Let me start by saying I love my q10. I have had it since the week it came out, and don't know what I would do without it. I have vigorously looked into the passport, but thought of another phone concept/idea. I am curious to hear what you think of it:

What if BlackBerry created a q10 with the touch enables gestures of the Passport keyboard? For example, we would still get the same look and feel (keyboard wise too) as the original q10, but able to use the gestures as seen on the passport, such as scrolling, word selection when typing, deleting whole words, etc. The keyboard is a third of the phone, and I feel it would be nice to be able to keep the look and feel of a small, compact phone of the q10 (and the BlackBerry cornerstone keyboard) but with touch enabled keyboard so along side the keyboard shortcuts, so that the q10 would be a deadly combination and give us the best of both worlds (slightly older and new). This would also be similar to the Classic, but no tool belt as the keyboard would be the optical scrolly ball and with bb10, I feel you wouldn't necessarily need the rest of the buttons. I find myself loving the size of my q10, but would love to fully utilize the keyboard as you would on the passport (while retaining the customary BlackBerry keyboard layout).

Of course, since it would be a newer device, a quad core w/ 3GB ram, and better screen resolution would be a given upgrade along with the keyboard.

**(that and possibly a slightly larger screen...not too much, otherwise, you might as well get the passport).

I am open to any ideas/comments/ feedback. It's just an idea I thought of.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 05:20 PM
    +1000 but not a bigger screen. Q10 is perfect as is size wise just would like a bump in internals.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 07:22 PM