AKA: BB10 games sell better than W8, but still are really bad.

Quote taken from Mobilesyrup
    "Also of interest is that, during a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything), the game studio�s director said that its BlackBerry 10 versions are selling better than its Windows 8 Store versions:

The games on Windows 8 Store are not selling so great. In fact, we make a lot more in sales off the BB10 games than we do off Windows Store games (and the BB10 games aren�t even selling all that great). Which frankly surprised us, because we had really high hopes for Windows Store, but I think the app discoverability is pretty terrible there."

Ride the waves: Riptide GP2 coming to Android on July 23rd, iOS soon after | MobileSyrup.com
    07-18-13 07:07 PM
    "Also of interest is that, during a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything), the game studio’s director said that its BlackBerry 10 versions are selling better than its Windows 8 Store versions:

The games on Windows 8 Store are not selling so great. In fact, we make a lot more in sales off the BB10 games than we do off Windows Store games (and the BB10 games aren’t even selling all that great). Which frankly surprised us, because we had really high hopes for Windows Store, but I think the app discoverability is pretty terrible there."
    Ouch, that's pretty brutal regarding the last sentence.

It's always great to hear the BB10 version of a game is doing relatively well.
    But too bad to hear a dev disappointed in their results on any platform when they've gone to the effort of releasing on all 4 platforms.

Thanks for sharing!
    07-18-13 07:42 PM
    Not what I was expecting, hopefully they will continue to support BB10

Sent from my SGH-I317M using CB Forums mobile app
    07-19-13 01:43 AM
    I've heard both sides. There are a lot of variables.
    07-19-13 02:05 AM
    Theres only roughly 3m bb10 out there as compared to windows8 and we still are doing better.. imagine if the Q5's come out and the A10.. thats more bb10 in the market!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 02:15 AM
    I've heard both sides. There are a lot of variables.
    Yes, and remember this is anecdotal.

I'm sure it's true, but it's still specifically about 1 particular dev's experiences.
    07-19-13 10:30 PM
    . . .time to buy some vector games????
    07-19-13 10:34 PM
    . . .time to buy some vector games????
    Based on app world top Paid and Top Grossing, they are pretty high up the list.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 11:24 PM
    They are too damn good!
    07-29-13 06:36 PM
    Their problem is that they have a game (riptide) that they charge for, and then another (Beach Buggy Blitz) that is basically the same game, only free... Also, in their free game you have to be looking to find their in-app payments, so I doubt that they make much money off of it. I'm guessing that the people who would buy into the smaller ecosystems would also be those who would research their app purchases before they purchase, or at least enough to notice that they can get the same game for free.
    07-30-13 12:12 PM
    They are high quality games and deserve to do well. I don't like in-app purchases and try to avoid them. Charging a reasonable amount for a game is better (in my opinion)
    07-30-13 12:39 PM
    BlackBerry users spend the most out of any platform too bad the numbers of users aren't there to help that just yet.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    08-01-13 02:07 AM
    I think it's because you can pay with PayPal. Android is only credit card and in my country (Netherlands) we almost never use a creditcard. So a lot people don't have it, that means Android is missing a lot of money from our country and probably more countries. On iOS you have to buy cards I believe, I'm not sure but that system also isn't that great. So the easiest way to buy apps is on BB10. That would explain it a bit. Am I right?

Posted via CB10.1
    08-01-13 07:48 AM
    I think it's because you can pay with PayPal. Android is only credit card and in my country (Netherlands) we almost never use a creditcard. So a lot people don't have it, that means Android is missing a lot of money from our country and probably more countries. On iOS you have to buy cards I believe, I'm not sure but that system also isn't that great. So the easiest way to buy apps is on BB10. That would explain it a bit. Am I right?

Posted via CB10.1
    You can use a credit card on iOS, though I guess that doesn't help you much. Both Android and BB10 allow for carrier billing, and Android also lets you use Google Wallet (which I think works with debit as well as credit cards). I'm probably missing a few, but each platform has many different options.
    08-01-13 08:19 AM

Posted via CB10.1
    seems like most users on most ecosystems use a credit card primarily . . .I think second largest is pay though carrier billing . . . I forget where I read it though . .most likely one of those VisionMobile studies. . .
    08-01-13 08:25 AM