Hello,

I am from Holland so my english is not so good (sorry for that)

I have used a couple of BB's in the past years (8900curve/9700bold) now I am using Iphone's..
    I realy want to go back to BB but al them new devices have touchscreen and I miss that good old BB keyboard with a trackpad/ball

Is anybody knowing of there coming new devices with keyboard and a trackpad/ball ??

Thanks for the answers,

b0z4
    10-17-13 09:55 PM
    Nope. On an unrelated matter, I'm looking for a computer with a Cathode Ray Tube monitor. Are any new models having that?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 10:02 PM
    Hello,

I have used a couple of BB's in the past years (8900curve/9700bold) now I am using Iphone's..
    I realy want to go back to BB but al them new devices have touchscreen and I miss that good old BB keyboard with a trackpad/ball

Is anybody knowing of there coming new devices with keyboard and a trackpad/ball ??

Thanks for the answers,

b0z4
    I don't work at BBRY and I don't claim to be an expert, but I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money that a trackball or trackwheel NEVER shows up on a future BB10 device. As for the trackpad, I highly doubt it but it isn't out of the realm of being a possibility. For what it is worth, I have a trackpad app installed on my Q10.. but barely use it.
    10-17-13 10:03 PM
    Hello,

Thanks for the answers,

b0z4
    To the chagrin of some BlackBerry loyalists, no, the trackpad is obsolete. BlackBerry did just release a new BBOS phone (the last one) last month though, so if you want to pick that up I here it's pretty good. But it's still the old BBOS.

By the way, welcome to CrackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 10:05 PM
    You will never see a trackpad on a BB10 phone. Sorry.

The 9720 runs on OS7 and does have a trackpad. If you like the legacy BlackBerry OS, you might like it.
    10-17-13 10:57 PM
    Actually, you know what might be constructive advice? Look into whether a bluetooth enabled user interface device might work. Maybe there is a bluetooth track ball or pocket keyboard that might help you accomplish your goal. However carrying a phone and a user input device together might be cumbersome.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 07:44 AM
    Nope. On an unrelated matter, I'm looking for a computer with a Cathode Ray Tube monitor. Are any new models having that?

Posted via CB10
    lol i fell of my chair with laughter
    10-18-13 07:53 AM
    I would say 100% no but that's my opinion.

If you're set on the trackpad then perhaps pick up a 9900. There's some newer 7.1 leaked builds in the forums.

Hello,

Thanks for the answers,

b0z4
    10-18-13 07:56 AM
    Actually, you know what might be constructive advice? Look into whether a bluetooth enabled user interface device might work. Maybe there is a bluetooth track ball or pocket keyboard that might help you accomplish your goal. However carrying a phone and a user input device together might be cumbersome.

Posted via CB10
    This is going back some but there was a person who had an Apple bluetooth mouse and keyboard paired with their Z10 so it's definitely doeable but, as you mentioned, quesitonably practical..
    10-18-13 10:49 AM
    CRT monitors always had higher resolution and better colour reproduction than LCD monitors. They may not be "cool" or "save the planet" friendly, but they had their purpose, especially in medical imaging and other professional situations.

The trackpad may not have the same flexibility as a touch-screen in terms of general input, but for some things it can't be beat.

Whenever I'm composing an email, I'm usually copying/pasting large blocks of text as I organize my thoughts. It was a breeze to select text with the trackpad+shift key combination. With the touch-screen and the blue handles it's a nightmare.
    10-18-13 11:13 PM
    CRT monitors always had higher resolution and better colour reproduction than LCD monitors. They may not be "cool" or "save the planet" friendly, but they had their purpose, especially in medical imaging and other professional situations.

The trackpad may not have the same flexibility as a touch-screen in terms of general input, but for some things it can't be beat.

Whenever I'm composing an email, I'm usually copying/pasting large blocks of text as I organize my thoughts. It was a breeze to select text with the trackpad+shift key combination. With the touch-screen and the blue handles it's a nightmare.
    Then you'll be happy to hear that you don't have to drag those handles anymore. You can hold Shift and move the text circle to select text, both by tapping the edges to nudge it or dragging it. Much faster. The cut/copy/paste buttons are also moved from the right menu to some hover buttons.

New devices with trackpad and NOT a touchscreen ?-img_00000270.png

"Better a broken promise than none at all" (Mark Twain). Remember that, complainers. Via Q10.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-18-13 11:33 PM
    I suppose that's a 10.2 feature? If so that's a nice addition Anything to make text selection/manipulation easier is good by me.
    10-19-13 12:10 AM
    I suppose that's a 10.2 feature? If so that's a nice addition Anything to make text selection/manipulation easier is good by me.
    In the later builds of 10.2. But nudging the circle doesn't seem to work everywhere. It'll sometimes jump and select half a line.

"Better a broken promise than none at all" (Mark Twain). Remember that, complainers. Via Q10.
    10-19-13 12:20 AM
    I know what u mean
    The 9900 was the best blackberry phone
    Andi thought they would have adapted from that made a fone similar but larger screen
    Unfortunately they find convenience keys very inconvenient

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 07:06 AM