I tried posting this in the PlayBook forums, with extremely disappointing results. And then it occurred to me that people who hate their PlayBooks may no longer be reading those forums, and may have upgraded to OS10. So I apologize if anyone feels this thread is in the wrong place.

Do you hate your PlayBook?

Send them to me.

I've mentioned before that I run a youth center for disadvantaged teens and teens from low income families. Most of them don't have the means for a new mobile phone.

I currently have three PlayBooks, and they go positively gaga over them. Besides playing games, surfing the net and Facebooking, we run programs with them for photography, filming, and digital music creation. This summer we're heading out in our community, PlayBooks in hand, to showcase the youth, our local businesses, and to spread a little BlackBerry cheer, through photo and video montages!

I'm in Quebec, Canada. Poverty is a reality here, and I work with an average of 30 teens who would gladly put your PlayBooks to better use than as dust collectors or gripe inspirers.

You could also bundle in your Legacy devices and BB10 devices. Contact me privately, as a non-profit organization I also provide tax receipts!

If you want a tax receipt, it'll be sent upon reception of your donation and dependent on the kind of PlayBook it is. 16GB - 200$. 32GB - 225$. 64GB - 250$. LTE - 275$

These values are based on the upper end prices we're currently seeing on Amazon.com

Our charity number is:134194893 RR0001. This can be matched to our listing on Canada Revenue's website, using that number or our organisation name: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/haip/s...rch-eng.action

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 03:20 PM
    You are doing a very nice thing, helping kids.
    KidCaboose likes this.
    07-10-13 03:49 PM
    Outstanding!
    KidCaboose likes this.
    07-10-13 04:34 PM
    Have you actually received any? I'm in poverty too jk!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 06:34 AM
    You should talk to blackberry about this. They might send you a few.

Posted via CB10
    KidCaboose likes this.
    07-14-13 12:31 PM
    Have you actually received any? I'm in poverty too jk!

Posted via CB10
    None yet, unfortunately.

You should talk to blackberry about this. They might send you a few.

Posted via CB10
    I'd contacted BlackBerry last summer for support for this program, and received a response that unfortunately BlackBerry only supports IT and programming projects. Considering that BlackBerry is still clawing its way up, I find this understandable. For me, the program I'm running coming from the youth and the BlackBerry community means more than a company facilitated endeavour anyway. It feels more honest and from the heart.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 07:05 PM
    Here's our first video montage! All photos, videos and music taken and created using the PlayBook's camera and Caustic. Compiled on Story Maker on the Z10.

TheScionicMan and Bobert_123 like this.
    07-15-13 04:25 PM
    That sounds great, if only I didn't love my PlayBook!!

Posted via CB10
    KidCaboose likes this.
    07-15-13 06:31 PM