Hi all,

recently I published my first version of an action game and I want to tell you few things about it

Game Name: Old Tale Battle

Summary: This is a hack & fire (literally) action game where you are killing hordes (they don't look like a horde at the beginning, but later... ) of monsters (skeletons and giant spiders) in a survival mode (more modes are supposed to be done later).

BlackBerry World link: Old Tale Battle .

Age Rating: Teen

Price: Free

Additional info:
    Only one developer is working on this game (which is mean I ). Game play is pretty basic right now, but I'm working on some new features and of course on a current game play improvements (touch controls on Z10/Z30 devices are pretty bad ).

Features that I'm planning to implement in a future (order do not make any sense, they might be implemented randomly ):
    1) Perks (probably similar to Crimsonland's Perks).
    2) More spells (lightning, fire/ice storm, falling anvils, etc.)!
    3) 3D story mode with a third (or first) person camera. I have a pretty long and probably interesting fantasy story in my mind, but implementation of all levels for this story is going to take a looooooot of time.
    4) In-game bonuses (like speed boosting, healing, etc.).
    5) 'Draw rune/spell on a screen to fire spell in a monster' game mode (like 'type word to fire' in Crimsonland).

I'm opened to any suggestions for a game play and/or features that you would like to see in a game.
    I would really appreciate to receive a feedback on how am I doing right now and what should/could be changed/improved in a future.

P.S. current graphics are pretty bad especially in a Menu's screen, but as I said I'm doing all work alone (at least atm), so... well, developers usually are pretty bad artists

P.P.S. I forgot to say that this is more like my hobby, so game development is definitely not my full-time work (at least atm ).
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    11-27-13 11:54 AM
    Thanks for making the game and supporting BB10.
    And offering the game for free! Much appreciated.
    11-27-13 09:06 PM
    This looks something like solomons boneyard, something tells me i'll enjoy this!! downloading!
    11-27-13 09:33 PM
    This looks something like solomons boneyard, something tells me i'll enjoy this!! downloading!
    If you don't know about it dev I suggest you take a look you'll get some great ideas

Follow My Music Channel Please And Thanks|Used To Promote And Share My Journey As An Upcoming Artiste C0001BBA7| Via My Z10
    11-27-13 09:37 PM
    watched it on a youtube, yeah, I might use some ideas from it, thanks for the tip. Any suggestions regarding touch-device's controls?
    I'm thinking about Accelerometer usage, but not sure about usability yet (want to try to do this on this weekend).
    11-28-13 10:03 AM
    watched it on a youtube, yeah, I might use some ideas from it, thanks for the tip. Any suggestions regarding touch-device's controls?
    I'm thinking about Accelerometer usage, but not sure about usability yet (want to try to do this on this weekend).
    Keep the touch simple it's not horrible right now, just needs minor tweaking, accelerometer control might be complicating it

Follow My Music Channel Please And Thanks|Used To Promote And Share My Journey As An Upcoming Artiste C0001BBA7| Via My Z10
    11-28-13 11:53 AM
    Release 1.0.1 is submitted for review on BBWorld.
    Updates:
    1) Loading screen when starting any new level.
    2) Showing current score in game (close to HP bar).
    3) Movement updated (including Touch controls).
    4) Small balance change (changed HP of mobs, etc.)
    5) Now it is possible to turn touch controls on/off in Settings.

bugs:
    - probably new bugs are added
    12-03-13 11:02 AM
    Release 1.0.2 is sent for a review.
    One New Feature Added:
    - Mana and Health now can be restored only by picking up an in-game mana/health bonus.

Basically, now Health and Mana can't be fully restored when character's stats are increased. You need to pick up a health/mana sphere to restore your health/mana.
    01-05-14 08:55 AM
    Release 1.0.3 is submitted to a BB World (so, should be approved today/tomorrow).
    Update:
    - Added one more spell, so now it is possible to choose between a Fireball and Acid Cloud spells. I'm planing to add more spells( and maybe weapons) in a next release.
    SirJes likes this.
    01-25-14 08:19 AM
    Glad to see your still working on this.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-25-14 09:02 AM
    I'm planning to work on this game at least for a year (or so) And as you probably noticed already, new releases typically are going to have some small (but most probably nice) changes. Plus I still want to add a 'Story Mode', so... still lot of things to do
    01-25-14 11:34 AM
    Release 1.0.4 is published. It is a really small update. I just added another spell: Anvil's shield.

However, as you might notice here https://github.com/kashin/OldTaleBattle/tree/story_mode I've started to look at a 'story mode' which is probably going to be a turn-based game mode with cut-scenes, dialogs, more or less (most probably less :-D ) good story, etc.

btw, I just realized that this is an open sourced project. Also, if you have a github account - feel free to submit feature requests/bugs there. That will help me to spend more time on this project.
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    02-25-14 03:15 PM
    Will download!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 11:21 PM