I haven't had much luck adding my WiFi printer either. Using a Brother DCP-J140W. Not sure what else to try to get it connected.
    02-20-13 12:43 PM
    I haven't had much luck adding my WiFi printer either. Using a Brother DCP-J140W. Not sure what else to try to get it connected.
    I have my HP P1005 add and says the connection is good, but the printer icon on the menu is greyed out. How do I fix this? I just purchased the app 3 days ago.
    02-23-13 02:35 PM
    I have my HP P1005 add and says the connection is good, but the printer icon on the menu is greyed out. How do I fix this? I just purchased the app 3 days ago.
    Can you share a screenshot of the printer settings page ?

Don't forget to enable the printer.

Try to print PDF or PS file.

I'll add photo support (jpg, png...) in a future release.

Nicolas
    02-23-13 02:52 PM

Nicolas
    Attached Thumbnails PlayCloud 10 preview-img_00000008.jpg   PlayCloud 10 preview-img_00000009.jpg  
    02-23-13 03:54 PM
    Hi,

You may to know PlayCloud for the BlackBerry PlayBook. It is designed for the PlayBook and uses the same look & feel that the native applications.
    PlayCloud is build with Air SDK.

Nicolas
    Will it offer full sync. If not will it be able to "copy" of a complete folder to the device. If so can you make it so that it overwrites the existing folder of that name and all files inside. Or at least offer an option to overwrite.
    02-23-13 04:55 PM
    Hi...

After BlackBerry 10 news, PlayCloud 10 news

Some pictures about work...

Attachment 126892 Attachment 126891
    Attachment 126894 Attachment 126893

Then, in the same transfer monitoring views :

Attachment 126890

Note : works with network printer (or network print server as CUPS) using postscript/PDF
    and IPP v1.0 ; 1.1 ; 2.0 ; 2.1 ; 2.2 (Internet Printing Protocol)

Still 2 months to wait.... still 2 months to implement new features

Nicolas
    printing is actually really cool. i have samsung network printer clx 3170. is this going to work with it ? how come this is not available on playbook ?
    02-23-13 05:15 PM

Nicolas
    Nicolas,

The icon became visible in a pdf, but the print failed. Probably something to do with the set up. I'll play around and see what happens.
    02-23-13 05:21 PM
    Nicolas,

The icon became visible in a pdf, but the print failed. Probably something to do with the set up. I'll play around and see what happens.
    For the moment, PlayCloud supports only PDF / PS printer over IPP network protocol. If the printer doesn't support IPP and/or PDF / PS, you need to use a print server on a computer such as CUPS (available on Mac and Linux).

On the video, I have used CUPS on my computer, since my printer is an USB printer. I have also tested with other big printers.

I have downloaded the HP P1005's datasheet, but it seems doesn't support IPP and PDF. Are you using an IPP server ?

Nicolas
    02-24-13 02:31 AM
    printing is actually really cool. i have samsung network printer clx 3170. is this going to work with it ? how come this is not available on playbook ?
    I don't think that your printer supports IPP and PDF/PS.

Nicolas
    02-24-13 02:34 AM
    Will it offer full sync. If not will it be able to "copy" of a complete folder to the device. If so can you make it so that it overwrites the existing folder of that name and all files inside. Or at least offer an option to overwrite.
    Indeed, my first PlayCloud 10 release doesn't support sync. But folder synchronization is in devel and will be released when I will receive my BB10 device to test. (updates are free so don't worried)

Nicolas
    02-24-13 02:38 AM
    Hi everybody,

I'm going to provide a full solution to test printing in the free PlayCloud 10 release with a "test printing" feature.

At last, I'll try to improve this feature, in adding printer discovery (as AirPrint) and in supporting Google Print Cloud.

Nicolas
    02-24-13 02:41 AM
    Hi everybody,

I'm going to provide a full solution to test printing in the free PlayCloud 10 release with a "test printing" feature.

