Well, the games that KidCabooze have on his Z10 sure don't look impressive. Ancient iOS titles, a couple of cheap knockoffs and some generic classics that there probably are hundreds or thousands of an all sorts of platforms.

Guess the best advice for OP is to get an iPod Touch to tie him over, until the situation improves...
    Buying an iPod Touch may not be such a bad idea. One thing I noticed is that whenever I play games on the Z10 is that the battery is awful. I don't know about everyone else but I need my phone for work, and killing my battery for games would be irresponsible.
    04-11-13 03:18 PM
    Buying an iPod Touch may not be such a bad idea. One thing I noticed is that whenever I play games on the Z10 is that the battery is awful. I don't know about everyone else but I need my phone for work, and killing my battery for games would be irresponsible.
    I find whenever I use my Z10 for anything, ie any app, it kills my battery.
    It's terribly inefficient battery wise if you're using apps, although seems to be quite good with emails and things as it's not a separate app per se.

I think this will be worked on as the OS progresses, at the moment the battery drain in games and apps is worse than I've ever encountered on any other OS. Not seeing QNX's efficiency boost at all.
    04-11-13 03:31 PM
    If you really want games that bad you should consider buying a toy or gaming platform like Playstation Or iphone :P

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:36 PM
    If you really want games that bad you should consider buying a toy or gaming platform like Playstation Or iphone :P

Posted via CB10
    So if you want games get an iOS device, customisation get an Android or legacy BBOS, email get legacy BBOS, for productivity legacy BBOs or Android, battery life get a Razr Maxx.
    Why exactly should someone get a BB10 device?
    04-12-13 02:55 AM
    What I really meant is iphone is a toy in line with Playstation

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:03 AM
    What I really meant is iphone is a toy in line with Playstation

Posted via CB10
    Then you lose insta credit for the tired toy line.
    As a toy it does more business functions better than the Z10 at this point.
    The whole tools not toys bit should lead to an auto ban.
    04-12-13 09:07 AM
    There's role playing games, there's sports games, big movie tie ins like the awesome looking new Iron man game, boxing games, cowboy MMO shooters, just awesome stuff for everyone.
    Basically everything you list here (minus the boxing) is a Gameloft title, and they're pumping out new BB10 games at a rapid clip. I would count on most of those kinds of games arriving on BB10 sooner than later. If you're looking for more adult games right now, NOVA 3, Devil's Attorney, The Bard's Tale, Need for Speed: Undercover, and Anomaly Korea are good places to start. I've got a bunch of others on my top games list.

The general sentiment I'm catching here is that this not-iPhone isn't an iPhone, and therefor it sucks. If you're setting the unrealistic expectation for the app selection to be on par with iOS out of the gate, obviously you're going to be "appalled" by the dearth of games out there. At GDC and PAX East, it was like pulling teeth trying to get developers to show Android builds of games, nevermind BlackBerry or any other third mobile platform. The fact is, game developers go to iOS first because it's a proven market. A lot of developers never leave that bubble and make a perfectly happy living. That said, I'm impressed that BlackBerry has been able to get this many high quality, recognizable developers on board for BB10 so far. It's way, way too early to be panning BB10 for not having every single title you're looking for, or for not having high-quality platform exclusives. Hell, I would even be hard-pressed to think of any notable Android-exclusive games.

The point is, there are plenty of ways to have fun on BlackBerry 10 - the selection and quality isn't nearly as dire as you're making it.
    04-12-13 10:22 AM
    Basically everything you list here (minus the boxing) is a Gameloft title, and they're pumping out new BB10 games at a rapid clip. I would count on most of those kinds of games arriving on BB10 sooner than later. If you're looking for more adult games right now, NOVA 3, Devil's Attorney, The Bard's Tale, Need for Speed: Undercover, and Anomaly Korea are good places to start. I've got a bunch of others on my top games list.

