The recent CB poll numbers indicate that more than half voted they continue to use a non-android vintage BlackBerry device... even after more than 2 years since the introduction of the Passport SE.

Do you think that BlackBerry would be willing to support the new and updated OS requirements of these new devices?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by TheGraduate; 10-13-17 at 12:31 AM.
    10-12-17 05:45 PM
    no no no....its a dead end.
    10-12-17 05:51 PM
    TCL communications isn’t doing very well right now. I doubt they would sink money into a lost cause. Neither will BB, Ltd.
    10-12-17 06:07 PM
    Even if BlackBerry Limited or BlackBerry Mobile had the resources of Apple, Google or Microsoft they wouldn't and shouldn't do it.
    10-12-17 07:11 PM
    It would be lovely if some company could produce more BB10 and BBOS devices
    ezubeBB2013 likes this.
    10-26-17 03:49 PM
    The recent CB poll numbers indicate that more than half voted they continue to use a non-android vintage BlackBerry device... even after more than 2 years since the introduction of the Passport SE.

Do you think that BlackBerry would be willing to support the new and updated OS requirements of these new devices?

Posted via CB10
    Someone asked for Crackberry to comment on the fact that so many people are still using phones running BB10 or older but I don't think they did! I think they were surprised themselves. Now I see they've organised more Meetups probably in the hope that they can convince people to jump to android f2f!

I'd love for someone with the funds to manufacture BB10 devices but it won't happen.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-26-17 04:53 PM
    Someone asked for Crackberry to comment on the fact that so many people are still using phones running BB10 or older but I don't think they did! I think they were surprised themselves. Now I see they've organised more Meetups probably in the hope that they can convince people to jump to android f2f!

I'd love for someone with the funds to manufacture BB10 devices but it won't happen.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    That's because NOBODY has enough money and resources to make BB10 profitable. Even Microsoft knows a third OS is a lost cause at this point.
    10-26-17 04:57 PM
    That's because NOBODY has enough money and resources to make BB10 profitable. Even Microsoft knows a third OS is a lost cause at this point.
    Oddly enough Microsoft had a much bigger hill to climb than BlackBerry...they were/are polar opposites....Microsoft did/does not have a good reputation for security-reliability on the desktop (monolith kernel)....while BlackBerry has an excellent reputation for security-reliability...RTOS microkernel QNX and other goodies......of course Microsoft would have had to throw much more money at it to stick to the wall, than BlackBerry would have had to. Microsoft goes big or goes home. BlackBerry never had that problem....they just grossly overestimated demand and or poorly executed marketing at launch of bb10 (though apps gap didn't help the upside) which ran them into a lot of problems.
    11-11-17 01:43 AM
    Oddly enough Microsoft had a much bigger hill to climb than BlackBerry...they were/are polar opposites....Microsoft did/does not have a good reputation for security-reliability on the desktop (monolith kernel)....while BlackBerry has an excellent reputation for security-reliability...RTOS microkernel QNX and other goodies......of course Microsoft would have had to throw much more money at it to stick to the wall, than BlackBerry would have had to. Microsoft goes big or goes home. BlackBerry never had that problem....they just grossly overestimated demand and or poorly executed marketing at launch of bb10 (though apps gap didn't help the upside), and some not quite ready for prime time aspects to an otherwise excellent OS, which ran them into a lot of problems.
    11-11-17 01:46 AM