Is that legal? Paying for a game then it gets pulled and then you can't download or use the game you paid for anymore? Can we get a refund?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 09:04 PM
    05-31-15 09:06 PM
    You may want to read the Terms of Use in BBW. Every store states they can take apps from you. Heck, iTunes will uninstall it from your device...

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 09:07 PM
    File the complaint and ask for a refund.

Having an app on BBWorld, I know pulled apps remain on the store, they are just not accessible to the users.

And it's totally on the dev studio when this happens.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-31-15 at 09:37 PM.
    05-31-15 09:12 PM
    Have you checked under your 'available apps' in the my apps section of BBWorld a lot of apps i've bought or used to have that are no longer available are still there and downloadable, even if it was on a previous device

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 06:12 AM
    Legal? Sure, due to lengthy ToS agreements and such they can get away with it, even though it's basically theft.

Ethical? Hell no. And neither is the typical "Wall of silence" customers encounter when trying to contact the developers for a solution or explanation. When a developer does this and then follows up by ignoring the paying customer it says "F-you, I got my money, and I don't care about customer service." It would be forgivable if it were only small indie devs, but when companies like Unity and Gameloft take on an "ignore the customer" approach, then something is seriously wrong.

BlackBerry likes to not let pulled apps show up in "My world" regardless of whether or not they can be downloaded again. Google the name of the missing app plus the words "BlackBerry World" on your device. If you find a link to the app's BBW page, you can click it and MAYBE there will still be a working download button. BlackBerry needs to fix this so that customers can still easily access the content they paid for.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 03:05 PM
    That's the good thing about good old software from the disk...no one can take it from you, other than some software that has licensure lock-outs if you truly stole it.

-STV on Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    EchoesFX likes this.
    07-15-15 02:03 PM