dear sir
    Built quality by tcl is very poor,they are just look like. toys,
    I had purchased BlackBerry android by tcl one is dtek60 and the other one is key one, very second day I sold them out,because of poor quality, and the second the android os is very junkie,
    BlackBerry. had taken a very nasty decision to stop manufacture bb10 device, BlackBerry 10 devices have professional look, and very solid built quality
    BlackBerry 10 os is very easy to use and secured
    BlackBerry please rethink about your 10 device, if you reenter in to market, in near future you will be roaring like lion

Posted via CB10
    You could always start a petition. They are all the rage right now
    04-17-18 11:01 PM
    Tell me, what other TCL device looks like the Keyone? Or even the Motion?

Yes. The two Detks were rebranded existing devices, but thats not really "copying" when it's your own device. The Priv, also an android device, wasn't copied either, nor was it even a TCL device.

So, only 2 out of 5 BlackBerry android devices are simply "rebranded" TCL phones, 2 others are new designs with no look-alikes, and the Priv is an original non-TCL phone. Your statement of "all" is a bit of an overreach.

As for going back to BB10 phones... hey, that sounds like a wonderful idea. Why don't you write a letter to Chen outlining your idea, how they could grab several million dollars out of the air to rehire the several hundred developers they laid off a few years back and re-buy all the buildings they sold off several years ago. You should include a revenue stream of several million a quarter immediately to offset that BB10 restart cost. Also, you can explain how this will be profitable this time, when BB10 was a drain of several million a quarter last time and nearly bankrupted them. Copy the Board of Directors at BlackBerry and it should be easy to convince them.

Come back and let us know how you did.
    Well BB10 is Qualcomm, and Adobe Reader Mobile Technology. The OS, Cascades are nice sure, getting a little old though. Give it a few years, hell even now you could build one yourself from parts bought online. Range of material quality.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-18 02:23 PM
    nothing, never, and nop

 Passport RED Edition 10.3.32163
    07-28-18 07:14 AM
    Yes. I don't need a lot of apps.

I'd be happy with a LYFT app, and an app to check transit schedules (But I can get that via website(s) like NextBus.com ) and a copy of WAZE.com perhaps.

If BlackBerry added other innovation, there could be some cool must have features down the line. For example: I'd love it if I could have my Passport Card digitized and be able to just waive my BlackBerry at a TSA checkpoint scanner.

Maybe some Electronic-Customs & immigration declarations forms or airport Visa holding apps that could facilitate being able to use my phone to digitally move through airports quicker and more securely. Google's Android makes me nervous because it is basically designed to give as much data and information possible to Google for aggregating & research. Something BB10 was not design to do.

Yes they should keep something on BB10. I don't like Android, else I would have gone Android long ago.
    Last edited by Digital_Islandboy; 07-29-18 at 10:40 PM.
    07-29-18 09:39 PM
    OMG !!!!!!!!! Seriously?????? If BBMo/TCL had the money to pay BB to develop BB10, it would be much better spent on BBAndroid devices. You could have a Key2 ProFlagship, Key2, Key2LE, PRIV2, Key1.5Mini and Motion2 and MotionPro. You could sell all of them @ $99 promo for 12 months. Additionally, you would probably still have couple billion left for humanitarian relief efforts promotion and Verizon whitelisting for 10 years. #areueffinkiddinme
    07-29-18 10:59 PM
    The recent CB poll numbers indicate that more than half voted they continue to use a non-android vintage BlackBerry device... even after more than 2 years since the introduction of the Passport SE.

