Since there's like 50.000 posts in this thread now:

Is there or is there not something newer AND better than Autoload.10.0.09.2372.0x04002607.exe for Dev Alpha B?
    03-06-13 08:59 PM
    I've downloaded two of the autoloader files from the new location in NZ, and have unzipped them both.

However, whenever either of them are run, the first time they run it pauses for about 20 seconds presumably running some code, and then a cmd dialogue box very briefly pops up for about half a second and then disappears and then that's it!! The second time you run it, the cmd box pops up more quickly, but still disappears in less than a second and doesn't seem to run.

I've tried running both the:

Autoload.10.0.10.261.0x04002607.exe
    and
    Autoload.10.0.9.2372.0x04002607.exe

They both behave in exactly the same way - and I've tried running the exe with the Dev Alpha A device attached via USB cable and with it disconnected. The install advice on the emac page says to run it, and then attach the device when the "connect to rom" message appears in the dialogue box, but I can't even get that far!

Am trying to run the autoloaders on a bog standard HP pc running Win 7 Pro - so there really shouldn't be any issues there....

Am I doing something really stupid and missing it? Both zip files downloaded fine and without issue and appear to be complete. Indeed, I only downloaded the 2372 version when the 261 version displayed these non-running characteristics and I figured it must be a problem with the exe itself - am really scratching my head about them both not running!

Help! I really want to get a full version of BB10 running on my Dev Alpha device! The developer install from late Jan really sucks hairy balls....
    Last edited by rjsdavis; 03-07-13 at 07:09 AM. Reason: subscribe to replies!
    03-07-13 07:06 AM
    Since there's like 50.000 posts in this thread now:

Is there or is there not something newer AND better than Autoload.10.0.09.2372.0x04002607.exe for Dev Alpha B?
    Yes, they're all here:

BB10 OSes ← Open Source BlackBerry – OSBB

BUT - as you can see from my post - I'm struggling to actually the autoloader to run....
    03-07-13 07:13 AM
    I was in Vietnam and I also have an update 10.0.10.82 on Z10 STL100-1
    03-07-13 05:41 PM
    I've downloaded two of the autoloader files from the new location in NZ, and have unzipped them both.

However, whenever either of them are run, the first time they run it pauses for about 20 seconds presumably running some code, and then a cmd dialogue box very briefly pops up for about half a second and then disappears and then that's it!! The second time you run it, the cmd box pops up more quickly, but still disappears in less than a second and doesn't seem to run.

and

They both behave in exactly the same way - and I've tried running the exe with the Dev Alpha A device attached via USB cable and with it disconnected. The install advice on the emac page says to run it, and then attach the device when the "connect to rom" message appears in the dialogue box, but I can't even get that far!

Am trying to run the autoloaders on a bog standard HP pc running Win 7 Pro - so there really shouldn't be any issues there....

Am I doing something really stupid and missing it? Both zip files downloaded fine and without issue and appear to be complete. Indeed, I only downloaded the 2372 version when the 261 version displayed these non-running characteristics and I figured it must be a problem with the exe itself - am really scratching my head about them both not running!

Help! I really want to get a full version of BB10 running on my Dev Alpha device! The developer install from late Jan really sucks hairy balls....
    BUMP!
    03-07-13 06:13 PM
    Did you try the earlier leak?

Upgrading Your BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha A or B to the Real Thing (BB10 OS 10.0.10.261)

Upgrading Your BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha A or B to the Real Thing (BB10 OS 10.0.10.261) | pfcsystems
    03-08-13 09:35 PM
    For Dev Alpha A:

Upgrading Your BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha A or B to the Real Thing (BB10 OS 10.0.10.261)
    Upgrading Your BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha A or B to the Real Thing (BB10 OS 10.0.10.261) | pfcsystems
    03-08-13 09:38 PM
    For Dev Alpha A:

Thanks for the reply. This is actually where I started, but the download links to earlier leaks have long since been removed from the servers....
    03-09-13 12:21 PM
    Thanks for the reply. This is actually where I started, but the download links to earlier leaks have long since been removed from the servers....
    Not removed, just blocked. Check OpenSourceBB.com
    03-09-13 02:53 PM
    Amazing! Have seen a Dev Alpha with this "full" OS yesterday and regretted (once again) to have sent back my device too early. Damn...

