side. But I will switch my phone off before doing any battery pull from now

Posted via CB10
    It should get interesting when the old-school BlackBerry users acquire a Q5 that has a fully integrated/non removable battery. ;-)

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.1762)
    05-14-13 03:02 PM