Do you think that BlackBerry would be willing to support the new and updated OS requirements of these new devices?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry should. There's no magic money in Android. Just look at Sony Ericsson, HTC, LG, Barnes & Noble Nook, over a dozen + companies have access to Android so why is BlackBerry going to earn a ton of money on "Android" when others aren't? HTC was the first one to bring devices to Android and where are they now? After Microshaft bought Nokia and killed it dead dead deead with their God awful looking Window mobile with the funny squares that looked like a Rubik's cube on drugs Nokia went back to Android..... https://www.nokia.com/en_us/phones/android

It still isn't really saving them. Android isn't magic. There's nothing magic to it. Even Motorola came back after Google bought them and announced they would go Android. IT isn't saving them either.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=JTK-D75J

NVidia launched a gaming platform on Android the Sheild. It isn't really holding its own against Xbox or Nintendo or the SonyPlaystation's, etc. Android isn't where the "money" is. Samsung is making money because money is in the hardware and innovation that you bring in your devices.

Android is just a medium you have to bring innovation which is what Samsung is doing while Apple watches on. Apple now looks to Samsung for inspiration or next moves when it was the opposite before. And yes Sony Ericsson, Nokia, Samsung, and a few other all used to be Symbian Operating system before Android came along.

Some made it in "Android" and some didn't. HTC was the first one out-of-the gate on Android (on T-Mobile), but try to find an HTC Android phone now.
    Last edited by Digital_Islandboy; 08-04-18 at 01:53 PM.
    08-04-18 01:39 PM
    BlackBerry should. There's no magic money in Android. Just look at Sony Ericsson, HTC, LG, Barnes & Noble Nook, over a dozen + companies have access to Android so why is BlackBerry going to earn a ton of money on "Android" when others aren't? HTC was the first one to bring devices to Android and where are they now? After Microshaft bought Nokia and killed it dead dead deead with their God awful looking Window mobile with the funny squares that looked like a Rubik's cube on drugs Nokia went back to Android..... https://www.nokia.com/en_us/phones/android

It still isn't really saving them. Android isn't magic. There's nothing magic to it. Even Motorola came back after Google bought them and announced they would go Android. IT isn't saving them either.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=dyRrqId7

NVidia launched a gaming platform on Android the Sheild. It isn't really holding its own against Xbox or Nintendo or the SonyPlaystation's, etc. Android isn't where the "money" is. Samsung is making money because money is in the hardware and innovation that you bring in your devices.

Android is just a medium you have to bring innovation which is what Samsung is doing while Apple watches on. Apple now looks to Samsung for inspiration or next moves when it was the opposite before. And yes Sony Ericsson, Nokia, Samsung, and a few other all used to be Symbian Operating system before Android came along.

