100,000 games? Where are they Thurston?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:04 PM
    Moved to BB10 Games.

I believe it's 100,000 Apps, NOT 100,000 games.
    04-09-13 09:17 PM
    Never did he say ANYTHING about 100000 games, not even apps. It was promised that at least 70k applications would be available at launch, and it was. He also never said anything about the quality of the games that are there either (although I personally think the game selection is decent).
    04-09-13 09:45 PM
    I don't think they committed to game numbers but yeah I do find the game selection very disappointing.
    Seems to be aimed at teenagers and pre teens.
    Not sure if they have a clearly defined target group for these devices.
    I cast envious glances at the Android blogs I still subscribe to, the gaming selection really trounces BB10.
    04-10-13 06:22 AM
    I'm having a great time with Angry Birds Star Wars. Check it out if you are a Star Wars fan.
    04-10-13 08:33 AM
    Yeah, BlackBerry 10's selection of games is pretty poor. It doesn't help that many of our games are tied up in the PlayBook.

I'm disappointed that we are back to playing the game of "It will get better soon "
    I might consider buying a 3DS, Vita or iPod Touch.
    04-10-13 12:28 PM
    So what type of games are you looking for?

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-10-13 01:19 PM
    I'd be happy with football manager.
    The new iron man game looks sweet too.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 01:31 PM
    give me dark knight rises!!
    04-10-13 01:33 PM
    I think it would be nice to get Fruit Ninja games, Plants vs Zombies, all the other games that are on PlayBook but haven't made it over to BlackBerry 10.

The Square Enix games would be nice too, as would Minecraft and Temple Run. GTA would also be great.
    04-10-13 02:19 PM
    give me dark knight rises!!
    This is actually coming soon.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    04-10-13 02:36 PM
    This is actually coming soon.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    I know, it was announced that it was going to be released in March, we are still waiting...
    04-10-13 02:43 PM
    I know, it was announced that it was going to be released in March, we are still waiting...
    It will come out sometime this week.
    04-10-13 02:51 PM
    I'm not disappointed at all in the games we currently have. A solid selection for a new platform by any standard. Now if we could just get plants vs zombies all my ginger needs will be met

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    04-10-13 05:59 PM
    I'm not disappointed at all in the games we currently have. A solid selection for a new platform by any standard. Now if we could just get plants vs zombies all my ginger needs will be met

Wasn't it released but it isn't available for North American users? Or is it another EA game im thinking of?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:14 PM
    Looks like we just got a big player, gameloft. Shouldn't be long before more come rolling in.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/26384873

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    04-10-13 08:38 PM
    I have no problem with the collection so far, I find myself playing a bunch of games each week. More and more keep coming each week, so keeps me busy.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:40 PM
    Who is this Thurston you speak of? Perhaps that's why he didn't deliver???

Posted via CB10
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    04-10-13 10:14 PM
    Wasn't it released but it isn't available for North American users? Or is it another EA game im thinking of?

Posted via CB10
    It was and it wasn't. I think for a few markets it was but I can't even find that listing now. I am of the opinion that someone at blackberry or ea hit a button before the should have.

04-11-13 12:56 AM
    Disapointment in games-img_00000289.png
    Disapointment in games-img_00000290.png
    Disapointment in games-img_00000291.png

Start with these. Focus on four per month, and that should get you through a year.

Many of the devs behind these games are active on Crackberry, and openly discuss ideas, criticisms and suggestions. Most of these productions are very high quality, more so than the popular games people play simply because they're popular, and the big games that look good but should have stayed on a console.

Many of these games are also free. Snoop around, test em out, check the Game Announcement forum to find the devs that are listening to you... and with that in mind, show a little consideration before you condemn BlackBerry's gaming ecosystem.

Not being spoonfed isn't a reason to complain about an empty stomach. (Snap, I just thought that up myself!)

Posted via CB10
    nezr, lexsteryo, Elite1 and 4 others like this.
    04-11-13 07:26 AM
    Disappointed? Seriously? I've played a lot of games on Android and iOS, and I've been pretty impressed with the titles BlackBerry has managed to wrangle this early on. Sure, there might be a few big names missing, but there are hours upon hours worth of high-quality gameplay currently available. If you're bored with your Z10 already, you're doing it wrong. Besides, the phone's been out in the U.S. for what, two weeks? Let a few sell so developers can identify a viable market before they devote resources to porting.

So, I've got a few questions for anybody disappointed... Which specific games are you looking for? How long do you keep a game installed on your phone? How many games do you buy on average a month? The reason I ask is because my general sense is that folks are getting hung up on a few select titles, and yet are fickle enough to not give what's currently on BB10 more than a token amount of playtime.
    Last edited by Simon Sage; 04-12-13 at 09:51 AM.
    04-11-13 01:24 PM
    I would have to say that I am quite happy with the selection of games on the Zed10 I have been playing Angry Birds, Oregon Trail, Nova, Asphalt, Need for Speed, just downloaded SpiderMan and have more just cant list them all. Defenitly not the right title for this, maybe try I'm missing xxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxx, xxxxxx games instead of generalizing it and saying they all suck.
    04-11-13 01:46 PM
    I am disappointed in you for making this thread
    Elite1 and dcbo89 like this.
    04-11-13 02:13 PM
    Well, the games that KidCabooze have on his Z10 sure don't look impressive. Ancient iOS titles, a couple of cheap knockoffs and some generic classics that there probably are hundreds or thousands of an all sorts of platforms.

Guess the best advice for OP is to get an iPod Touch to tie him over, until the situation improves...
    bobauckland likes this.
    04-11-13 02:36 PM
    Disappointed? Seriously? I've played a lot of games on Android and iOS, and I've been pretty impressed with the titles BlackBerry has managed to wrangle this early on. Sure, there might be a few big names missing, but there are hours upon hours worth of high-quality gameplay currently available. If you're bored with your Z10 already, you're doing it wrong. Besides, the phone's has been out in the U.S. for what, two weeks? Let a few sell so developers can identify a viable market before they devote resources to porting.

So, I've got a few questions for anybody disappointed... Which specific games are you looking for? How long do you keep a game installed on your phone? How many games do you buy on average a month? The reason I ask is because my general sense is that folks are getting hung up on a few select titles, and yet are fickle enough to not give what's currently on BB10 more than a token amount of playtime.
    I actually try not to read Android blogs anymore because the apps and games make me feel bad.
    I had a load of fun games on my Android device, but went back to Football Manager often, sports games have longevity.
    There's role playing games, there's sports games, big movie tie ins like the awesome looking new Iron man game, boxing games, cowboy MMO shooters, just awesome stuff for everyone.
    Look up at the list of games posted by the earlier poster.
    Look at the types of games, kittens, blobs of color, just overall they seem targetted at people that should be using a LeapPad, that iPad for kids thing, rather than a 'professional device'.
    You cannot sell this device on it's gaming selection as it's quite appalling. Autumn Dynasty is decent, but it's not platform exclusive is it?

Well, the games that KidCabooze have on his Z10 sure don't look impressive. Ancient iOS titles, a couple of cheap knockoffs and some generic classics that there probably are hundreds or thousands of an all sorts of platforms.

Guess the best advice for OP is to get an iPod Touch to tie him over, until the situation improves...
    Very true, those screenshots actually made me shake my head, I didn't want a single game on the list.
    04-11-13 02:48 PM
50 12