What will be the successor phone of the Q10? Obviously the Passport offers a different BlackBerry-experience. The Classic is the successor phone of the Bold 9900. So what will BlackBerry do to please the Q10-lovers?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 03:43 AM
    What will be the successor phone of the Q10? Obviously the Passport offers a different BlackBerry-experience. The Classic is the successor phone of the Bold 9900. So what will BlackBerry do to please the Q10-lovers?

Posted via CB10
    I think we have to keep our babys for a long time.
    I just hope the Q20 will be with removeable battery(!!) and premium materials like the Q10.
    For the record- We as a company bought Classic to support BlackBerry and give it for example to my Vice but thats all. I am waiting for a succesor of the Q10!

Posted via Q10Bold
    hlg8888 likes this.
    02-03-15 04:07 AM
    That is one of the biggest disadvantages of the Classic - it looks and feels soooo cheap!!!
    Only the Q10 and the Passport are the premium devices of BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and hlg8888 like this.
    02-03-15 07:25 AM
    What T-F are you smokin ??
    That is one of the biggest disadvantages of the Classic - it looks and feels soooo cheap!!!
    Only the Q10 and the Passport are the premium devices of BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 07:36 AM
    Quite a few people think that and are not going for the Classic! And to answer your question: Gauloises!

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    02-03-15 07:48 AM
    Need to change fast !!
    Quite a few people think that and are not going for the Classic! And to answer your question: Gauloises!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 10:44 AM
    what are u smoking?!? Any recommendations?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 11:05 AM
    No, the Classic actually IS the successor to the Q10. It just incorporates features from the 9900.

Same keyboard, bigger screen, bigger battery, better processor.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    02-03-15 01:00 PM
    No, the Classic actually IS the successor to the Q10. It just incorporates features from the 9900.

Better processor? How?

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-03-15 01:21 PM
    You want a new, third, physical keyboard model?
    02-03-15 01:29 PM
    Q20 ( classic )

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 02:31 PM

Hehe NO!
    No removable battery, cheap back, the screen is better on the Q10,...processor?how?..nothing is better on the Classic- ok the toolbelt is an addition but not better(the 9900 toolbelt was better- bigger trackpad etc). !!
    So no! The Classic for me is a piece of s#*#t.
    I bought the Classic but just to support BlackBerry and I hope they bring a real Q10 succesor with Premium materials and removable battery...size of the Q10, maybe a touch PK like the passport BUT 4 ROW!!! etc etc.
    Posted via Q10Bold
    02-06-15 04:55 PM
    I totally agree with Q10BOLD

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 01:40 AM

Umm, no it isn't the successor to the Q10. Classic has similar, if not weaker specs than the Q10 and a toolbelt which most Q users find useless and a waste of space. Please don't insult the Q10 by saying the Classic is its successor.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    02-07-15 04:47 AM
    Umm, no it isn't the successor to the Q10. Classic has similar, if not weaker specs than the Q10 and a toolbelt which most Q users find useless and a waste of space. Please don't insult the Q10 by saying the Classic is its successor.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    I love how people take things said about a phone so seriously and personally.

You may not like the Classic, but in BlackBerry's grand scheme it is intended to be the successor to the Q10.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    02-07-15 05:13 AM
    I love how people take things said about a phone so seriously and personally.

You may not like the Classic, but in BlackBerry's grand scheme it is intended to be the successor to the Q10.

I love how people assume and make a fool of themselves.

1) I never took anything personally.
    2) I never said I don't like the Classic. I like it a lot I just don't find it an upgrade to the Q10.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    02-07-15 05:24 AM
    I love how people assume and make a fool of themselves.

1) I never took anything personally.
    2) I never said I don't like the Classic. I like it a lot I just don't find it an upgrade to the Q10.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    I haven't assumed anything.

When you say that it is an "insult" to your Q10 to call Classic an upgrade that's taking it personally.

Once again, whether you "feel" the Classic is an upgrade to the Q10 or not isn't the issue. BlackBerry consider the Classic to be the successor to the Q10.

Last edited by crazigee; 02-07-15 at 07:45 AM.
    02-07-15 05:29 AM
    I haven't assumed anything.