Some made it in "Android" and some didn't. HTC was the first one out-of-the gate on Android (on T-Mobile), but try to find an HTC Android phone now.
    There’s money for BB supporting BBAndroid since TCL is paying the bill. There’s no potential in BB10 since no OEM wants to license and pay the bill.
    08-04-18 05:06 PM
    There’s money for BB supporting BBAndroid since TCL is paying the bill. There’s no potential in BB10 since no OEM wants to license and pay the bill.
    Actually, ultimately the bill is *always* paid by the end-consumer. We shall see the sales reports going forward for BBRY-Android. I bought my Key2 in June to help the company, but its on my shelf. I am ordering a Q20 Classic instead.
    08-04-18 08:07 PM
    Actually, ultimately the bill is *always* paid by the end-consumer. We shall see the sales reports going forward for BBRY-Android. I bought my Key2 in June to help the company, but its on my shelf. I am ordering a Q20 Classic instead.
    TCL can try and recoup it’s licensing costs from end-consumer but it pays to BB regardless, so BB is getting paid either way. BB10 just doesn’t have anywhere close to enough users to pay for BB10 development.
    08-04-18 09:29 PM
    No need for that, otherwise the passport would be lagged by the new software update if there's better bbos10 device out there.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-18 02:00 AM
    No need for that, otherwise the passport would be lagged by the new software update if there's better bbos10 device out there.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry didn't really push BB10 all that much. I bought the Q10 right out of the gates when it first came out in T-Mobile. The next device which came out was a Step down the Q5. Which was like a Q10 lite. So I thought 'great' they're going after the price conscientious people too. So I didn't buy the Q5 not my demographic.
    Then years go by with no new Bold looking device for BB10. A few more 7s came up but they told everyone to get familiar with 10. Then finally the Q20 comes along but it wasn't really a step up. It had a few new tweaks here and there but not much new innovation to it. So I figured great they must be coming up with something soon, They came out with a micro tablet of 7 inches. That thing is tiny. I push it in my jeans pocket sometimes it is that small. Nothing larger was released. Then they shut the line down. BlackBerry stopped listening to the end-consumer long ago. All the rest were phones under the non-Bold area which was BB's bread and butter design. I didn't want a windowed phone that looks like all the Androids out now i.e. Z10, Z3, Z30 etc. I had the money on the table BlackBerry/RIM just didn't want to work for it.
    08-18-18 08:05 AM
    BlackBerry didn't really push BB10 all that much. I bought the Q10 right out of the gates when it first came out in T-Mobile. The next device which came out was a Step down the Q5. Which was like a Q10 lite. So I thought 'great' they're going after the price conscientious people too. So I didn't buy the Q5 not my demographic.
    Then years go by with no new Bold looking device for BB10. A few more 7s came up but they told everyone to get familiar with 10. Then finally the Q20 comes along but it wasn't really a step up. It had a few new tweaks here and there but not much new innovation to it. So I figured great they must be coming up with something soon, They came out with a micro tablet of 7 inches. That thing is tiny. I push it in my jeans pocket sometimes it is that small. Nothing larger was released. Then they shut the line down. BlackBerry stopped listening to the end-consumer long ago. All the rest were phones under the non-Bold area which was BB's bread and butter design. I didn't want a windowed phone that looks like all the Androids out now i.e. Z10, Z3, Z30 etc. I had the money on the table BlackBerry/RIM just didn't want to work for it.
    First, BB spent practically all their money on BB10 and initial rollout of Z10 and Q10. Both devices and BB10 were such abysmal failure at launch that BB stopped marketing because it was cheaper than eating carrier returns from consumers. The devices sold, yep, just people returned them when they weren’t Android ecosystem competitive.

It was over then for hardware. Everything afterwards was merely BB getting rid of components already purchased in advance. That’s why Qs and Zs have so many of the same components. Names changed from Qs and Zs to rehash more components out to same buyers. It was over in 2013 when people realized Android/IOS offered better ecosystems.
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-18-18 08:26 AM
    First, BB spent practically all their money on BB10 and initial rollout of Z10 and Q10. Both devices and BB10 were such abysmal failure at launch that BB stopped marketing because it was cheaper than eating carrier returns from consumers. The devices sold, yep, just people returned them when they weren’t Android ecosystem competitive.

It was over then for hardware. Everything afterwards was merely BB getting rid of components already purchased in advance. That’s why Qs and Zs have so many of the same components. Names changed from Qs and Zs to rehash more components out to same buyers. It was over in 2013 when people realized Android/IOS offered better ecosystems.
    Which then argues they would have sold phones that did not try to be great, did not try to be innovative nor do something new, and basically blamed it on BB10 acquistion.

There's not much remarkable between a Q10 and a Q20("Classic") so why would I rush to buy a Q20 after already having a Q10? And if you're correct and people returned their Q10 why would the company think basically serving the same soup twice (only warmed over a little bit) would sell again under a new name? Proof management would be trying to inflict own pain.

The company gave away their dominance they once had by not creating a device to bridge an easy transition between OS6-7 to 10. And then thinking they would have dominance in a completely unrelated operating system within a mere 3 years. The company did not give BB10 a fair chance. They doomed it to fail.
    08-23-18 01:45 AM
    Which then argues they would have sold phones that did not try to be great, did not try to be innovative nor do something new, and basically blamed it on BB10 acquistion.

