As stated on the home page, Ice Age Village is here!

Posted via CB10, with my BB10.
    02-21-13 09:23 AM
    After spending about 30 minutes in the game, I'd have to say this is BlackBerry's best village builder for either BB10 or PlayBook.

Compared to Oregon Trail, the touch controls are much more precise, and you don't have to worry about an energy meter. It's simpler, in that there are no resources to worry about either. It has actual mini games, unlike Oregon Trail's fishing and hunting activities.

The graphics are sharp and cute, it functions with a basic collect and reactivate concept. You'll occasionally find hidden goodies. It does however feel designed for a larger tablet screen, as like in Oregon Trail, some of the buttons are microscopic.

Also, there are no confirmation or warning prompts for spending, and at times trying to press one thing might result in pressing something else, which pulls up buttons to spend your money or acorns. Tapping too quickly can end up accidentally spending those slow accumulating acorns on something you didn't want. It happened to me trying to press the mission button, accidentally pressing open land beneath it. I pressed again when the menu didn't open, and accidentally pressed the expand land button on a pop up menu, costing me 10000 gold. So be mindful.

The game has Scoreloop integration, and the ability to name your village. The screens make it look like you can visit other people's villages, but I haven't figured out how yet. Besides that, the Scoreloop feature simply seems to update your Games app with your activities and achievements.

Edit: Visiting friends unlocks when the two little guys enter the game, Crash and something. You get to visit Scrat's village, and invite people via BBM. Beyond that, I don't seem to be able to actually visit anyone yet.

Edit 2: Looks like you may have to sign in each time you go back to the game. It's not easy to press that stubborn Scoreloop button, and messages appearing during the process are shown white on light grey, tough to read.

Last edited by KidCaboose; 02-21-13 at 03:37 PM.
    02-21-13 09:35 AM
    So has anyone managed to connect to other players in this game yet. It looks like you don't have to sign in each time. I've had to sign in a couple of times, but I don't know what makes it choose to sign me out.

You have the option to invite your BlackBerry buddies to play, so I'm wondering if you have to have other players on your BBM to connect with them, which would be silly. I don't want a BBM list full of broadcasting, status updating fuglies, but I DO want to help other villages out and get my phat lewts on.

02-22-13 04:56 AM
    I've really enjoyed playing it, but yesterday it froze in level 8 and I couldn't close the game so I restarted my device. The next two times I tried to open it it froze up again I'm hesitant to try a 3rd time now, but I really want to play.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 08:02 AM
    I've really enjoyed playing it, but yesterday it froze in level 8 and I couldn't close the game so I restarted my device. The next two times I tried to open it it froze up again I'm hesitant to try a 3rd time now, but I really want to play.

Posted via CB10
    Most of the crashing or freezing I've encountered in any app or game so far has had to do with the online features in some way. If you can start the game, press the Scoreloop button in the top right, and try logging in again, that might help. I've noticed occasionally that the game has signed me out, which you can verify by pressing the achievement button. It's really difficult to read, but if you're not signed in, it will tell you to log in to Scoreloop. I'm on 13 now I think, and haven't had any freezing. But I make sure I'm logged in constantly.

02-23-13 09:01 AM
    It started working again, then I went to play it just now and rather than starting up I just got a black screen. I left it for a few minutes to see if something would happen, but nothing did so I just reset the device. It's a bit frustrating but at least it works most of the time... I don't even have any other apps open.
    02-23-13 04:35 PM
    It started working again, then I went to play it just now and rather than starting up I just got a black screen. I left it for a few minutes to see if something would happen, but nothing did so I just reset the device. It's a bit frustrating but at least it works most of the time... I don't even have any other apps open.
    All I can suggest is make sure your wi-fi connection is on and solid, or try reinstalling the game. Though I imagine you'd have to restart your game from scratch if you did that. I'm not sure what info, if any, is recorded through the Scoreloop account.

02-23-13 07:30 PM
    Installed it this morning and am addicted to it already.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 11:31 PM
    I still haven't figured out how to visit other villages besides the stock Scrat village. No word from Gameloft yet. Considering it has a BBM invitation option, I'd like to test if you need to have neighbours as BBM contacts. It's a moronic idea, but who knows? If anyone playing the game wants to help me test it, add me on BBM. You don't have to keep me as a contact, it's really just to test to see if that's how they made the game.

Last edited by KidCaboose; 01-29-14 at 05:57 PM.
    02-24-13 11:47 AM
    Did you ever find out about connecting with a friends village? Or is this feature only available on iOS and android only? I've gotten past lvl 40 and now I have an option to buy a restaurant but can't find it anywhere in the fun stuff area of goods to purchase.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 01:40 AM
    Did you ever find out about connecting with a friends village? Or is this feature only available on iOS and android only? I've gotten past lvl 40 and now I have an option to buy a restaurant but can't find it anywhere in the fun stuff area of goods to purchase.

Posted via CB10
    I've been communicating with a rep from Scoreloop for over a month now, I don't have a clear answer yet as to whether or not we're supposed to be able to visit other people's villages, or whether Gameloft has simply, but very graciously, given BlackBerry users the ability to invite other BlackBerry users to download the game for themselves, using an in app BBM invitation.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:03 AM
    I just added you to my BBM we can try it out. I've seen screen shots of people being able to visit other villages but I'm assuming it's not possible yet for us. What lvl have u made it to in the game?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 02:47 PM
    I just added you to my BBM we can try it out. I've seen screen shots of people being able to visit other villages but I'm assuming it's not possible yet for us. What lvl have u made it to in the game?

Posted via CB10
    Well, I still don't seem to have neighbours to visit. I'm on 33 now. I imagine it's a feature that simply won't come to BlackBerry. Gameloft haven't responded to any of my emails, and i haven't heard anything back from the Scoreloop guy on contacting Gameloft about Scoreloop issues.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 04:20 PM
    Anyone knows how to get grass? I want grass, but I don't see them in Decorations. Usually things are available but locked, but the grass is nowhere to be seen

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 04:59 AM
    I just looked, I can't see grass available anywhere either. You can purchase a dirt path or green flowers that look like grass.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 03:22 PM
    Green flower doesn't look the same. The grass has that seamless feel. You can see it at scrat's nook. Argh, I want the GRASS! They'd look awesome for grazing field!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:42 PM
    I'm playing this on my PlayBook, and I need a friend to complete a quest. Any way to add anyone?
    04-13-13 05:03 AM
    I'm playing this on my PlayBook, and I need a friend to complete a quest. Any way to add anyone?
    I don't think so. However, if it's the quest I remember, it can be completed by visiting Scrat's village.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 07:41 AM
    Bought T-REX after a streak of luck. Currently breeding the first baby. I have to say, for the price it's a bit underwhelming

Posted via CrackBerry 10
    05-24-13 09:44 PM
    Was going to delete this game for space, but thought, "Well, guess I should give it a shot first."

Totally hooked now.

Think I'm on Level 26 currently.

This is how you CB10, son!
    05-26-13 03:35 AM
    add my pin 24E0FF34
    lets play together
    05-27-13 12:35 PM
    the quest I am on wants me to add a resturant. that's not in the game either

Sent from an ATM
    05-27-13 12:46 PM
    Has anyone found an answer to the restaurant situation?
    06-02-13 04:44 AM
    At which level is the restaurant quest?

Have you checked under "special" category?

STL 100-1 10.1.0.1720
    06-02-13 10:48 AM
    I don't remember when the resturant quest started. maybe after 35 sometime. yes I looked under special.

Sent from an ATM
    06-02-13 05:20 PM
73 123