So, most of us Europeans we got the STL100-1 even if in our countries there is the STL100-2 on sale.
    The result is that I don't see any updates, I have the launch build, and no way to upgrade without hoping for a leak.

Which is the most recent build on the STL100-1? It's old and not updated because it has not launched yet, or it is because none of the European carriers sell it?

If it's the latter, it's a big fail from BlackBerry, how can we update?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:59 PM
    No answer, but there is a thread on the BB support forums tracking this issue.
    04-07-13 05:57 PM
    That sucks, in countries without LTE they get updates.
    I hoped that was just a glitch because it wasn't on sale...

I wonder why BlackBerry has to knee in front of every carrier in the world and wait for their approval on every frickin update.

Most carriers will stop approval after six months... fragmentation at its best...

For example my carrier had the HTC g1 in exclusive, but the latest update released to it was android 1.1 and the keyboard had an unique layout so I couldn't simply flash cyanogenmod
    Carriers are evil, they are masters of planned obsolescence

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 02:04 AM
    I was hoping that they would have been replacing our STL100-1 devices with LTE-enabled STL100-2's.

Instead, it looks like they are working on "whitelisting" the LE Z10's so we will be able to get OTA updates no matter the SIM card inserted in them.

While I like this solution (we should then always be able to get the latest updates without waiting for carriers approval), I am not happy, because I would have preferred to have LTE connectivity on my phone.
    04-08-13 02:47 AM
    -1 here, running 10.0.10.82

There is only another update (.99) but hasn't even rolled for -1 or -2 worldwide, only in ZA.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 03:21 AM
    Actually, I prefer to have my device whitelisted than waiting/hoping updates from the carriers (do you honestly think that TIM is going to release updates after six months? I also remember that for my Samsung i600 the latest version was Windows Mobile 5.0 for TIM but 6.1 for the rest of the world)

Of course, the ideal scenario would be having LTE+updates in iOS style...
    faquick likes this.
    04-08-13 04:19 AM
    -1 here, running 10.0.10.82

There is only another update (.99) but hasn't even rolled for -1 or -2 worldwide, only in ZA.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much every UK carrier has rolled out 10.0.10.90 for their -2 devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 05:15 AM
    But we are talking about STL100-1
    04-08-13 05:40 AM
    But we are talking about STL100-1
    which is the entire point that a -1 in the uk doesn't get the same OS as a (proper official) -2 in the uk
    04-08-13 07:00 AM
    Yes, we know

Because they are not selling -1's, they will never "approve" those firmwares.

Anyway BB representatives around the world are telling us that our LE Z10's will be "whitelisted" so we can get every update directly from BB server without waiting for any carrier approval. This way we should always be ahead Hopefully, at least!
    04-08-13 09:41 AM
    Replacing already "mistaken" stl100-1 with stl100-2 is a bit economically unfeasible and only available for elite members. Probably they will allow latest firmwares as an autoloader.
    04-08-13 10:39 AM
    Yes, we know

Because they are not selling -1's, they will never "approve" those firmwares.

Anyway BB representatives around the world are telling us that our LE Z10's will be "whitelisted" so we can get every update directly from BB server without waiting for any carrier approval. This way we should always be ahead Hopefully, at least!
    we`ll be ahead in OS at least then (or on par) sadly though not only will I not be able to use my 4G contract, but I`ll also waste time EVERY day.
    the -1 has a different cpu/gpu combo which means things taken visibly longer to open and do stuff.

4G isn't `that` big an issue at the moment, but speed of device kinda is
    04-08-13 10:52 AM
    Probably they will allow latest firmwares as an autoloader.
    There is no way that I will upgrade using an autoloader: it does a complete wipe!
    If their fix is "use the autoloader", then it will be instant ebay for my Z10 LE
    04-08-13 12:47 PM
    I still don't know what their fix will be, but I'll be more happy with access to latest autoloaders that some *sh*itty* ota solution
    04-08-13 01:22 PM
    Are you kidding? You prefer to do a complete wipe, wasting hours to restore your data than having the official ota updates?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 01:56 PM
    Yep, I'm serious.
    04-08-13 02:06 PM
    I got an email back from developer relations:

Hi Zeshan,

Apologies for the delay, I am looking into this situation and will get back to you once I can confirm whether or not the devices can be swapped.

Thanks,
    Melanie
    04-08-13 02:16 PM
    Ahahahahahah, I got exactly the same response - twice since April 2. I tried to change stl100-1 to 100-2 before they actually start shipping my LE device.

I got an email back from developer relations:

Hi Zeshan,

Apologies for the delay, I am looking into this situation and will get back to you once I can confirm whether or not the devices can be swapped.

Thanks,
    Melanie
    04-08-13 02:25 PM
    They are not going to release any autoloader. What they are going to do (confirmed by at least 2 people inside Blackberry) is that they are putting all our Limited Edition Z10s (hopefully all of them, not just STL100-1 models) into a "whitelist" in their servers, so we will be able to always get the latest firmware via OTA. At least, that is what they are promising at the moment. It should happen "very soon" (but they have been using these exact words since April 2nd).
    04-09-13 02:58 AM
    Great I believe that's what needs to be done since those devices are in developers hands. Make sense to have them all white listed.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 12:47 PM