One of the really cool things in 10.1 is being able to access your computer over wifi; this is great, because I can copy files back and forth, play videos, etc.

I noticed, however, that sometimes I can access my computer when on 3G. Usually it works, but if I go back in again, it shows my computer as offline. If it was reliable (not much hope of that given how flakey BB Link is!), it would be fantastic to have your own phone-accessible private cloud (so to speak).

Has anyone played with this at all?
    05-22-13 06:16 AM
    Works pretty smoothly for me...if my old lady doesn't shut off my laptop at home.

I have, however, only used it for documents.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 06:25 AM
    Works fine for me as well. Over cellular network.

Curve 9300 > PlayBook +> 9900 +> Z10
    05-22-13 07:34 AM
    I wonder if Link is just dodgy. It crashes on me quite often.
    05-22-13 07:48 AM
    I use it to stream movies to my self. I think the problem lies with link. Try reinstalling that cleared up my issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 07:59 AM
    Wifi sync and remote file access has not worked for me since the beginning... link is useless... won't let me back up my phone... only backs up when it is in the mood to do so... i don't want a moody program... and that too which lacks options and the ones it has are broken and/or crippled.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 04:10 PM
    Following a suggestion I saw somewhere, I created an exception in the Windows Firewall for BlackBerry Link, and it seems much more reliable now.
    05-23-13 03:09 AM
    Believe me I've tried... install, uninstall, run cclean, remove drivers from device manager, reboot pc, install link, reboot pc, run link, configure link, connect Z10 to pc, but still wifi sync fails, remote access nil, reboot Z10 but no difference, in windows firewall I have link and other BlackBerry things in exception. but even if I turn it off and turn Kaspresky Internet security off the situation is the same. Tried with mobile network off, with wifi off, with the device connected to the pc. I do see he two memory of the device as network drives and can access them. Back up is moody... so is it my Win XP SP3, is it my Z10 or is it me... i don't know. I don't have any other issues other than wifi sync and remote access...

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:45 PM