I'm doing some contract work for a company that is handing out work iPhones so that employees can check their email remotely when not at a computer. (As well as make work-related calls.)

Intuitively, I know that there's a way to set up my Passport so that I don't have to carry around a 2nd phone, but I don't know what to show the IT person.

I know that BES12 offers a solution, but assuming that for now, I'm just looking for a solution for myself,w hat would it be? I was reading about BlackBerry Blend being able to access both work and home content. Is the "work" setting considered secure in the sense that it would meet government privacy requirements?

Please post links if there are some good, easy to follow, explanations. Thanks!
    12-11-14 09:21 AM
    Tim -

I think it depends on what they support. If they use ActiveSync then you can setup the Passport fine, you may still need settings from them.

If they are using some type of Mobile Device Management system or MDM, then it needs to support BlackBerry 10.

BlackBerry Blend is just software that allows your device to connect to a computer and display email, text messages and BBM's on the computer. You can then send and receive messages on the computer, but it's actually processing it through the BlackBerry.

For a BlackBerry 10 device to have the "work" mode it has to be configured through BES 10/12 system that is connected to their email system.

I think you can ask them if they support your Passport and if not you are probably out of luck.

-Freeze
    12-11-14 11:48 AM
    Thanks for the help!

Tim -

I think it depends on what they support. If they use ActiveSync then you can setup the Passport fine, you may still need settings from them.

If they are using some type of Mobile Device Management system or MDM, then it needs to support BlackBerry 10.

BlackBerry Blend is just software that allows your device to connect to a computer and display email, text messages and BBM's on the computer. You can then send and receive messages on the computer, but it's actually processing it through the BlackBerry.

For a BlackBerry 10 device to have the "work" mode it has to be configured through BES 10/12 system that is connected to their email system.

I think you can ask them if they support your Passport and if not you are probably out of luck.

-Freeze
    12-11-14 12:33 PM
    Thanks for the help!
    Not a problem. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    12-11-14 12:41 PM
    TeamViewer?

Q10 PLAY POLAND (EU)
    12-11-14 01:30 PM
    12-11-14 01:38 PM
    This thread title made me think of the current Ford commercials currently running here in Canada. Specifically the line where the customer tells the non ford sales rep "I really need a truck that can carry 3000 pounds" to which the salesman replies, "Have you considered TWO trucks?"
    filanto and BB_Junky like this.
    12-13-14 01:11 PM