Interesting from this,a thought hit my mind what if alpha a is entry,alpha b is mid and the leaked one is high end the specs seem to be that.A-omap 4460,B-omap 4470,leaked krait
    01-13-13 12:08 PM
    Sorry but the dev a was cancelled. Milan was a blackberry torch like device but still running OS 7 albeit with some changes. No conspiracy here. Only the London (dev b) survived out of those three. The dev a is a production ready device that missed its time, the dev b is a newer production ready device in a non production cheap casing. Interesting how the dev a has a 3mp ffc where else the dev b has a 2mp ffc as well.
    01-13-13 01:08 PM
    If RIM was smart they would let these devices live for continued development purposes.

Then again they know who has what device so they would likely allow devices in the hands of more important developers live while killing those in the hands of your basement dev.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-13-13 01:20 PM
    If RIM was smart they would let these devices live for continued development purposes.

Then again they know who has what device so they would likely allow devices in the hands of more important developers live while killing those in the hands of your basement dev.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    Tooling, support and other costs would have been a waste of money so it was smart. Just tells how close to go the dev a was before the leadership crisis.
    This is what they have done in the past which is why I'm hoping for the same result for now. We have a lot of "property of rim" engineering purpose only not for sale devices around the office from all the way back to os4.x that all work fine and have never been bricked or demanded back. But my main point of commenting on this thread was to correct a certain members assertion that the dev a could not be used as a phone even given the right software. Ludicrous.
    Last edited by afhstingray; 01-13-13 at 02:32 PM.
    01-13-13 02:15 PM
    PM'd you
    01-13-13 02:47 PM
    The Dev Alpha A does have a mic.

Proof: Record a video and play it back. If you hear something, post in big bold letters: THE DEV ALPHA A HAS A MIC.
    01-13-13 02:51 PM
    The Dev Alpha A does have a mic.

Proof: Record a video and play it back. If you hear something, post in big bold letters: THE DEV ALPHA A HAS A MIC.
    you seem to be missing the many times i have said there is a mic at the top of the device - opposite side to the headphone jack. THAT is whats recording.
    01-13-13 03:20 PM
    Interesting how the dev a has a 3mp ffc where else the dev b has a 2mp ffc as well.
    it was the correct decision to make. the 3mp camera is an EDOF camera, the 2mp on the dev B is a autofocus. ask any 9900 owner and they`ll say RIM made the right choice
    01-13-13 03:22 PM
    The Dev Alpha A is compatible with the London software. If you have access to internal builds then you can install it on an OMAP Z10, Dev Alpha B or Dev Alpha A. The Dev Alpha A is completely functional with it, including for phone calls. There is a bottom mic on the Dev Alpha A and it works perfectly. The release build for the Qualcomm Z10 is NOT compatible with either Dev Alpha.

I'm absolutely 100% certain of this as I've seen it for myself. I'm a developer living in Waterloo, any guesses how many people I know that work for RIM?
    01-14-13 07:06 PM
    thanks. hopefully BBThemes thinks again before spreading baseless opinions on the hardware. im travelling at the moment but will post pics this weekend. for now heres a pic of the new timer app i found on my iphone. its pretty cool looking, you move that orangey red dot to set the timer.

Possibility of putting final BB10 software on the Dev Alpha's?-bbtimer.jpg
    01-15-13 03:51 AM

I would bet that all of these devices will die off at the same time regardless of the dev, the important ones will have final hardware by that point and as far as everyone else, those people who are actually developing for the platform will have been able to trade in their dead device and those who can't were not using it for its proper purpose anyway.
    01-15-13 04:32 AM
    All alpha and rev B are capable to run the Os which built for London EU. But, we need to find the loader of that OS and avoid to make OTA update.

If you can find the loader, then you install n run it into your alpha or rev b.
    01-15-13 05:28 AM
    Just putting this out there. From the port-a-thon that RIM held in mid-December the reward emails (rewards include Dev Alpha Bs) are supposed to be sent out today. By the time devs get them in hand we're looking at 5-6 weeks after the port-a-thon. The port-a-thon from the 11th of this month where 15,000 apps were submitted was also giving away Dev Alpha Bs. So assuming it takes RIM the same amount of time to process everything (in reality it could be a lot longer due to the sheer volume of apps submitted), devs will not have their devices in hand until the end of February/beginning of March.

