Hi everyone,

I was using my BlackBerry Z10 to browse the Google Play store (using Snap) a few hours ago and noticed "Angry Birds Stella" was just released... so I downloaded it and installed and it loaded perfectly! That was the APK file version directly installed and played. You can see my quick video below.

Meanwhile, I went into BlackBerry World and noticed it was available in there too! Yippee! Good to see it released for everyone through the official channels! Looking at the app though, I am pretty sure it is a repackaged APK converted to a BAR but either way it runs smoothly due to the amazing runtime on BlackBerry. So there you have it! Install it through BlackBerry World or download the APK using Snap, or even from Amazon Appstore (it's there too!!!). It runs beautifully and is FREE.

09-06-14 12:11 AM
    Nice to know that BB has released it too. Some people feel better getting their apps from BBW instead of going the Amazon route
    09-06-14 07:43 AM
    The version in BlackBerry World is NOT An apk converted to bar and has nothing to do with the android runtime. It's 100% native. People need to realize this. If you're not sure if it's a native or android port, swipe down from the top bezel and see if the "show bar" option appears. Sorry to rant, but there are still new native apps and games being released for BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 08:02 AM
    The version in BlackBerry World is NOT An apk converted to bar and has nothing to do with the android runtime. It's 100% native. People need to realize this. If you're not sure if it's a native or android port, swipe down from the top bezel and see if the "show bar" option appears. Sorry to rant, but there are still new native apps and games being released for BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Haven't tried loading the apk but the native version runs just wonderful.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    09-06-14 11:17 AM
    Why load an apk or download an android version when a native one is available? I know some may do it because the native one has lesser features but in this case, it's the same so a native version should take precedence.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-06-14 11:54 AM
    Hey the_igg, thanks for letting me know! I'm deleting the APK and downloading from BlackBerry World.... I only downloaded the APK before I realized it was available through BlackBerry World... Glad to see Rovio releasing games for BlackBerry at the same time as iOS and Android. If it is Native, I'm happy they are putting in the extra time and effort to develop and optimize the code and compile for BlackBerry!
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-06-14 01:01 PM
    Its a beautiful game

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    09-07-14 03:20 AM
    Its a beautiful game

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    Fun, too.
    09-13-14 03:41 PM
    Apparently I'm done for now. This is as far as I can go.
    Angry Birds Stella: APK vs. BlackBerry World-img_20140922_193642.png

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    09-22-14 07:39 PM
    Why load an apk or download an android version when a native one is available? I know some may do it because the native one has lesser features but in this case, it's the same so a native version should take precedence.

Posted via CB10
    Not to mention that the native one is most likely better for battery consumption being optimized to run directly with BB10

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:50 PM