Yes, access shared permission is set properly in the xml file. So I would assume he forgot to accept the permission when first time running the emulator. Thanks for pointing this out.

If that is the case, he can go to system setting -> security and privacy -> applications permission to re enable the shared file access for the emulator.

Posted via CB10
    bb10forthewin likes this.
    03-18-13 04:56 PM
    Q10 ready with no overlay?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 05:00 PM
    Thanks guys, i got it working by changing the permission
    But i dont see any kind of overlayed buttons
    Did i miss something else?
    03-18-13 05:41 PM
    Q10 ready with no overlay?

Posted via CB10
    Will look at it in a lower priority, but it's on the action item list.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 06:39 PM
    Thanks guys, i got it working by changing the permission
    But i dont see any kind of overlayed buttons
    Did i miss something else?
    Just restart the emulator, it's a bug.

Posted via CB10
    bb10forthewin likes this.
    03-18-13 06:40 PM
    Restarted it a few times and nothing, so i deleted the gba bios i had and it works like a charm
    Great job!
    Any chance of gbc/gb capabilities in the future?
    03-18-13 06:55 PM
    Restarted it a few times and nothing, so i deleted the gba bios i had and it works like a charm
    Great job!
    Any chance of gbc/gb capabilities in the future?
    Yes, gbc is on the radar. Need some free time to get all the features working

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 06:02 PM
    Latest Release 1.0.4.2
    Release Date: Mar20,2013
    Download Link: GBA-BB (r1.0.4.2)
    New Features:
    - Add sd card ROM loading support
    - Add GBC and GB ROM support
    - Add Touchscreen overlay transparency user control (Swipe from Top, then double click anywhere to switch to different transparency level)
    Fixes
    - Fix random Touchscreen Button disappearing issue
    - Improve Audio quality
    - Fix memory leaking issue in Touchscreen Configuration window

See first post for more details on installation and usage.

Enjoy!!
    Last edited by ulumu; 03-21-13 at 10:18 AM.
    Johny 5 and Mister Xiado like this.
    03-20-13 11:00 PM
    Thanks a lot Ulumu!!! You make my day!! Awesome work!!

Although you just made my playbook really sad, I was kind of using it just for GBA! Hey hey!

Posted via CB10
    ulumu likes this.
    03-21-13 08:59 PM
    does this have the same stupid reset al button the playbook version has? its the large on screen button that when you hit it resets the vba deleting all saved games... i deleted 3 pokemon saves that way then gave up on VBA
    03-22-13 03:01 AM
    does this have the same stupid reset al button the playbook version has? its the large on screen button that when you hit it resets the vba deleting all saved games... i deleted 3 pokemon saves that way then gave up on VBA
    There is no reset button in this emu. There is an on screen button at the upper left corner, which is for loading new roms. If u hit cancel in the rom selection dialog, it will go back to the game.

Hope this help.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 08:51 AM
    Just tested it out. Found a bit of an odd bug. If anything overtaxes the system (like playing Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo for GBA), then the next game you load, if it doesn't similarly tax the system, will run at double speed or thereabout. Also had it happen for a couple seconds when I viewed the game list then pressed cancel.
    Also, the Super Gameboy frame for Donkey Kong (GB) is bugged out and covers much of the playing screen.

Works perfectly with a Wiimote, at least for DMG games like Link's Awakening.

Bravo, and thanks for taking the effort to get this project rolling. If nothing else, easy-to-use emulators and other homebrew software will help breathe some much needed life into the Z10.
    ulumu likes this.
    03-23-13 01:27 AM
    I cant get this to work, I am trying to play Pokemon Leaf Green, I have the .gba and .bin files setup in the correct place, but when I load the app and choose the rom I want, I get a black screen with the buttons showing, and I can hear the game in the background but cant see anything but a black screen.

I tried it with more than 2 roms non of them work.
    03-23-13 05:36 AM
    Just tested it out. Found a bit of an odd bug. If anything overtaxes the system (like playing Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo for GBA), then the next game you load, if it doesn't similarly tax the system, will run at double speed or thereabout. Also had it happen for a couple seconds when I viewed the game list then pressed cancel.
    Also, the Super Gameboy frame for Donkey Kong (GB) is bugged out and covers much of the playing screen.