At last, I'll try to improve this feature, in adding printer discovery (as AirPrint) and in supporting Google Print Cloud.

Nicolas
    Cloud Print would be awesome. Or just somehos being able to find printers on the network. Still no luck adding my printer.
    02-24-13 09:10 AM
    Cloud Print would be awesome. Or just somehos being able to find printers on the network. Still no luck adding my printer.
    Indeed, Google Print Cloud is a solution. And I'm going to study to add avahi / mDNS / DNS-SD / Bonjour... to discover printers.

Here a post about PlayCloud 10 and my setup to print.

PlayCloud – Built for BlackBerry 10 | ProgWeb

Nicolas
    02-24-13 11:11 AM
    I have read the review downloaded the app and installed the app on my bbz10 but i can only open local files, any ideas of what i am doing wrong? or is it that i have updated my z10 to the latest updates and playcloud is behind?
    02-26-13 01:40 AM
    I have read the review downloaded the app and installed the app on my bbz10 but i can only open local files, any ideas of what i am doing wrong? or is it that i have updated my z10 to the latest updates and playcloud is behind?
    Indeed, for the moment, to open a remote file, you have to copy in local at first.

I need the final device to do this feature. I wait my Z10 device to continue to devel.

The updates are free. A lot of new features are incoming.

Nicolas
    02-26-13 01:25 PM
    The updates are free. A lot of new features are incoming.

Nicolas

That's wonderful Nicolas. I'm waiting for the id3 tag editor feature, do you post the changelog somewhere so we can see what was added in each new version?
    Thanks Wolf.
    02-28-13 07:40 AM
    That's wonderful Nicolas. I'm waiting for the id3 tag editor feature, do you post the changelog somewhere so we can see what was added in each new version?
    Thanks Wolf.
    In the BlackBerry World, I list all features (so the list is updated). But the description field in the BlackBerry World isn't enough big to put the ChangeLog.

So I'll put the ChangeLog on my CrackBerry thread ( since PlayCloud 10 isn't more a preview ):

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...access-767624/

The ChangeLog is also in the application itself (see help section).

Nicolas
    02-28-13 02:07 PM
    I don't think that your printer supports IPP and PDF/PS.

Nicolas
    Yes the printer works on my network setup. I use, for the most part, Linux and very little Windows. (only for the Z10 now)

The pdf printed from the printer. Not sure what I did, but the pdf is sitting in the tray.
    03-03-13 03:49 PM
    Yes the printer works on my network setup. I use, for the most part, Linux and very little Windows. (only for the Z10 now)

The pdf printed from the printer. Not sure what I did, but the pdf is sitting in the tray.
    If your printer works on Linux, so it should work with PlayCloud. On Linux you use CUPS, share your printer.

Here some info :
    http://www.progweb.com/2013/02/playc...blackberry-10/

Nicolas
    03-03-13 04:03 PM
    Did anyone setup a printer through a work network? I followed all the steps and it gives me errors!
    The host starts with ipp://128.100.*****
    Thanks
    03-07-13 04:51 PM
    I have got my HP P1005 to print and still working on a HP CP1215. Playcloud recognizes both the printers and says they are ready and idle. Both are set up using the ipp:// protocol.
    nicklas79 likes this.
    03-07-13 05:16 PM
    Just printed fine to the CP1215.

Posted via CB10
    nicklas79 likes this.
    03-07-13 09:37 PM
    Keep us up to date! As soon as sync is done for Google drive I will be purchasing!
    03-24-13 07:54 AM
    Keep us up to date! As soon as sync is done for Google drive I will be purchasing!
    updates are free... so you can already use PlayCloud.

The next release will permit to open multi remote document and save (push a new revision on your cloud).
    This feature is a first step for folder synchronisation.

More info here :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...access-767624/

Nicolas
    03-24-13 08:51 AM
    For sugarsync can you sync Z10 photo folder with sugarsync photo folder thus moving/syncing between phone and sugarsync? Automatically?
    03-27-13 07:36 PM
129 ... 3456