When you say that it is an "insult" to your Q10 to call Classic an upgrade that's taking it personally.

Once again, whether you "feel" the Classic is an upgrade to the Q10 or not isn't the issue. BlackBerry consider the Classic to be the successor to the Q10.

No, they consider the classic an upgrade to the Bold 9900. Get your facts straight.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    02-07-15 09:20 AM
    No, they consider the classic an upgrade to the Bold 9900. Get your facts straight.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    My facts are straight because they aren't being colored by my personal views.

While the Classic is meant to convert Bold users it's also meant as the successor to the Q10. The biggest criticism of the Q10 was that it wasn't more like the 9900 physically, so with the successor to the Q10, they did exactly that. They made a Q10 successor that has the physical feel of a 9900 so that it converts 9900 hold outs and is also a potential upgrade for the current Q10 users.

Are you really suggesting that when BlackBerry created the Q10 they weren't trying to target 9900 users? Of course they were. They just didn't succeed in converting everyone. Therefore they listened to the criticism and made the successor more along the lines of the 9900.

OK. We'll leave it there. You're clearly letting your personal pride in your device color your view.

02-07-15 09:26 AM
    My facts are straight because they aren't being colored by my personal views.

While the Classic is meant to convert Bold users it's also meant as the successor to the Q10. The biggest criticism of the Q10 was that it wasn't more like the 9900 physically, so with the successor to the Q10, they did exactly that. They made a Q10 successor that has the physical feel of a 9900 so that it converts 9900 hold outs and is also a potential upgrade for the current Q10 users.

Are you really suggesting that when BlackBerry created the Q10 they weren't trying to target 9900 users? Of course they were. They just didn't succeed in converting everyone. Therefore they listened to the criticism and made the successor more along the lines of the 9900.

OK. We'll leave it there. You're clearly letting your personal pride in your device color your view.

It's not called a "successor" when the specs are lower or the same. End of discussion.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    02-07-15 11:03 AM
    It's not called a "successor" when the specs are lower or the same. End of discussion.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    Actually it is. Successor only means newer or to come after. Nothing to do with better, higher, or lower.

So because a new generation car has lower BHP or a smaller engine it's not a successor? Again this is all your personal opinion because you feel a personal connection to your phone and find it "insulting" for anyone to call Classic its successor.

It's what BlackBerry consider the successor to the Q10. Not what you consider it to be.

Last edited by crazigee; 02-07-15 at 12:01 PM.
    02-07-15 11:47 AM
    Actually it is. Successor only means newer or to come after. Nothing to do with better, higher, or lower.

So because a new generation car has lower BHP or a smaller engine it's not a successor? Again this is all your personal opinion because you feel a personal connection to your phone and find it "insulting" for anyone to call Classic its successor.

It's what BlackBerry consider the successor to the Q10. Not what you consider it to be.

You said it yourself. What BlackBerry consider it to be, not you.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    02-07-15 12:10 PM
    You said it yourself. What BlackBerry consider it to be, not you.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    And BlackBerry consider the Classic to be the successor to the Q10. Even if you don't.

Several people have stated in this thread the simple fact that the Classic IS the successor to the Q10. You insist on ignoring that and just want to argue.

I'm done wasting my time with you.

02-07-15 12:25 PM
    And BlackBerry consider the Classic to be the successor to the Q10. Even if you don't.

Several people have stated in this thread the simple fact that the Classic IS the successor to the Q10. You insist on ignoring that and just want to argue.

I'm done wasting my time with you.

Are you forgetting that you don't actually work for BlackBerry? LOL. Sit aside, sit aside.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    02-07-15 12:52 PM
    Are you forgetting that you don't actually work for BlackBerry? LOL. Sit aside, sit aside.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    I did work for them for several years. I still have many friends that do. And that isn't the point. BlackBerry have clearly stated that the Classic IS the successor to the Q10. Clearly you're in denial.

Do you work for BlackBerry? Clearly not. Stop arguing. If you don't feel the Classic offers enough of an upgrade in features and specs to the Q10, then don't buy. But arguing that Classic isn't intended to be a successor to the Q10 is foolish. More that one person is telling you that but they're all wrong and you're right? Enough.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-07-15 06:32 PM
48 12