As Alex said: waiting is the hardest part - although I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about the wait for the LE...
    03-10-13 08:07 AM
    Amazing! Have seen a Dev Alpha with this "full" OS yesterday and regretted (once again) to have sent back my device too early. Damn...

As Alex said: waiting is the hardest part - although I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about the wait for the LE...
    Alec lol.

Posted from my Dev Alpha
    03-10-13 09:24 AM

and

Double BUMP!
    03-11-13 04:26 PM
    N4BB claims a new Leaked: OS 10.0.10.648 For The BlackBerry Dev Alpha this morning. However, the link is spammed.
    Anyone got a good link here?
    03-12-13 08:56 AM
    Double BUMP!
    Seems to be solved - another user has suggested that you can ONLY run the autoloader on a machine where BB Desktop Manager is installed..... (I didn't know that!)
    Last edited by rjsdavis; 03-12-13 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typo
    03-12-13 09:26 AM
    Does the new leaked os work on dev alpha a?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:27 AM
    Has anyone actually got a source location for the new leaked O/S? What version is it?
    03-12-13 10:29 AM
    Anyone tried the new os on Dev Alpha ? What's working/what's not ?
    03-12-13 01:06 PM
    03-12-13 05:27 PM
    Anyone tried the new os on Dev Alpha ? What's working/what's not ?
    I have a Dev Alpha B (STL100-1) and I tried the new version, but only for a quick check, because everything worked as before except the 3G (which is really important for me). When I turned off the Wi-Fi, every application said that try to reload... So back to 10.0.10.261
    03-12-13 05:32 PM
    Personally this is the version for me! Had no problems installing and found everything to be less buggy. This is a Dev Alpha A and there are now fewer graphical glitches, scrolling through contacts works without breaking and I was able to do a full device backup from 10.0.10.261 using Link and have it restore all my music/apps/pictures in about 40mins despite wiping the device using the autoloader.

The web-browser seems better with less graphical glitches too. I've had no problems yet with 3G although it's early days - been using it for about an hour or two.
    03-12-13 05:41 PM
    I've installed successfully onto a Dev Alpha A Device - first major glitch is that you cannot power the device down! It appears to shut down, but a second or two later, it simply boots back up again - what a load of sh1te! Device still won't accept the sim card either which is more annoying that I can talk about.....
    03-12-13 07:09 PM
    Dude hold your horses, is a Dev alpha not a retail product. Is supposed to behave that way. Best thing to do is going to the developers@blackberry forums and report the problem.
    Ranting here won't solve the problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 02:15 AM
    Thanks for everyone's helpful hints in this thread. Sent my dev alpha A back today. Hope to get the LE soon!
    03-13-13 02:23 AM
    Just following up from my previous post. Yes, the device doesn't turn off - Dev Alpha A, although battery life seems to be good considering had I left it on all night previously it would have run out. Still had 40% charge this morning after 8 hours of sleep. There's less free RAM in this build, 300MB currently with the hub connected to Facebook and Twitter and therefore some apps like Instagram in the android runtime don't appear to work and close upon launch. I think this is because of low memory seeing as they worked fine on the last leaked build. All the graphical corruption has gone but the album art for music is all wrong. Unsure if OS or blackberry link problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 03:34 AM
    Dude hold your horses, is a Dev alpha not a retail product. Is supposed to behave that way. Best thing to do is going to the developers@blackberry forums and report the problem.
    Ranting here won't solve the problem.

Posted via CB10
    That's rubbish - none of the earlier leaked o/s's behave in this way. It's a fault.

If "dudes" are happy with major software glitches - then fair enough, but what would be the point in raising this issue with BlackBerry developer support to query major faults in software we're not even supposed to have. Some dude clearly hasn't thought this through.....
    03-13-13 10:36 AM
502 ... 1617181920 ...