Okay, so this is one of my favourite pick up and play games on the Z10. And it's frustrating the heck outta me. I can average maybe 60K points in a game, with some games as low as 7K, and as high as 200K. It's really inconsistent. I'm also noticing most people I challenge destroying me completely, with scores between 200K and 1.5M. What's the trick here?

And please don't tell me you just gotta be quick and keep moving. Bollocks. I'm moving as fast as I can. Are there strategies? Times when I should be popping the pulsing fruit, times when I should use the fruit destroyers, patterns of fruit that are more effective to look for? Seriously. I almost chewed my tongue off last night in a fit of concentration and focus. Help.
    02-18-13 10:25 AM
    I'm noticing the same thing, my girlfriend plays it on her Nexus 7 and scores at least 200000 each game. I can only average 50000 per game. Very inconsistent, but maybe she's just awesome at it.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 10:47 AM
    I'm noticing the same thing, my girlfriend plays it on her Nexus 7 and scores at least 200000 each game. I can only average 50000 per game. Very inconsistent, but maybe she's just awesome at it.

Posted via CB10
    Well, that's part of it. It's all girls that are beating me. Why do they have to take the game so seriously? Why can't they just play for fun? Why does everything have to be a big competition to them? What do they think it's gonna prove? Like I care about their super-combos and 10x multipliers. OMG... so immature.
    02-18-13 11:10 AM
    mine won't even run...first when I try to open it, it brings up the Games app and wants me to connect to social gaming (which I have no interest in), then I close that and have to reactivate the Fruit Blitz frame, then the app closes on me...haven't been able to start a game yet...
    02-22-13 04:35 PM
    mine won't even run...first when I try to open it, it brings up the Games app and wants me to connect to social gaming (which I have no interest in), then I close that and have to reactivate the Fruit Blitz frame, then the app closes on me...haven't been able to start a game yet...
    Well, maybe it requires the Games app connection. It doesn't force you to play with others, but it may not function offline, as it immediately attaches you to the online leader board.

Posted via CB10, with my BB10.
    netwerx1 likes this.
    02-22-13 05:01 PM
    Well, maybe it requires the Games app connection. It doesn't force you to play with others, but it may not function offline, as it immediately attaches you to the online leader board.

After I signed up through the Games app, the game now functions normally...interesting approach...but it's working now, so at least I can try it out. Thanks!
    KidCaboose likes this.
    02-22-13 05:27 PM
    FYI, Fruit Blitz just received an update. Make sure to force an update check if you haven't received a notification (BlackBerry World/My World/Menu) or maybe just go to the Fruit Blitz page.

The game definitely feels different. I get a lot more time than I used to, and combos seem to occur more frequently and last longer. 5 games after the update bumped my average from about 60000 per game to 220000, and my high score from 275000 to 1.1 million.

That's right, I'm back in the game.

Last edited by KidCaboose; 02-24-13 at 06:19 PM.
    02-24-13 05:53 PM
    Lol
    Maybe girls are just better at it, I just played for my first time and I got 120,528

Posted via CB10
    semperfi45 likes this.
    03-07-13 06:06 PM
    I cannot break a million... is there some kind of strategy you guys use?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 07:07 PM
    MiSsY_, I'm comin' after you.

I cannot break a million... is there some kind of strategy you guys use?
    Okay, I've been using two strategies. The first is the simplest. Keep your combos going as long as possible. Work from side to side, top to bottom. Exploding fruit can make it difficult to make quick matches, so when you make a match on one side of the screen, jump straight to the other side.

The second is Fruit Blitz mode. If you make a bunch of quick matches, you'll notice your screen getting brighter/saturated. Eventually all the fruits become explosive, and each match causes a pop. This doesn't seem to get you as many points as a long combo, but it's better than nothing. I think exploding fruits reset the energy build up towards this mode, so try to focus on simple three fruit matches, and avoid the the random fruit eliminator thing.

If I feel I'm not getting combos, I focus on activating the Fruit Blitz mode. Also, when your time meter is almost half done, plums get introduced. At this point it gets harder and harder to make combos. This is a good time to start focusing on quick three fruit matches.

