Okay so most of us are already aware that update of link and os 10.1 gives us remote file access to your PC file system via the phone.

And on that topic, BB Live is coming up this month and if you read articles in CB you probably saw the interview Heins gave in which he says "Soon your phones will be the only thing you need for mobile computing" or something like that. And some exciting announcement on those dates.

Remote file access isn't new, there are several 3rd party apps and apps that control your PC etc. I won't go into details anymore. But if you observe the timeline of the updates and what Heins states I think it's safe to assume where BB10 is heading. Right now you can access files and basically work on your computer from your phone on-the-go making your phone a mobile office, and that's just the beginning!

I believe BB10 will eventually move on to allow phone to control apps on any computing device remotely or non-remotely - be it on a car, house system, security systems etc. Etc. The list goes on.

I think this is where BlackBerry is headed in it's "MOBILE COMPUTING" plans. Everywhere you go you are connected and able to do all the things you need without the need to be stuck on a desk day in and day out.

Am I the only one thinking this?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 11:02 AM
    Probably also the other way round: your phone is your computer, storage and communications medium. It provides computing power, space for your files, links to the internet and mobile networks.

When you need to, you can connect wired or wireless peripheral devices that suite the location, such as a screen/mouse/keyboard at your desk, or an in-dash screen and steering-wheel controls in your car, or a larger touchscreen to turn it into a tablet.
    04-30-13 08:20 PM
    ^ I agree. This is what we will be seeing in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 09:19 PM
    QNX. The Internet of things.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 11:15 PM
    Everything interconnected. This possibility is extremely high given the robust nature of blackberry 10 os.

BlackBerry will be in the forefront of this frontier

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:11 AM