Works perfectly with a Wiimote, at least for DMG games like Link's Awakening.

Bravo, and thanks for taking the effort to get this project rolling. If nothing else, easy-to-use emulators and other homebrew software will help breathe some much needed life into the Z10.
    The speed up for few seconds is a known bug, Thx for testing it out. Mostly is caused by timestamp mis-alignment.

For the GB game corruption issue, I noticed that will happen if the first game loading is not a .gb or .gbc. Will look into that.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:09 AM
    I cant get this to work, I am trying to play Pokemon Leaf Green, I have the .gba and .bin files setup in the correct place, but when I load the app and choose the rom I want, I get a black screen with the buttons showing, and I can hear the game in the background but cant see anything but a black screen.

I tried it with more than 2 roms non of them work.
    I try pokemon leaf green, works fine.

Do a phone restart, maybe that help, or delete the app and side load again. Do u have a lot of app stay active? Emulator require more rams than normal app, try close some and see if that make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:20 AM
    The speed up for few seconds is a known bug, Thx for testing it out. Mostly is caused by timestamp mis-alignment.

For the GB game corruption issue, I noticed that will happen if the first game loading is not a .gb or .gbc. Will look into that.

Posted via CB10
    I've seen the gb corruption issue but I think this bug is different and specific to games containing super gameboy frames. I am experiencing it with Tetris Plus.

I've attached a screenshot of what I see in Tetris Plus. The video output of the game is perfectly fine but the sgb frame is not displaying properly and covers up the video output

GBA Emulator for BB10 - a port from VBA-m-img_00000042.png

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:43 AM
    I try pokemon leaf green, works fine.

Do a phone restart, maybe that help, or delete the app and side load again. Do u have a lot of app stay active? Emulator require more rams than normal app, try close some and see if that make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    It hasnt been working since the first version you put out, I tried uninstalling deleting all the files and folders related to it the reinstall, tried restarting nothing worked. No i usually have nothing open in my active frames when I open the app it is always the only app open
    03-23-13 08:56 AM
    It hasnt been working since the first version you put out, I tried uninstalling deleting all the files and folders related to it the reinstall, tried restarting nothing worked. No i usually have nothing open in my active frames when I open the app it is always the only app open
    What is your device model number? I used STL100-3, not sure if there is a difference here.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 09:22 AM
    I've seen the gb corruption issue but I think this bug is different and specific to games containing super gameboy frames. I am experiencing it with Tetris Plus.

I've attached a screenshot of what I see in Tetris Plus. The video output of the game is perfectly fine but the sgb frame is not displaying properly and covers up the video output

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000042.png 
Views:	433 
Size:	262.2 KB 
ID:	143220

Posted via CB10
    Will take a look at the sgb frame issue. Thx for the info.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 09:31 AM
    What is your device model number? I used STL100-3, not sure if there is a difference here.

Posted via CB10
    Mine is STL100-1, can this we the thing which doesnt make it work, but I dont think the device is supposed to matter.
    03-23-13 09:32 AM
    In that case I can think of this is related incompatible opengl support with different hw.

U can try disable opengl support in the vbam.cfg , located in misc/gbaemu. I haven't tested non-gl support for a while, so not sure what it will turn out.

Will take a look this evening.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 09:42 AM
    When I set the opengl to 0 from the config file, this is what I got:

GBA Emulator for BB10 - a port from VBA-m-img_00000068.jpg

It seems that the screen is still black. :\
    03-23-13 09:54 AM
    Wonder anyone here has a STL100-1 has similar problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 10:02 AM
    Awesome!

Posted from my Zed10!
    03-23-13 12:21 PM
    When I set the opengl to 0 from the config file, this is what I got:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000068.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	143261

It seems that the screen is still black. :\
    I got this non opengl issue fix. But still wonder what caused the problem on STL100-1 device when using opengl.

If u r willing to help out, I can send u a beta to test it, and hopefully found the issue and get it fix.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 07:07 PM
530 12345 ...