When the time's almost up is announced, stop matching with pulsing fruit, and don't use the random eliminator. That way you get one last hope of getting some bonus points when the game's done.

I can average about 240000 now. My games vary usually between 100000 and 900000, and occasionally jump into 1 or 2 million, depending on how well the first half of the game went.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 10:05 PM

Okay, I've been using two strategies. The first is the simplest. Keep your combos going as long as possible. Work from side to side, top to bottom. Exploding fruit can make it difficult to make quick matches, so when you make a match on one side of the screen, jump straight to the other side.

The second is Fruit Blitz mode. If you make a bunch of quick matches, you'll notice your screen getting brighter/saturated. Eventually all the fruits become explosive, and each match causes a pop. This doesn't seem to get you as many points as a long combo, but it's better than nothing. I think exploding fruits reset the energy build up towards this mode, so try to focus on simple three fruit matches, and avoid the the random fruit eliminator thing.

If I feel I'm not getting combos, I focus on activating the Fruit Blitz mode. Also, when your time meter is almost half done, plums get introduced. At this point it gets harder and harder to make combos. This is a good time to start focusing on quick three fruit matches.

When the time's almost up is announced, stop matching with pulsing fruit, and don't use the random eliminator. That way you get one last hope of getting some bonus points when the game's done.

I can average about 240000 now. My games vary usually between 100000 and 900000, and occasionally jump into 1 or 2 million, depending on how well the first half of the game went.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha you crack me up KidCaboose.

Have you ever played games like Bejewelled Blitz or Candy Crush Saga? Concepts are all similar, hit loads of combos in a row. Another way to hit combos is try make the shapes that you would for those other games I mentioned to make special gems, by trying to make L and T shapes

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 01:25 AM
    Hahaha you crack me up KidCaboose.

Have you ever played games like Bejewelled Blitz or Candy Crush Saga? Concepts are all similar, hit loads of combos in a row. Another way to hit combos is try make the shapes that you would for those other games I mentioned to make special gems, by trying to make L and T shapes

Posted via CB10
    Good to see you posting with CB10.

I suppon reaction time is pretty key. Those special gems, or pulsing fruit, I don't think get you any points to begin with. They keep your combo going, but only give points when they pop. The random eliminator thing also doesn't give you points, I think. So keep that in mind. The T shape and the 5 in a row make pulsing fruits, whereas the L shape and 4 in a row cause an explosion, which seems to delay until your combo ends, to help keep your combo going.

There's a significant difference in strategy between Fruit Blitz, Bejewelled and Candy Crush...

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 06:18 AM
    Good to see you posting with CB10.

I suppon reaction time is pretty key. Those special gems, or pulsing fruit, I don't think get you any points to begin with. They keep your combo going, but only give points when they pop. The random eliminator thing also doesn't give you points, I think. So keep that in mind. The T shape and the 5 in a row make pulsing fruits, whereas the L shape and 4 in a row cause an explosion, which seems to delay until your combo ends, to help keep your combo going.

There's a significant difference in strategy between Fruit Blitz, Bejewelled and Candy Crush...

Posted via CB10
    I know, I was logged out the other day and haven't managed to get back into until earlier on, definitely think it's a passport issue coz of the _. But happy to be back in the mix

Wow you've put a lot of thought into this I know they all have different strategies but the concept is the same, to me at least. I noticed that with those pulsing fruits you, can increase their value by using them in the shapes I mentioned, you can burst them if you use them as 3, but that's min points. The main thing is to always have something exploding.
    Well I dunno but I'm hitting millions. Although you've got me on how that person hit over 130 000, must have been an insane round

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 03:41 PM
    Wow you've put a lot of thought into this I know they all have different strategies but the concept is the same, to me at least. I noticed that with those pulsing fruits you, can increase their value by using them in the shapes I mentioned, you can burst them if you use them as 3, but that's min points. The main thing is to always have something exploding.
    Well I dunno but I'm hitting millions. Although you've got me on how that person hit over 130 000, must have been an insane round

Posted via CB10
    Well, still testing theories and methods, I've found combining combos with Fruit Blitz mode results in the quickest score accumulation.

