First of all, sorry if I am asking a question that has already been covered but I am new here and the forums have so many threads I'm sure I could spend weeks looking for an answer.
    I recently updated to 10.1.0.273. Until the upgrade I would get an indication of wi-fi signal strength in the top right corner of the main screen on my Z10.
    Now when I connect to wi-fi it just continues to show my connection as 4G which is my data plan. Going into settings shows me as connected to wi-fi but why 4G on the main screen? Am I using my data plan as provided by my service provider or am I using my own wi-fi connection?
    Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a fix available?
    Again apologies if this has already been covered.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 04:31 AM
    A couple of quick thoughts:
    I am running the leak 10.1.0.2354 on a 100-3 Z10 and the upper right hand corner of my screen does show the wi-fi "fan" with the strength indicated:
    10.1 OS causing problem with wi-fi.-img_00000007.jpg
    1. turn your data off and see if you can use your browser. That should tell you whether you have wi-fi (and the wi-fi is connected to the internet).
    2. If you cannot use your browser, you may not be connected to the internet, even if you are connected to wi-fi. The way to check is to go to Settings/Network connections select your wi-fi connection and select advanced on the bottom right of the screen. In the box under diagnostic information select Internet connection, that will show you whether you are connected to the internet.
    06-01-13 07:52 AM
    Thanks I'll go try that now! Will let you no the outcome

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 12:10 PM
    Ok so it seems that I am connected to the Internet through the wi-fi even though the fan wasn't being shown.

I have now noticed that then fan does appear but not until I have used the Web browser for a few minutes.

Before the update the fan would appear immediately upon connection so I'm sure you can understand my concerns.

Anyway thanks for the advice. I've learned a few things from it.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 05:11 PM