There's not much remarkable between a Q10 and a Q20("Classic") so why would I rush to buy a Q20 after already having a Q10? And if you're correct and people returned their Q10 why would the company think basically serving the same soup twice (only warmed over a little bit) would sell again under a new name? Proof management would be trying to inflict own pain.

The company gave away their dominance they once had by not creating a device to bridge an easy transition between OS6-7 to 10. And then thinking they would have dominance in a completely unrelated operating system within a mere 3 years. The company did not give BB10 a fair chance. They doomed it to fail.
    The company gave BB10 all the chance they could. BB money ran out. They were broke. There wasn’t anymore cash for BB10 and nobody would give them anymore money for BB10.
    skrble and pdr733 like this.
    08-23-18 06:10 AM
    The company gave BB10 all the chance they could. BB money ran out. They were broke. There wasn’t anymore cash for BB10 and nobody would give them anymore money for BB10.
    Money comes from selling a good phone. Else. Who is licensing Samsung's phones? Nobody. Who's licensing Apple's iPhone? nobody. If you make a good device in demand that does what people want it should theoretically sell. If you come with a cookie cutter mindset and roll out the same design year after year you cannot expect not to go broke.
    08-24-18 05:27 PM
    Money comes from selling a good phone. Else. Who is licensing Samsung's phones? Nobody. Who's licensing Apple's iPhone? nobody. If you make a good device in demand that does what people want it should theoretically sell. If you come with a cookie cutter mindset and roll out the same design year after year you cannot expect not to go broke.
    Surely you know the differences here....
    08-24-18 05:38 PM
    If there is no vibrant App ecosystem; the quality of the phone doesn't mean a thing.
    08-24-18 05:48 PM
    If there is no vibrant App ecosystem; the quality of the phone doesn't mean a thing.
    How many apps on iPhone and android do you actually use all 365 days of the year? I have a lot of apps on my iPhone but when I took stock I could delete half and probably not even be impacted.
    08-30-18 10:39 AM
    How many apps on iPhone and android do you actually use all 365 days of the year? I have a lot of apps on my iPhone but when I took stock I could delete half and probably not even be impacted.
    That's a pointless argument.
    If people cannot get key applications, they will jump ship.

I am an example. I had a Classic. My employer started using Google apps; I could use Cobalt's fine patches to use the apps that I needed.
    My employer upgraded to dual-factor authentication for the Google apps. I could still use the email but couldn't get other critical Google apps to work with the new authentication.
    Google Play Services was then unavailable to me.

One app, but it pushed me to BB Android. It's an app I use almost daily, mostly on vacation, to support work systems where I'm the only support. So, it's not like you have to use an app 365 days a year for it to be a deal-breaker.

In regards to your argument, if you looked at the 1/2 of your iPhone apps that you DO use and many of those apps were unavailable, then wouldn't you look at moving to a platform where those apps WERE available?

So, in my case I left a very solid BB10 phone largely because of the "app gap".
    It's a REAL consideration, despite how you sneer about it.

As a matter of fact, doesn't the fact that you HAVE an iPhone undercut your argument? If you are really so happy with BB10 despite its lack of apps, then why are you carrying an iPhone?
    pdr733 and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    08-30-18 11:35 AM
    And, to the point just made by @glwerry...

Of the half you kept, how many of those have working BB10 variants.

Maybe they all do, but just curious.
    glwerry and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    08-30-18 01:51 PM
    That's a pointless argument.
    If people cannot get key applications, they will jump ship.

I am an example. I had a Classic. My employer started using Google apps; I could use Cobalt's fine patches to use the apps that I needed.
    My employer upgraded to dual-factor authentication for the Google apps. I could still use the email but couldn't get other critical Google apps to work with the new authentication.
    Google Play Services was then unavailable to me.

One app, but it pushed me to BB Android. It's an app I use almost daily, mostly on vacation, to support work systems where I'm the only support. So, it's not like you have to use an app 365 days a year for it to be a deal-breaker.

