I'm on 10.3.1.747 "Classic" and everything works fine...

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 05:32 AM
    I'm on 10.3.1.747 "Classic" and everything works fine...

Posted via CB10
    That's my point....
    It worked on that build but it doesn't on the latest.

Do you know why?

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-11-15 06:22 AM
    How can I know? I have an other device and also an other software version ^^ sorry

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 06:24 AM
    Ulumu, do you know why the emulator would not be working on the newest build?

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-11-15 07:19 AM
    Does this emulator work on the Passport?
    RobinNewy likes this.
    01-19-15 03:34 PM
    My Z30 running on 10.3.1.2267 , And this emulator is not working.

Just Shows Black Screen and nothing happens.

Any one have idea about it?

BlackBerry Z30 (INDIA) STA100-2 / 10.3.1.2267
    02-11-15 04:16 AM
    Q10 running 10.3.1.2267 not working. Same as above, just black screen.
    02-12-15 07:27 PM
    It is not working on Z10 OS 10.3.1.2243.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 05:36 AM
    Hi,
    I got problems with my q20 classic... app cannot start... just a black screen... could somebody heldp please :/
    02-26-15 09:40 AM
    Ulumu, do you know why the emulator would not be working on the newest build?

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    I don't know what has been change in the newest build which causing the black screen, and I don't have access to newest build to debug it. One thing u folks can try is to change the openGL option from 2 to 1 in the vbam.cfg and see if the problem is related to GL driver update in the new build.
    03-12-15 01:36 PM
    I don't know what has been change in the newest build which causing the black screen, and I don't have access to newest build to debug it. One thing u folks can try is to change the openGL option from 2 to 1 in the vbam.cfg and see if the problem is related to GL driver update in the new build.
    It's not working

Q10 10.3.1.2243

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 10:46 PM
    Meanwhile you could try this experimental RetroArch build: https://github.com/AampApps/RetroArch/releases/

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 01:37 AM
    Problem is related to some changes in bps in the new OS, I am looking for resolution.
    03-16-15 03:55 PM
    Problem is related to some changes in bps in the new OS, I am looking for resolution.
    I really hope you can find a soultion, I miss my Pokemon
    03-18-15 03:12 AM
    Problem is resolved, just doing some final testing.
    03-18-15 06:45 AM
    Problem is resolved, just doing some final testing.
    No offense, but I brought this up over two months ago in this very thread and I never got any response.

Since then I have moved into MyBoy an android app and to my surprise MyBoy NEVER LAGS, it has no FPS Drop whatsoever.

Is there something that they did completely different from you?

Because the emulation on their app is far smoother than your port or other apps I have seen?

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    03-18-15 07:16 AM
    No offense, but I brought this up over two months ago in this very thread and I never got any response.

Since then I have moved into MyBoy an android app and to my surprise MyBoy NEVER LAGS, it has no FPS Drop whatsoever.

Is there something that they did completely different from you?

Because the emulation on their app is far smoother than your port or other apps I have seen?

Most ports to the BlackBerry 10 platform are done by enthusiasts purely on a on a voluntary basis with no financial gain. If it's of such importance to you either pm the dev, donate or tinker with the code yourself. Thanks to the beauty of FOSS you can change the software to your liking if you really want to. It's not really fair to compare this to MyBoy, since the latter is paid software (yes, there is a free version where you can't save states and which probably has ads as well). So you just can't look at the different code side by side. They either did an emulator from the ground or (more likely) stole from some open source project and hid it. VBA-m additionally does GB/GBC emulation btw.
    03-18-15 08:41 AM
    Most ports to the BlackBerry 10 platform are done by enthusiasts purely on a on a voluntary basis with no financial gain. If it's of such importance to you either pm the dev, donate or tinker with the code yourself. Thanks to the beauty of FOSS you can change the software to your liking if you really want to. It's not really fair to compare this to MyBoy, since the latter is paid software (yes, there is a free version where you can't save states and which probably has ads as well). So you just can't look at the different code side by side. They either did an emulator from the ground or (more likely) stole from some open source project and hid it. VBA-m additionally does GB/GBC emulation btw.
    I'm not complaining, I'm very grateful for him doing what he's doing for the community without any pay for him.
    This is what makes the CB community the best of them all.

I'm just curious if there's a way to compare the two and see if there's a big difference in the emulation or something of that nature.

03-18-15 09:36 AM
    There are lots of way to do emulation, all depends on how much you want to gain. I had some private build (never release) that works much better than the VBA-m, but does not have the great compatibility coverage like VBA-m have. Besides, I need to put priorities on my job and my family first, so time is very limited.
    Also, I don't own a BB10 device, so that make it hard to move into a new OS build (especially a non-official one) when borrowing device from someone else.
    I am a gamer like all of u here, and a fan of all those portable game devices, which bring back a lot of good memories.
    03-18-15 09:55 AM
    There are lots of way to do emulation, all depends on how much you want to gain. I had some private build (never release) that works much better than the VBA-m, but does not have the great compatibility coverage like VBA-m have. Besides, I need to put priorities on my job and my family first, so time is very limited.
    Also, I don't own a BB10 device, so that make it hard to move into a new OS build (especially a non-official one) when borrowing device from someone else.
    I am a gamer like all of u here, and a fan of all those portable game devices, which bring back a lot of good memories.
    Thank you very much!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 10:11 AM
    Oh okay thanks for clearing that up.

Of course family is always first.

03-18-15 11:53 AM
    New release is out.
    GBA_bb V1.2.0.5 (except STL100-1)
    GBA_bb V1.2.1.5 (STL100-1 only)

Note
    - In OS 10.3.1 release, the dialog box can be controlled by gamepad (I can't find it in the release note).
    - So if you pair the gamepad before starting the emulator, then you MUST use the gamepad to browse and select game in the dialog box.
    - If you do not like this way, then pair the gamepad later during the game.

Report any problems you might encounter, I will try my best to look into it.
    03-18-15 11:16 PM
    New release is out.

Note
    - In OS 10.3.1 release, the dialog box can be controlled by gamepad (I can't find it in the release note).
    - So if you pair the gamepad before starting the emulator, then you MUST use the gamepad to browse and select game in the dialog box.

Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 11:20 PM
    New release is out.

Note

I can't download.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 11:35 PM
    I can't download.

Posted via CB10
    Works for me. Try on your PC and not through CB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 05:24 AM
530 ... 1819202122