What is the difference between the ES2 and ES3 builds? Edit: it's the OpenGL version.

Glad there's an updated fork

Early impressions:

- Really like that additional cores can be downloaded directly from the app, and that it exposes the config file and allows for on-the-fly customization while paused. Very nice. Edit: custom input mappings modified within the app seem to be reset occasionally on re-launch though, not sure what happened there.

- Would be nice to have single-touch menus rather than double-tap when pressing menu items.

- A way to map diagonal D-pad (eg: up+left) to a single physical button would be good since it's hard to perform diagonals with the Passport keyboard otherwise. Even better would be if the touchpad of the Passport's keyboard could be used instead, so one side could be for pressing down the regular button keys while the other side simultaneously reads analog mappings from movement of the thumb over the surface. Not sure if that would be possible but one can dream

- A custom app URI implementation would be a useful addition, to be able to launch directly to a specific game from a homescreen shortcut.
    Last edited by Emmerich; 07-27-17 at 10:24 PM.
    07-27-17 07:11 PM
    Is anyone playing N64 roms?
    What core should I use?
    08-08-17 08:55 AM
    Download core option seems to be toast.

Can't grab a list of the cores available. Other updates and content are accessible, but no cores.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 10:33 PM
    I just downloaded the latest release and I have one problem, when I try to use the core updater it says "Task failed: downloading 'index-extended'

Can someone please help me,i can't get around it because I cannot get into my install directory,thank you

Posted via CB10
    02-06-18 04:02 PM
    Can not update core.ㅠ_ㅠ
    I want to know how to download cores.
    snx likes this.
    02-24-18 06:57 AM
    i wonder if theres an option to combine key for example: left D-pad+down D_pad (for combo such as storming flower by xiao yu in tekken) ? i thought maybe my combination key for that example would be

left D-pad+down D_pad= map/assign to "alt" key ( my left dpad is A and
    My down dpad is Z)
    so i dont have to strugle pressing two keys at the same time

anyway, this retroarch for bb10 is a dream come true. thanks dev!
    Last edited by kuwenmenang; 06-09-18 at 10:17 PM.
    06-09-18 09:47 PM
    the cores cannot be downloaded now. anyone has backup them?
    07-25-18 08:11 PM
    Can no longer download the cores

Posted via CB10
    11-03-18 10:57 AM
    Can no longer download the cores

Posted via CB10
    I got the Core updater to work by using the Windows directory, but after the download and extraction, it doesn't show up in the available Cores.
    Does anyone know where the Cores directory is located on OS 10 so I can manually upload the Cores to it?

To get Updater to work, you have to modify the retroarch.cfg file and in the first line change the URL.

core_updater_buildbot_url = "http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/latest/"

With the available Cores, Retroarch is working fine, but I am trying to add N64, another GBA core, and MAME to play classic arcade games.

Thanks in advance.
    jerry chae likes this.
    11-23-18 11:28 AM
    I got the Core updater to work by using the Windows directory, but after the download and extraction, it doesn't show up in the available Cores.
    Does anyone know where the Cores directory is located on OS 10 so I can manually upload the Cores to it?

To get Updater to work, you have to modify the retroarch.cfg file and in the first line change the URL.

core_updater_buildbot_url = "http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/latest/"

With the available Cores, Retroarch is working fine, but I am trying to add N64, another GBA core, and MAME to play classic arcade games.

Thanks in advance.
    12-09-18 08:18 AM
    I downloaded the fba core but it does not apply to the list.
    How do I see it on the list?
    12-09-18 08:20 AM
    Im new to this RetroArch, but your solution is for the error "No data entry" when you choosing Core Updater right???
    07-01-19 02:40 AM
    Is there ant one who has a file and able to send it to me? I'm living in China and Our XXXXing Supreme leader don't let me access to mega.nz
    08-09-19 07:33 AM
    Is there ant one who has a file and able to send it to me? I'm living in China and Our XXXXing Supreme leader don't let me access to mega.nz
    You'd need to use a VPN service to get around the Great Firewall.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-19 11:28 AM
    I dont have any core after install retroarch. Cant update core too. Any help with this?
    11-11-19 01:46 AM
    I actually got android cores to show up on "load cores" but when I try to load them it fails...
    So to show up downloaded cores just add this "http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/android/latest/armeabi-v7a/" to core_updater_buildbot_url...
    If anyone got downloaded cores to work plz let us know...

Posted via CB10
    12-17-19 12:31 PM
    Has anyone found a fix for downloading cores for Retroarch?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-20 04:40 AM
    Hello last android version works but no native;(

Posted via CB10
    03-30-20 02:51 PM
    Hi everyone. I installed RetroArch on Q10 for the first time, version RetroArch-1_3_6_3-ES3. The emulator is beautiful, works very smoothly and is perfectly compatible with the device. I tried with some ROMs of GB Classic and GC Advance, the emulation is excellent. I can't run the ROMs for SNES (.sfc), they are not really detected in the folder. The folder is empty. Do you also have this problem?
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-10-20 03:16 AM
    I recently got this working on my Passport SE, but find the device gets hot, is this common?
    06-27-20 07:20 AM
    How do you download cores (or simply - Online Updater) on Retroarch 1.3.6 ?
    I am encountering "task failed" every time I try.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-20 10:46 AM
    I recently got this working on my Passport SE, but find the device gets hot, is this common?
    I installed today via this brilliant writeup by OP. Unfortunately my Passport SE gets a bit too hot for my liking. Might be good for the occasional bus or flight layover but long term gaming seems risky. The first thing to fail will probably be WLAN antennae. No thanks lol

Posted via Passport SE & CB10
    10-31-20 06:27 PM
    Hi, i'm very late to know this. Sad me
    No one have the backup core? I really want to try on my Q10
    08-09-21 07:04 AM
    Hi, i'm very late to know this. Sad me
    No one have the backup core? I really want to try on my Q10
    Welcome to Crackberry, is what you’re looking for not in the first post, the bar files are linked there?

You will need to sideload them using DBBT or similar. Do a search for sideloading bar files to get instructions on how to do that.
    08-09-21 08:03 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry, is what you’re looking for not in the first post, the bar files are linked there?

You will need to sideload them using DBBT or similar. Do a search for sideloading bar files to get instructions on how to do that.
    Yes i already install the bar (1.3.6.3 ES3). I test 25 rom (all from atar, banda i, nec, nintend, seg, neoge) and only 12 running. I thinks its because of not uptodated core.

BTW i have 15 core files (qnx.so files), how to put these files to the cores directory?
    Cores directory are in /accounts/1000/appdata/... And i cant access the appdata folder

Update: i dont need access apppata folder, it just need to change the cores folder from setting>directory>cores.

And now i have 17 rom working.
    Still not work:
    - neoge (load core fb alpha > load content .zip > load archive > No fb alpha in the list) or i do it wrong?
    Need cores:
    - n 64 dd
    - n 64
    - game n watc
    - 32 x
    - ly nx
    - jag uar
    Last edited by kolang-kaling; 08-09-21 at 06:55 PM.
    08-09-21 12:22 PM
102 ... 2345