The general sentiment I'm catching here is that this not-iPhone isn't an iPhone, and therefor it sucks. If you're setting the unrealistic expectation for the app selection to be on par with iOS out of the gate, obviously you're going to be "appalled" by the dearth of games out there. At GDC and PAX East, it was like pulling teeth trying to get developers to show Android builds of games, nevermind BlackBerry or any other third mobile platform. The fact is, game developers go to iOS first because it's a proven market. A lot of developers never leave that bubble and make a perfectly happy living. That said, I'm impressed that BlackBerry has been able to get this many high quality, recognizable developers on board for BB10 so far. It's way, way too early to be panning BB10 for not having every single title you're looking for, or for not having high-quality platform exclusives. Hell, I would even be hard-pressed to think of any notable Android-exclusive games.

The point is, there are plenty of ways to have fun on BlackBerry 10 - the selection and quality isn't nearly as dire as you're making it.
    +1

I'd also like to add game exclusivity is something that has been being phased out in the gaming industry in general. Most exclusive titles are either timed ones or first party owned. That being said I expect the same to happen to the mobile industry as it keeps maturing it won't happen over night but it will happen.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 01:32 PM
    100,000 games? Where are they Thurston?

Posted via CB10
    Thurston:
    Disapointment in games-thurston_howell-_iii.jpg
    Thurston Howell III

Thorsten:
    Disapointment in games-thorsten-heins-blackberry-220313.jpg
    Thorsten Heins
    04-12-13 08:27 PM
    I'm not big on games but I am addicted to Angry Birds and I'm ashamed.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-12-13 11:38 PM
    I'm not big on games but I am addicted to Angry Birds and I'm ashamed.

Secret news: you're big on games. Just in denial...
    04-12-13 11:46 PM
    Secret news: you're big on games. Just in denial...
    Caught me!

Haha

04-12-13 11:47 PM
    It would be awesome if all the PlayBook games are on bb10 now. Too bad it's taking the dev's a bit longer to do so.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:20 AM
    Jet pack joyride...can't...stop...playing.
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-13-13 12:55 AM
    I have this big pretty Z10 screen and I've played games for a total of 10 minutes since I've had my phone (almost 2 weeks).

Even though BB10 has been touted as being a great gaming platform, I still can't bring myself to playing games on my phone for very long. Never have, and I doubt I ever will.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:28 AM
    Obviously there are a lot more games available that I didn't include in my pics. Jet pack Joyride and Angry Birds ciuld have been there, except that I personally can't stand them. That's not to say they're not quality games though.

I also prescribe to the "Right game for the right device" mentality. Modern Combat and Nova belong on my console, as COD and Halo. My village builders like Ice Age and Oregon Settlers, big racers like Asphalt, and big adventures like Worldcraft and Dungeon Hunter and Bard's Tale belong on my PlayBook. Little puzzlers, games that only take a couple of minutes to play a round, they're for my phone.

Posted via CB10
    coolpowers likes this.
    04-13-13 07:51 AM
    So, a couple of weeks have passed, and more big titles have dropped into BlackBerry world. I'm probably forgetting some but we've got Spider Man, Batman, Six Guns, Monster Shooter, Plants Vs. Zombies, Game of Life, Hairy Tales, Galaxy on Fire 2, Doodle God and Doodle Devil.

I made the plunge for Batman, and for the price, I've spent less time playing it than it would have taken me to drink that coffee. To Batman's credit though, I DO buy the XL.

I'm thinking these big games don't sell phones either. Everyone I know has a smartphone. Right now, the only reasons I've heard for choosing a brand have something to do with the brand their friends have. Candy Crush, Tapped Out, 4 Pics 1 Word, Songza, Facetime (which no one I know has actually tried, but if they wanted to they could), Pinterest, Instagram, Skype (and the other social medias). I have however got a bunch of people hooked on Asphalt 6 for the PlayBook (but that's besides the point).

At the end of the day, hard core gamers are an extreme minority, I think. On a mobile device, there's more money to be made off these little blobs of colour, and kittens (especially kittens), 6 to 12 month old titles, and titles to which there are so many varieties and copies because one of those varieties became the most popular game in the world.

That might be why we don't see hundreds of clones of Gameloft games. I think Gameloft stands as an example to most developers as what not to do, which I think is being reflected in some of their more recent titles. These big games are now being broken down into bite size servings, which results in a giant game that few want to play.

