Today the Blackberry 10 version of RetroArch 0.9.9 will be releasing. You will have already seen this multi-system game/emulator app on Android, iOS, PC and the videogame consoles, but today is the first time it comes to Blackberry devices as well. Support is available for both Z10 and Q10.

Support for PlayBook can be seen here: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...system-812506/

There is a Cascades frontend, although only for ROM and core picking right now. All features and settings can be accessed through an in-game menu once a rom and core has been started. Many of these features will start to move into the Cascades frontend in later releases.

See the manual below for more info.

Manual

https://github.com/libretro/libretro...book-0.9.9.pdf

You can add roms anywhere, though it will start looking at the following location: shared/documents/roms. You can add roms here by connecting your device to your PC, opening the BlackBerry drive that gets mounted, and creating a roms folder in documents.

It comes packaged with the following cores -

Cores currently supported:

- PCSX ReARMed
    - Genesis Plus GX
    - SNES9x Next
    - VBA Next
    - NEStopia
    - FCEUmm
    - Mednafen PCE Fast
    - Mednafen NGP
    - Mednafen VB
    - Mednafen Wonderswan
    - Prboom
    - Tyrquake
    - NX Engine (Cave Story)
    - FInal Burn Alpha
    - Gambatte

Download

Blackberry 10 v0.9.9 (BAR) :http://themaister.net/retroarch-dl/b...es-1_0_0_1.bar

Credits
    All the hardwork has been done by the RetroArch and libretro guys so direct your thanks that way. I've helped with some of the BlackBerry specific issues during porting, and will continue to work on the Cascades frontend.
    05-31-13 08:30 AM
    Can you use Bluetooth controllers with this emulator.
    TimJW likes this.
    05-31-13 02:17 PM
    Yes, ones that are supported by BB10. I've tested with a Wiimote and it works well.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:18 PM
    Awesome work!!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:34 PM
    Yes, ones that are supported by BB10. I've tested with a Wiimote and it works well.

Posted via CB10
    Great, thanks for the great work I will try it this weekend
    05-31-13 04:08 PM
    Thank you so much. I've been waiting for this to come out. I've just tested and it works great. Simple GUI. THANK YOU!!!
    05-31-13 06:50 PM
    Wow, huge thanks! I have been checking on this project every week and it's finally here!
    06-01-13 11:57 AM
    I just don't get it. This app is doing the same thing as all my other games since the damn 116 update. It loses sound and eventually just locks up. And then the only way to get any of my games to work again is to reboot the phone. My phone had no problems at all until this stupid update. I wish I could enjoy this app but unfortunately my brand new phone doesn't even work.

If I sound a little ticked, it's because I am. Ive had nothing but problems with games since the update and I've factory reset a few times since I cant figure out how to load an OS via USB like I used to be able to do with my Torch.
    Last edited by Dave Wood; 06-05-13 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Wrong place for this although I was ticked about the OTA update causing major issues. I've since restored the factory OS.
    06-01-13 07:26 PM
    I just don't get it. This app is doing the same thing as all my other games since the damn 116 update. It loses sound and eventually just locks up. And then the only way to get any of my games to work again is to reboot the phone. My phone had no problems at all until this stupid update. I wish I could enjoy this app but unfortunately my brand new phone doesn't even work.

If I sound a little ticked, it's because I am. Ive had nothing but problems with games since the update and I've factory reset a few times since I cant figure out how to load an OS via USB like I used to be able to do with my Torch.
    So you know how to sideload a .bar file but not install an OS? Interesting. Provided you're using a Windows PC installing OS' is easy. Find the leaked / official OS you want from the various postings here (most come as autoloaders), plug in your device, run the autoloader. Your device will reboot, a wipe will occur, the OS will install and you're pretty much done. Keep in mind, it will wipe your device clean. It's not as if the info isn't out there. - http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...chibar-812685/. Not sure why you felt the need to unload in this thread rather than exploring the options available. Hope you get it sorted.
    06-01-13 09:45 PM
    To be honest I'm pretty shocked that I can't find instances of anyone else having the problems I have. You would think that when updating the OS there would be crc checks on the files downloaded before it installs itself on the phone thus ensuring a successfull update. I'm more upset that the phone failed at a basic function such as a OS update. I'll try your suggestion, which by the way is a completely different process than the Torch method.
    06-02-13 10:54 AM
    Works very well, crashes when I mess with aspect ratio while running Sega core. Not sure if this happens cross core or just for that one. Thought I'd let you know.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:07 AM
    Also wondering if there is a way the core can be auto chosen depending on the file extension? Choosing it every time is kind of tedious

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:12 AM
    Anyone having problems getting the app to save settings, such as overlay and path options? They are not saving for me. Also, whenever I go into the load/save state menu then exit it, the overlay disappears and I am unable to control the app.
    06-02-13 12:58 PM
    I'll take a look at these issues brought up. As for auto-picking the core, it may be something I can look into. The issue comes up with overlapping extensions (.bin for example). There is a rom history in the in-game gui that I'll try to bring out to Cascades which should reduce that issue.

Also, you can hit the Retroarch button on the overlay and save states that way for now.
    Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:22 PM
    I also noticed the snes9x core doesn't load and I can't load games from sd, they don't even show in the file browser.
    06-02-13 02:23 PM
    I also noticed the snes9x core doesn't load and I can't load games from sd, they don't even show in the file browser.
    It worked for me

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 02:50 PM
    To load from SD, go back to the top folder you can in filebrowser, pull open the left side menu, then go to media card.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 04:24 PM
    Does anyone know if the Z10 only supports the wiimote itself or can I attach my retro game pad extension to it and use that? or a nun chuck maybe. Any info would be epic.

Also for catalyst, is there plan to add n64 and psp?
    06-02-13 06:24 PM
    This is really amazing, thanks! I've tested a couple of the cores and it works quite well, including the steelseries controller. I do have a question though, if I wanted to place a BIOS for Playstation1 on my Z10, which directory does it need to be placed in? Thanks.
    06-02-13 06:27 PM
    This is excellent. PS ONE roms work in this version that didn't work in the stand alone emulator. I just ordered a Moga Game Pad Pro to complement the game play. Pumped! Thanks for your work on this!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 08:02 PM
    It only supports the wiimote.

The Bios goes in with the roms.

You can check out libretro.org for info on supported cores and such.

Posted via CB10
    jerobarraco likes this.
    06-02-13 10:53 PM
    @catalyst when you say it only supports the wiimote, do you mean BB10 or the app? I believe the Moga pro compatibility was brought in with 10.1. If you mean the app, is there a way to configure it?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 07:07 AM
    For BB10, only the wiimote itself will work, add ons like the nunchuck won't work. BB10 supports other controllers if it's plain Bluetooth HID. You can change mapping in the in game gui (Retroarch overlay button). Controllers besides the Wiimote will show up as Unknown most likely with a default mapping but should work I'd hope.

As I mentioned before, features like the mapping will make its way into the cascades side eventually.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:39 AM
    Nice, been waiting on this one. Just one question, does it have Q10 keyboard support?
    06-03-13 10:28 AM
    This is amazing. Thanks a lot man!

Edit: can we transfer she's saves from pb to z10
    Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 10:34 AM
562 123 ...