So will they kill of the Dev Alpha in the next couple months? In my opinion... no. I believe if they are still seeding devices to devs then they will continue to update the OS for us. But thats just my opinion.
    aragone79 and Adam Zeis like this.
    01-15-13 07:55 AM
    thanks. hopefully BBThemes thinks again before spreading baseless opinions on the hardware. im travelling at the moment but will post pics this weekend. for now heres a pic of the new timer app i found on my iphone. its pretty cool looking, you move that orangey red dot to set the timer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbtimer.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	131392
    lol you call it baseless but not one person has been able to show a dev A making a phone call.

also thats not an iphone, jus so ya know
    01-15-13 10:29 AM
    lol you call it baseless but not one person has been able to show a dev A making a phone call.

I do....ups
    01-15-13 01:46 PM

omgwtfbbq? orly? i didnt notice at alllllz. mybad.

im not going to even bother replying to this as i believe every one else understood my post. after all it was in clear english.

furthermore, im happily making calls with my Dev A. and so are my colleagues with the Dev B. You still haent dropped me a PM. Im happy to film myself answering, and speaking to you on a Dev A. Do you even have a dev a or b? you sound like someone who is really upset he didnt get a Dev so is creating delusions.....
    01-15-13 06:35 PM

im not going to even bother replying to this as i believe every one else understood my post. after all it was in clear english.

furthermore, im happily making calls with my Dev A. and so are my colleagues with the Dev B. You still haent dropped me a PM. Im happy to film myself answering, and speaking to you on a Dev A. Do you even have a dev a or b? you sound like someone who is really upset he didnt get a Dev so is creating delusions.....
    so, you can make a phone calls by using your alpha?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    01-16-13 01:09 AM

i still havent dropped you a pm? errr ok then, why would i of done that?

as for the i didnt get a dev alpha, yea i did think i forgot to pick something up when i was at BBJam in orlando lol.

anyways, i still stand by my facutally correct statement (which would make it not baseless eh) there is not one video or image available of someone making a phone call on a dev alpha A.

also, you posted this in september:
    thanks! is the phone functionality disabled in this beta? i just tried calling myself and i get a ringing tone, but the device itself dosent ring or display anything. pressing the phone icon also does not do anything. Is this normal?
    so yea, you obviously have the phone working.....lol
    Last edited by BBThemes; 01-16-13 at 09:53 AM.
    01-16-13 09:37 AM
    i still havent dropped you a pm? errr ok then, why would i of done that?

as for the i didnt get a dev alpha, yea i did think i forgot to pick something up when i was at BBJam in orlando lol.

anyways, i still stand by my facutally correct statement (which would make it not baseless eh) there is not one video or image available of someone making a phone call on a dev alpha A.

also, you posted this in september:

so yea, you obviously have the phone working.....lol
    that was before we recieved the internal build from RIM. stop making a fool of yourself mate
    01-16-13 12:51 PM
    so, you can make a phone calls by using your alpha?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    yea, battery life isnt the best though. probably not usable as a daily phone unless they come up with a more optimised build which is unlikely. the dev alpha B can be used as a daily phone-my colleague is using it.
    01-16-13 12:57 PM
    that was before we recieved the internal build from RIM. stop making a fool of yourself mate
    all im simply saying that youve come on here saying we should believe you with no proof. wouldnt it be foolish to believe everything without proof?
    01-16-13 01:49 PM
    and what exactly is your evidence that it does not have 2 mics? Im using it as a phone and at least one other poster has seen it being used as a phone. Instead of waiting for this weekend when i get back from travelling and post pics you're still persisting with your incorrect claim.
    Last edited by afhstingray; 01-16-13 at 05:31 PM.
    01-16-13 02:07 PM
    Asuming someone has a build containing the phone how would that be loaded onto the device? My understanding is RIM did a pretty good job in locking the Dev Alphas down?
    01-16-13 03:52 PM
    i didnt install it myself, my company's COO installed it on our devices for us. apparently he used desktop software RIM provided. only runs on windows, thats all i know about how it got onto the devices.
    01-16-13 04:53 PM
    and what exactly is your evidence that it does not have 2 mics? Im using it as a phone and at least one other poster has seen it being used as a phone. Instead of waiting for this weekend when i get back from travelling and post pics you're still persisting with your incorrect claim.
    I keep coming back to this thread to see this discussion still raging.

All I can think is: who cares? Is it really important whether or not it has one, two, or no microphones? They'll be dead pieces of plastic and metal and glass in a few weeks anyway. Let's move on please.
    01-16-13 05:57 PM
502 1234 ...