Why buy a Z10 over any other device with the game situation as it currently is? I'm a hardcore gamer, and I don't usually play a game because my friends are playing it. If I want to invest a full hour into a game, I'll play my PS3 because Gameloft can't hold a candle to companies like Bethesda, Infinity, Activision, and Nether realm. And besides, I haven't played a single Gameloft game that has actually been optimized for any BlackBerry device. If I want racing or village builder games, I'll use my PlayBook. My phone is for 5 minute games. Super Hexagon, Pinfall, Doodle God and Devil (more features than on the tablet), Visual Connection and Combo Pics, Amazing Breaker, Sudoku United and Qbism.

I play these so frequently that I have no urge to even touch a console or PC. Though I have a holster, my Z10 spends more time in my hand than anywhere else. That's why I own a Z10. Why do you?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 04-28-13 at 03:27 PM.
    04-28-13 09:31 AM
    I think the biggest disappointment in terms of games on BB10 is that games that were on Playbook aren't there. There are tons of great games that aren't available on BB10 that I loved on the Playbook. The original Angry Birds trilogy, Muffin Knight, Dead Space, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Kami Retro, Pocket RPG (this is a big one for me, I played so many hours on Playbook), Cut the Rope, etc, etc.

Even without going into the game selection of competitors, there's a lot to be desired.
    04-29-13 05:26 AM
    Well, I bought the Z10 as an investment. It was pretty clear to me on release that the phone wasn't ready. New device, new OS, it had been delayed at least twice already, and I figure BlackBerry had no choice but to release this time.

A lot of games, in fact most of the ones I loved on the PlayBook were immediately available. Obviously it's not just as simple as "Make them Available". The games and apps have to be formatted at the very least for the screen dimensions. There is also the issue of BB10 integration, getting the proper look, feel and functionality to go with the rest of the device. From what I've read, BlackBerry hasn't made all ofbthe APIs available for devs yet, and probably for good reason. We may have a lot of devs holding off to be able to integrate apps and games properly into the HUB, or have them running in the background without an active frame. Add the cascades interface (which I personally love in any app or game on my Z10) on to the development and port time too.

In the meantime, now is a great time to explore what's available because of the lack of Android/iPhone heavy hitters. We have a growing list of small to mid level, independent devs, who actually listen to users, and respond to inquiries, interests and critiques. And many of them manage to make appropriate mobile apps and games, that feel perfectly designed for BB10, rather than some cluncky hatchet job Gameloft sloppy second, or some Android runtime placeholder.

For an extra boost of BlackBerry optimization, check out the Built for BlackBerry category. Almost every one of 10Tons games can be found here, usable on both PlayBook and Z10 with one purchase. For overall quality, compared to anything I've seen on any platform, 10Tons sets the bar. Scientific fact.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 04-29-13 at 10:40 PM.
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-29-13 08:46 AM
    100,000 games? Where are they Thurston?

Posted via CB10
    There are tons of games available for both bb10 and playbook.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-03-13 05:48 AM
    I agree with you, Kid, about game format. It's silly for publishers to try to jam PC/console games onto phones. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Tablets less so, but even then, I still cringe every time those dual virtual joysticks pop up. To Gameloft's credit they seem to have recognized that with the new Iron Man game. They could have made another open world game like Spider Man and Batman, but they opted for a bite-sized endless runner format for the new one.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-04-13 08:52 PM
    I disagree with this thread. There are many games worth playing. But a few games would be nice,

GTA
    Subway surfers
    Tapped out
    Fifa 13
    Temple run

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 05:06 PM
    Just waiting for Modern Combat 4 other than that my game needs have been met. I don't even play games much on my phone but for long trips its convenient.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-13-13 01:27 AM
    Just waiting for Modern Combat 4 other than that my game needs have been met. I don't even play games much on my phone but for long trips its convenient.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Modern Combat 4 by Gameloft was released in BB World this morning, in case you didn't know yet.
    $0.99 for now, and weighing in 1.1GB of your device memory.

Screenshots look terrific.
    05-14-13 05:12 PM
    Between Modern Combat, Galaxy on Fire, Angry Birds Star Wars, Tomb Escape, Super Hexagon, Jetpack Joyride, Six Guns and Pocket Ninjas, I would ask you a question...
    05-14-13 09:14 PM
50 12