Hey everyone!

This is my first app for bb10! It's essentially a reminders app designed to manage those gazillion tasks of your daily life into a single coherent view on your phone. Here you can sort them by various filters, add more of them, delete them, edit them and even share them! There's no steep learning curve or even any complex things to learn. It's easy as 1-2-3!

Screenshots located at the end!

Hope you enjoy my app, do spread the word about it!

You can follow my blog in my sig or this thread for future updates!

Reminders app-s9.jpgReminders app-s6.jpgReminders app-s3.jpgReminders app-s7.jpgReminders app-s4.jpgReminders app-s1.jpgReminders app-s8.jpgReminders app-s5.jpgReminders app-s2.jpg
    Last edited by ingeniumed; 01-13-13 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Revamped explanation
    12-01-12 08:02 PM
    My only problem with it is clicking "Complete" is one step too many, should just have a button to move to complete.

Also maybe add a due date so you can sort by what's due first.

Otherwise solid app, good job.
    12-01-12 11:36 PM
    I may not have any Dev Alpha device, but I do well with giving design advice.
    Maybe make them color coded because having one solid color kind of makes it plain...my Professor in Instructional Design of Multimedia is always griping about how apps or websites seem to always look a little plain on phones. Just a suggestion. Like umm the Incomplete section could be red as like to Alert the user (red light, stop sign etc) that they have something Incomplete. Completed could be the color green, but wait that doesn't really go with anything...hmm play around with colors for this one, lol.
    12-02-12 02:07 AM
    My only problem with it is clicking "Complete" is one step too many, should just have a button to move to complete.

Also maybe add a due date so you can sort by what's due first.

Otherwise solid app, good job.
    That's a great suggestion! In my next update I shall move it to make it a one access click. Thanks a ton for the feedback and for testing it!
    12-02-12 05:19 PM
    I may not have any Dev Alpha device, but I do well with giving design advice.
    Maybe make them color coded because having one solid color kind of makes it plain...my Professor in Instructional Design of Multimedia is always griping about how apps or websites seem to always look a little plain on phones. Just a suggestion. Like umm the Incomplete section could be red as like to Alert the user (red light, stop sign etc) that they have something Incomplete. Completed could be the color green, but wait that doesn't really go with anything...hmm play around with colors for this one, lol.
    Yup I understand what you mean. I m still figuring out the best col our scheme because I don't wanna make it dull nor too flashy. A decent and elegant mix is what I am aiming for. Thanks a lot for the feedback!
    12-02-12 05:21 PM
    Try adding categories/tags to the tasks.

Then, the Tags can be used to add some colour and you can add a field to organize by tag.

Great work though!
    12-03-12 11:49 AM
    Nice app, is it integrated with the Hub and/or the start screen?
    12-05-12 05:18 AM
    Not yet, the beta 4 version of cascades doesn't yet allow that integration to happen. Hopefully the gold SDK would allow that.
    12-05-12 06:25 AM
    Submitted an update today adding bbm integration and a help page. Also added in a link to my tumblr page where I'll post updates to this app and links to my other apps that I hope to make.
    12-09-12 11:38 AM
    Updated to 1.0.3 today! Removes ads (), revamps the help page and changes the developer name in the app. This change in name has led to two icons being shown on the screen after updating. I apologise for this and request that you remove the app before updating it.
    01-05-13 05:37 PM
    My next update - 1.0.4 will switch the entire reminder storage method to notebooks! This will add search capabilities and notifications based on date. The downside to this will be the deletion of existing data, hence I am hoping to get this through before the formal launch of bb10.
    01-05-13 05:42 PM
    if possible can you add an "IN PROGRESS TAB" ?
    01-06-13 09:55 AM
    if possible can you add an "IN PROGRESS TAB" ?
    Hmm but wouldn't that be similar to incomplete though? I am currently in the process of a major revamp to make it use notebooks because that allows multiple lists with notifications done by the OS. In it I hope to revamp the filtering options so these suggestions are really welcomed! Hopefully I can allow custom filters like in progress
    01-06-13 10:12 AM
    In addition, I was curious how many of you would be willing to pay for such an app: Multiple notebooks with multiple list items in it. Each list item has it own status, description, date due, attachments, sharing options. Cloud service integration will also be on the way. I am thinking around $0.99
    01-06-13 10:14 AM
    Hmm but wouldn't that be similar to incomplete though? I am currently in the process of a major revamp to make it use notebooks because that allows multiple lists with notifications done by the OS. In it I hope to revamp the filtering options so these suggestions are really welcomed! Hopefully I can allow custom filters like in progress
    Was just wondering if you could. I don't know if its just me but I categorize stuff to be done into three. 1. Tasks, 2. In Progress and 3. Completed. Because almost every other reminder app only has two option which are complete and incomplete.1- are the tasks you have to do but havent started yet. 2- are the reminders /tasks that are in progress but not yet completed and 3- are the tasks/reminders completed.

OR

Another way is that you could put percentages beside the reminder. For example the " Groceries" reminder have two tasks under it first is to "buy tomato" then second is to "buy potato". When you check/tick (i also suggests you make it into a tickbox) buy a tomato. The "Groceries" reminder will have a 50% accomplished beside it.

Just a suggestion though.
    ingeniumed likes this.
    01-06-13 01:55 PM
    Was just wondering if you could. I don't know if its just me but I categorize stuff to be done into three. 1. Tasks, 2. In Progress and 3. Completed. Because almost every other reminder app only has two option which are complete and incomplete.1- are the tasks you have to do but havent started yet. 2- are the reminders /tasks that are in progress but not yet completed and 3- are the tasks/reminders completed.

OR

Another way is that you could put percentages beside the reminder. For example the " Groceries" reminder have two tasks under it first is to "buy tomato" then second is to "buy potato". When you check/tick (i also suggests you make it into a tickbox) buy a tomato. The "Groceries" reminder will have a 50% accomplished beside it.

Just a suggestion though.
    Oh, I now see what you mean. I like both of them, they are great suggestions for a reminder's list! It would give you a overall view of how much you have accomplished, how much is left and what's in progress in both numbers and text. Thanks a ton for the suggestion! I shall use this in my next update. That one will be delayed due to BB10 launch, university opening and a big switch in the way the data storage works.
    01-06-13 03:53 PM
    I like the app!! Easily one of the best task list apps for BB10 so far

Suggestions:
    • Nicer splash screen
    • there is a white box between the title and the incomplete/completed buttons, not sure what that is for
    • The Active frame - can it show the top/latest/next due item in the list?

Reminders app-reminders-small-.png
    01-06-13 04:59 PM
    I like the app!! Easily one of the best task list apps for BB10 so far

Suggestions:
    • Nicer splash screen
    • there is a white box between the title and the incomplete/completed buttons, not sure what that is for
    • The Active frame - can it show the top/latest/next due item in the list?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reminders (Small).png 
Views:	33 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	130478
    Thanks, that means a lot

It was supposed to be an ad banner but I didn't really like the way it looked so i removed it in my latest update. Yup that's on my to-do list as well, revamping the splash screen! That's going to be in my next update when I introduce notifications using dates.
    kuffkuff likes this.
    01-06-13 05:08 PM