In regards to your argument, if you looked at the 1/2 of your iPhone apps that you DO use and many of those apps were unavailable, then wouldn't you look at moving to a platform where those apps WERE available?

So, in my case I left a very solid BB10 phone largely because of the "app gap".
    It's a REAL consideration, despite how you sneer about it.

As a matter of fact, doesn't the fact that you HAVE an iPhone undercut your argument? If you are really so happy with BB10 despite its lack of apps, then why are you carrying an iPhone?
    Actually I got an iPhone 6 because I had wanted to try something new. T-Mobile kept pushing it and I got one. The iPhone has been 'tried' at the insistence of my mobile carrier and I am going back to BlackBerry. I don't need all the apps and I find I tolerated my iPhone rather than loved it.

If I need to fill an "app gap" it looks like I can easily get a $199-$299 IPod Touch and possibly connect it to the internet via Bluetooth tether to my Q20 BlackBerry Classic. Still cheaper than spending ~$1,000 on a full iPhone X (or beyond). For now enjoying what 10.3.3. looks like SOOO much better than the version T-Mobile left off at on the Q10.

--

Warren Buffett: The iPhone is 'enormously underpriced'
    23 hours ago
    https://www.rt.com/business/437337-w...ne-underpriced
    Last edited by Digital_Islandboy; 08-31-18 at 08:34 AM.
    08-30-18 09:00 PM
    Touché.
    08-30-18 09:47 PM
    Actually I got an iPhone 6 because I had wanted to try something new. T-Mobile kept pushing it and I got one. The iPhone has been 'tried' at the insistence of my mobile carrier and I am going back to BlackBerry. I don't need all the apps and I find I tolerated my iPhone rather than loved it.

If I need to fill an "app gap" it looks like I can easily get a $199-$299 IPod Touch and possibly connect it to the internet via Bluetooth tether to my Q20 BlackBerry Classic. Still cheaper than spending ~$1,000 on a full iPhone X (or beyond). For now enjoying what 10.3.3. looks like SOOO much better than the version T-Mobile left off at on the Q10.

--

Warren Buffett: The iPhone is 'enormously underpriced'
    23 hours ago
    https://www.rt.com/business/437337-w...ne-underpriced
    Ok. Valid.
    I'm not very familiar with it iPod, but I can say that iPads are very satisfactory - I've had one for several years and quite like it. I had moved from a Playbook only to get a larger screen for showing photos and have since grown to really like them.
    08-31-18 08:43 AM
    Would you please send it to me? I would like to try it out. You can have it back after I'm done
    I feel you tho, I'm typing this from my classic, and I consider it the best phone I ever had so far.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-18 09:59 AM
    Would you please send it to me? I would like to try it out. You can have it back after I'm done
    I feel you tho, I'm typing this from my classic, and I consider it the best phone I ever had so far.

Posted via CB10
    Kudos to you. I just had a minor revelation.
    I went from a Classic to a PRIV because I couldn't get Google Play Services to work with my corporation's dual factor authentication. Not going to slam anyone for loving a Classic.

It's a bit like I'm a muscle car fan: I would love to park a '69 Charger in my drive way.
    I also have a bit of understanding for the people who want the "old days" of cars because you only needed a crescent (adjustable) wrench and a flat-head screwdriver to maintain one.
    I literally helped a fellow dis-assemble the carb on an original '57 Chevy at the side of a road in Northern Saskatchewan - he had a flat-head screwdriver and a set of combination wrenches! He had a MOSQUITO stuck in his venturi tube!
    Pretty cool.

But ... I drive a modern fuel-injected / computerized truck. Why? Partially because I do NOT miss the days where I had to figure out how many times I had to pump the gas pedal on my carborated car depending upon how cold it was outside. I also like having air bags.

So, to each their own.

Maybe I can still get that Charger and slap a fuel injection unit on it .... hmmmm
    Digital_Islandboy likes this.
    08-31-18 10:34 AM
86 1234