It think it could be native because every EA's games are native and, is it possible that real racing 3 for bb10 is just a valable for 10.2 users ?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 02:28 AM
    It think it could be native because every EA's games are native and, is it possible that real racing 3 for bb10 is just a valable for 10.2 users ?

Posted via CB10
    You're right, I forgot we already have Need For Speed Hot Pursuit.. a native racing game by EA. Same with Tetris. It'll probably be for 10.1 too, since Jaffas said it "might be released this week," and only people who are running leaks have 10.2
    08-27-13 02:44 AM
    Everything is a port, get over it.

Posted via CB10
    Lol! No it's not. Well on BB it might be, but not on iOS. Many of the big game titles on Android are also iOS ports.
    08-27-13 02:54 AM
    I saw other posts by the OP, and he's running 10.2... where all Android ports have a bar underneath the app. Wouldn't a port of this game have the bar underneath too? Or could it be native...
    Well it could be native for BB10 but still be a port. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
    A port just means that they started out with the iOS version of it, stripped out all the iOS specific enhancements and performance tricks, and got it down to the lowest common denominator.

A port can be really good, especially when both platform uses a common engine like Unity, but not always. And you usually see higher hardware demands too...
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-27-13 03:02 AM
    The pic detail reduces after uploading in Crackberry forums.
    Trust me, the graphics are very good.
    Holy sh*t, I can't believe it, my favourite game on the iPad, it was the only reason I carried around that brick, I'm so excited, thanks for bringing it over to BlackBerry 10, the only plus I can seeing carrying the iPad4 everywhere with me was that my biceps and forearm is much toner.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 03:47 AM
    Attachment 196109
    Attachment 196110

The best phone in the world
    That looks so amazing, thanks for posting the pic, I'm speechless that this is actually coming to BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 03:58 AM
    Lol! No it's not. Well on BB it might be, but not on iOS. Many of the big game titles on Android are also iOS ports.
    I'm guessing most EA games on BB10 are ported, er, let's say instead converted from the iOS version.

Goes along with your other post above. "Ported" means a few different things but now has a bad connotation around these parts when it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad, or even second rate.

This is how you CB10, son!
    Alex_Hong and RubberChicken76 like this.
    08-27-13 05:39 AM
    As happy as I'll be for this game, I REALLY hope there is a way to mod it like the android game for unlim coins/etc. Makes the game so much better. I don't mind earning coins to unlocking features, cars, tracks etc. But waiting 24hrs to fix a tire or pay $2 is a pain in the ***.

also, anyway to extract the bar and post it up
    Last edited by Roscopcoletrain; 08-27-13 at 08:44 AM.
    08-27-13 08:29 AM
    As happy as I'll be for this game, I REALLY hope there is a way to mod it like the android game for unlim coins/etc. Makes the game so much better. I don't mind earning coins to unlocking features, cars, tracks etc. But waiting 24hrs to fix a tire or pay $2 is a pain in the ***.

also, anyway to extract the bar and post it up
    If he deletes and redownloads while running fiddler2 on his computer. Then, he can download it on his pc and upload for us

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 09:14 AM
    Everything is a port.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 12:53 PM
    Everything is a port.

Posted via CB10
    except original content built native
    08-27-13 01:11 PM
    The pic detail reduces after uploading in Crackberry forums.
    Trust me, the graphics are very good.
    Thanks for info. Any chance we'll see a lot of these EA games (Real Racing 3, NBA Jam, Sims FreePlay, etc.) ported to the Q10? Or are we out of luck?

Also, I'm glad to see this title hit BlackBerry World before Windows Phone despite us hearing Windows is taking off faster. Any reason why BlackBerry is first in this instance?
    08-27-13 06:31 PM
    Jep, also Q10 owners want those games

Also, I'm glad to see this title hit BlackBerry World before Windows Phone despite us hearing Windows is taking off faster. Any reason why BlackBerry is first in this instance?
    I somewhere readed that Windows Phone was worse in terms of app sales. So yeah BlackBerry is actually more profitable. Don't know why too.

PS, I remember. It was Vector Unit who said it (Riptide GP, Beach Buggy Blitz). That's a relative big developer. That's still one developer, so it could be only with them.

Posted via CB10.1
    08-27-13 07:56 PM
    Anyone else in India report getting this?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 08:26 PM
    Thanks for info. Any chance we'll see a lot of these EA games (Real Racing 3, NBA Jam, Sims FreePlay, etc.) ported to the Q10? Or are we out of luck?

Trying to set up a proxy or dns to get to indian bbworld but not working.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 09:23 PM

Most of the EA Games were already ported to Q10 and also available in Appworld. RR3 will be available for Q10 but not NBA Jam and The Sims Freeplay.
    spiculated likes this.
    08-28-13 01:54 AM
    Most of the EA Games were already ported to Q10 and also available in Appworld. RR3 will be available for Q10 but not NBA Jam and The Sims Freeplay.
    Know if the app is still up on bbworld India?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 02:40 AM
    Any fifa game will be seen in action on BlackBerry 10....please tell

The best phone in the world
    08-28-13 08:04 AM
    to the op: how about a video showing the gameplay?
    08-28-13 05:43 PM
    Just downloaded it here on my Z10 on AT&T in California!
    Real Racing 3 by EA: coming soon to BB10!-img_00000109.png

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 08:32 PM
    Just downloaded it here in Calgary AB
    Real Racing 3 by EA: coming soon to BB10!-img_00000356.png

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 08:48 PM
    It's alright. Played a lot on both my iPad and iPhone when it came out six months ago, but I haven't played it for awhile. The freemium stuff gets tiresome after awhile.
    Hmm ... how so? Really obnoxious cross-selling of stuff?
    08-28-13 08:55 PM
    There's actually a not-so-sinister reason for this. Game development has gotten much more expensive as 3D titles with a lot of levels and sophistication have come to market. Likewise, the price has dropped substantially.

One of the games that developers get around this challenge is to create the game on a common game engine that can be quickly ported. Often the initial development will be done on the platform that will yield heavy returns to cover the initial risk. iOS brings not only a large user base, but also fairly straightforward testing. The game will recoup on one platform, but then the developer will quickly port to other platforms that support the same game engine to get more profit.

BlackBerry has actually done a pretty good job supporting the common game engines ... something they started with the PlayBook initially. It's why the PlayBook had so many games despite having such a small userbase. even if you only have 2 million users, if a game can be ported over a weekend to the PlayBook due to the game engine support, why not do so?
    08-28-13 08:59 PM
    I'm downloading right now in California! I loaded the new leaked 10.2 and then randomly tried seeing if Real Racing 3 was available.. and it is!
    Real Racing 3 by EA: coming soon to BB10!-img_00000670.png

Posted via CB10
    spiculated likes this.
    08-28-13 09:10 PM
    OK - a quck beware with this game! The download is really small, but then once you launch it, it proceeds to go and spend a bloody half hour downloading hundreds of megs of additional files!
    08-28-13 09:20 PM
90 1234