Is BB10 done with producing a new phone?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 04:34 PM
    Is BB10 done with producing a new phone?
    It is very improbable that BlackBerry will produce a new BB10 phone.
    08-17-16 04:40 PM
    Definitely nothing for this year. Highly unlikely after that.

*ME173X
    08-17-16 08:52 PM
    I don't know how you could make a business case to convince Chen to approve another new BB10 phone.
    08-17-16 09:47 PM
    I'll be less of a nay-sayer than most have been in this thread and elsewhere. If BlackBerry continues to stay in the hardware game with Android phones, meaning that they go forward with these two rumored devices and see some positive results, then I think it becomes possible after that to offer a new bb10 phone. There will have been enough pursuit of Android that a token bone thrown to the BlackBerry 10 crowd won't be criticized. It too could be made by someone else, in keeping with BlackBerry's software posture. On the other hand, i don't think we'll ever see three new bb10 phones out at the same time again, like we did a year ago with Passport, Classic and Leap. Android is indeed the road that BlackBerry will largely follow as long as they keep offering hardware.

Posted via CB10
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    08-18-16 02:00 AM
    Truly unfortunate as I have never know any other phone then a blackberry! My Passport will be the last blackberry to own.

I would have never thought that a phone for business, my only choice is the IPHONE

All because of my CRM used is only available ios. Android is not supported.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 03:12 PM
    Chen himself has noted the common roots of BB10 and Android. Maybe Blackberry eventually will be able to deliver a customized Android that mimics BB10. I love BB10, but if they can reproduce it with an Android phone, I won't be so sad to see BB10 go.

Still, I'll work this Q10 till it dies or I do, whichever comes first.
    09-06-16 10:40 AM
    I'll be less of a nay-sayer than most have been in this thread and elsewhere. If BlackBerry continues to stay in the hardware game with Android phones, meaning that they go forward with these two rumored devices and see some positive results, then I think it becomes possible after that to offer a new bb10 phone. There will have been enough pursuit of Android that a token bone thrown to the BlackBerry 10 crowd won't be criticized. It too could be made by someone else, in keeping with BlackBerry's software posture. On the other hand, i don't think we'll ever see three new bb10 phones out at the same time again, like we did a year ago with Passport, Classic and Leap. Android is indeed the road that BlackBerry will largely follow as long as they keep offering hardware.

Posted via CB10
    I agree but i think the Android strategy will evolve into software only. They will provide security suite and software package for OEMs that give some of the Blackberry experience. i don't see them ever making worthwhile money making android handsets but i do see them eventually returning with their own OS if they can become profitable.
    09-06-16 10:45 AM
    Chen himself has noted the common roots of BB10 and Android.
    [Citation required]
    xandros9 likes this.
    09-06-16 11:32 PM
    The market wants a third player...albeit a difficult one.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    09-21-16 02:08 PM

If the market really wanted a third player, you'd see a third OS with better marketshare. MS has the money and resources and can't really move the needle even with cheap phones since the flood of cheap entry level Android models.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Bay 13 likes this.
    09-21-16 03:27 PM
    Market share starts from 0.

Question is more towards whether anyone wants to be a strong contender.

From the looks of it, no one has the balls.

flelite likes this.
    09-24-16 12:05 PM

Not a Disney movie. Just because someone builds and markets it does that mean people will buy it. Surface phone if and when it ever happens will be proof of this.

09-24-16 04:13 PM
    Absolutely never!!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 01:00 PM
    There may never be any more BlackBerry phones if the KeyOne fails, let alone any BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-17 08:37 PM
    I was just playing Backgammon with John Chen. Chenster said they are stopping all Android phones and going back to BlackBerry 10!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 10:56 AM
    I was just playing Backgammon with John Chen. Chenster said they are stopping all Android phones and going back to BlackBerry 10!!!!

Posted via CB10
    I totally believe you.

Posted via CB10
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-02-17 11:19 AM

Sure, market share starts at 0, but you need to offer something that market wants. Or, in the case of what Apple did, makes the market think it wants.

BlackBerry couldn't do that 4 years ago when it still had a measurable share of the market, and certainly can't now.

Joel
    glwerry likes this.
    07-02-17 12:53 PM
    If the market really wanted a third player, you'd see a third OS with better marketshare. MS has the money and resources and can't really move the needle even with cheap phones since the flood of cheap entry level Android models.

To be fair, all of their lost progress was due to lack of resources being put in, a complete pivot away from mobile, a reboot of mobile during it all, removing features, other mismanagement and Nadella rather having MS work on other things. I don't think Nadella would've kept the Surface line if it didn't take off before he got in the driver's seat.

Of course on the other hand, breaking into a solid third-place footing would've taken earth-shaking resources that MS probably didn't think was worth it.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-02-17 05:13 PM
    To be fair, all of their lost progress was due to lack of resources being put in, a complete pivot away from mobile, a reboot of mobile during it all, removing features, other mismanagement and Nadella rather having MS work on other things. I don't think Nadella would've kept the Surface line if it didn't take off before he got in the driver's seat.

Of course on the other hand, breaking into a solid third-place footing would've taken earth-shaking resources that MS probably didn't think was worth it.
    Yes and no. What could they do? Try to offer the same experience as Android or iOS? Why? They needed to be different, and they didn't get the marketshare. I think that MS had spent more than enough on that.

Posted via CB10 using my  Q10!
    08-13-17 02:25 AM
    Yes and no. What could they do? Try to offer the same experience as Android or iOS? Why? They needed to be different, and they didn't get the marketshare. I think that MS had spent more than enough on that.

Posted via CB10 using my  Q10!
    I think MS spent too much time under Ballmer trying to make the PC experience the same as the mobile experience (which was as absolutely stupid approach). All that did was seriously hurt the PC side and did nothing for the mobile side.

Nothing wrong with integrating mobile and desktop usage - that's the way it is now, but the interface has to account for the difference in the usage environment equally. Win 8 was initially a step too far. Then they had to spend the next three years and all of Win 10's life fixing it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-13-17 01:49 PM

BlackBerry hardly to produce BlackBerry OS phones .
    09-08-17 07:05 AM
    I would love to see BlackBerry Os new phones.. please BlackBerry we need you

Posted via CB10
    05-09-18 12:28 AM
    Me too...

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    05-16-18 02:03 PM
    I would love to see BlackBerry Os new phones.. please BlackBerry we need you

Posted via CB10
    Uhhhhhhh - you DO realize that BB has officially put out the "end of life" roadmap already, correct?

That horse is completely dead.
    05-16-18 04:00 PM
29 12