It's getting frustrating. First it was modern combat 4, at least it had local Wifi multiplayer. But it never worked. A bunch of other games and now Angry Birds go. Really!
    Someone pls tell me it's really hard to set up a Wi Fi to Wi Fi local multiplayer feature in games like these.
    Disappointed big time!

From Zuri my Z10.
    12-11-13 10:38 AM
    It's getting frustrating. First it was modern combat 4, at least it had local Wifi multiplayer. But it never worked. A bunch of other games and now Angry Birds go. Really!
    Someone pls tell me it's really hard to set up a Wi Fi to Wi Fi local multiplayer feature in games like these.
    Disappointed big time!

From Zuri my Z10.
    well, it should be simple for wifi...
    but anyhow, it's huge data consumption for such games..
    12-11-13 10:44 AM
    Disappointed big time!

From Zuri my Z10.
    A common platform to support the complex inter-gamer connectivity is super important to adoption of Multi-gamer support. After 20 years of mobile gaming there isn't a single Service Delivery Platform which works for all users.

The next issue is the handsets themselves: Your BlackBerry10 device is a really powerful computer that just looks like a phone. It's a "true multi-tasking" device. IOS users can't do that until the very latest version of IOS7 (and even then it's crippled). Each Operating System implementation requires a different approach.

Finally: The actual communications themselves are complex and require a lot of traffic. It can't be just Phone to Phone: There needs to be a server in the middle somewhere to record scores, game status, and a myriad of other information that goes beyond where YOU are on YOUR game. This is why it doesn't work well over cellular networks: There is simply too much lag and other issues.

That's why it's really only going to work over WiFi - if at all. If you had two Z10's on WiFi it should work very nicely (provided you have a clear connection back to the Gaming Server and there is no firewall involved. Do a PING test to the remote server if you can get the name of it. If the time to reply is more than 20ms you're going to have a crappy game experience)
    12-11-13 10:45 AM
    Many games rely on Google services for mp as well.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 10:48 AM
    Angry birds go doesn't have multiplayer on any platform till spring

Posted via My Awesome Z30 running 10.2.1.1055
    12-11-13 11:02 AM
    Exactly what I'm saying. Local wireless connectivity from a z10 to another Z10 shouldn't be that hard. I and my friends play call of duty and need for speed via Ad hoc Wifi to Wifi connection with our laptops. All of a sudden the latest versions of those games don't support it anymore. Only online multiplayer. Why? Is there something they gain from the online play?

From Zuri my Z10.
    12-11-13 12:10 PM