I let the random configuration of fruits activate everything for me, while I focus on rapid 3 fruit matches, avoiding 4 fruit lines, fruit eliminators and pulsing fruit. The board often takes care of forming pulsing fruit, landing in 4 or 5 fruit configurations, exploding pulsing fruit and activation fruit eliminators. Exploding fruit will disrupt your matching speed, and reset your Fruit Blitz mode build up. And Fruit Blitz mode becomes very difficult to activate later in the round, as it becomes more difficult to make rapid matches.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 04:44 PM
    Well, still testing theories and methods, I've found combining combos with Fruit Blitz mode results in the quickest score accumulation.

I let the random configuration of fruits activate everything for me, while I focus on rapid 3 fruit matches, avoiding 4 fruit lines, fruit eliminators and pulsing fruit. The board often takes care of forming pulsing fruit, landing in 4 or 5 fruit configurations, exploding pulsing fruit and activation fruit eliminators. Exploding fruit will disrupt your matching speed, and reset your Fruit Blitz mode build up. And Fruit Blitz mode becomes very difficult to activate later in the round, as it becomes more difficult to make rapid matches.

Posted via CB10
    With all this said, what are your scores looking like?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 06:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Finally broke a million! Thanks a lot for the help! Wanted that achievement so damn bad. lol

Posted via CB10
    KidCaboose likes this.
    03-10-13 07:59 PM
    here is my review of this super fun pick up and play game
    03-10-13 08:30 PM
    With all this said, what are your scores looking like?

Posted via CB10
    Managed to crank my high score up to about 2.5 million. I score games usually around 250000, or 500000, with ups and downs bouncing my range from 100000 to 1.2 million.

There's obviously a lot of luck involved...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 09:16 PM
    has anyone else noticed that when minimized to active frame then open hub or another app and try to go back to fruit blitz it closes?

am i the only one?
    03-10-13 09:26 PM
    has anyone else noticed that when minimized to active frame then open hub or another app and try to go back to fruit blitz it closes?

am i the only one?
    No, this happens to me too.

Posted via CB10
    sushistew likes this.
    03-10-13 09:31 PM

am i the only one?
    I've been emailing the Dev about Fruit Blitz. He's said he's working on a few bugs for the next update, including:

-game crash when minimized to send a message from hub
    -game stuck in pause when minimized on certain screens
    -friends names not showing up after a certain point when friends list exceeds a certain amount

Posted via CB10
    sushistew and matthewgreyling like this.
    03-10-13 09:46 PM
    Managed to crank my high score up to about 2.5 million. I score games usually around 250000, or 500000, with ups and downs bouncing my range from 100000 to 1.2 million.

There's obviously a lot of luck involved...

Posted via CB10
    They probably had a massive multiplier. Maybe on a different device? Puts multipliers on the board more frequently?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 12:43 AM
    They probably had a massive multiplier. Maybe on a different device? Puts multipliers on the board more frequently?

Posted via CB10
    What are you saying?! That Fruity Blitz is intentionally putting BlackBerry users at a disadvantage?! Is it because we are generally smarter, sexier, and everyone wants to have our babies?

Posted via CB10
    sushistew likes this.
    03-11-13 05:53 AM
    What are you saying?! That Fruity Blitz is intentionally putting BlackBerry users at a disadvantage?! Is it because we are generally smarter, sexier, and everyone wants to have our babies?

Posted via CB10
    Hahahaha dont be ridiculous!
    I think it's possible that it runs slightly differently on the different OS'S, then again that might be utter nonsense.
    Either way I can score in the millions
    It's a toss up between this and popcorn ninja. Got popcorn rush on my PlayBook, fricken love that game

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 11:08 AM
    Hahahaha dont be ridiculous!
    I think it's possible that it runs slightly differently on the different OS'S, then again that might be utter nonsense.
    Either way I can score in the millions
    It's a toss up between this and popcorn ninja. Got popcorn rush on my PlayBook, fricken love that game

Posted via CB10
    Well it was confirmed originally that the BlackBerry version was gimped compared to the Apple version. The first update brought us up to par. I can't see what accounts for the difference we see on the leaderboards though. How one group of people is scoring between 50 and 70 million, another group scoring between 1 and 4 million, and another group scoring between 5000 and 50000. Meh.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 11:53 AM
28 12