Anyone has any problems with the Android Player in the Dev Alpha A? Stability seems to have regressed in this build.
    12-12-12 10:31 AM
    Changing the APN settings don't work? or you can't find the settings?
    The ability to change it is disabled. You can get to the settings but they are grayed out and you can't input new ones. Which is a problem for some of the prepaid sims that require you to change it.
    12-12-12 10:40 AM
    Just realised BBM for bb10 now includes the 16 new emoticons in BBM7
    12-12-12 10:55 AM
    You can't change the APN settings in this build, only see them. In this case I see "internet.windmobile.ca" (phones use this) when it should be "broadband.windmobile.ca" (data sticks use this, that that's what I configured it with long ago)
    12-12-12 03:14 PM
    Always remember the device is a DEV ALPHA not a final BB10 device... you should know that.
    12-12-12 07:27 PM
    Still experiencing issues with the browser, though BBM seems to be fine. Android apps are as stable as the last build. I enjoy the font of the new keyboard, and the typing seems to be slightly better because of this (keyboard has changed overall). Transitions are much smoother and visual effects seem to be in final or near final stage. Overall a good build, though I do wish the browser would be more like the previous build.
    12-13-12 07:56 AM
    Always remember the device is a DEV ALPHA not a final BB10 device... you should know that.
    Indeed. But it would be nice to test on the full experience and not just part of it.

The APN lock down has me wondering if they will be doing that on the final device and software load. As a way to nudge into the carrier blackberry plans. Of course I'm probably being paranoid and they are just doing it because these aren't supposed to be anything more than just test devices.
    12-13-12 08:25 AM
    After updating my Dev Alpha A, I lost my bluetooth ( https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...35344300_n.jpg ), rebooted and it died.
    I've tried to load the OS with Autoload-DevAlpha-10.0.09.1675, no luck, it does not come back.
    Suggestions?
    12-13-12 09:19 AM
    I kind of don't like the new font on the keyboard, and think that the popup on the keys is too big (can see pixelation even when the phone is near my lap). Native apps do seem to be smoother and load better though
    12-13-12 10:28 AM
    Update: its just me or the android player is no longer working .
    12-13-12 05:55 PM
    After updating my Dev Alpha A, I lost my bluetooth ( https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...35344300_n.jpg ), rebooted and it died.
    I've tried to load the OS with Autoload-DevAlpha-10.0.09.1675, no luck, it does not come back.
    Suggestions?
    Same issue after success install I reboot the device now won't turn on.
    12-13-12 07:06 PM
    Update: its just me or the android player is no longer working .
    I was asking above as to whether or not anyone is having problems with the Android player. Something's weird...I'll probably reload the OS on the weekend and see if that helps.
    GDubbin likes this.
    12-13-12 09:00 PM
    For the BT and Android issues, try a debrick through Desktop Manager
    greatwiseone likes this.
    12-14-12 09:29 AM
    Does dev alpha A 1675 update can use SIM card to make a data connectivity ?
    It says all unlocked in mobile network,but SIM card seems not detected.

Is it hardware fault or still waiting for next update?

FYI,I never get my SIM card working since I get the device
    12-14-12 10:44 PM
    my Dev A hasn't detected sim cards since loading 10.x.x update. if someone has a fix for this problem please do share.
    12-15-12 03:40 PM
    That's strange... My Dev Alpha A works with a SIM since the beginning. Have you tried to reload the OS with the SIM inside?
    12-15-12 11:13 PM
    My cam's not working
    12-16-12 03:13 AM
    I tried out the bluetooth it works perfectly but my camera is not working first it starts then it sticks there and when I close it it freezes the camera app.Dev Alpha A
    12-16-12 03:15 AM
    My cam's not working
    sAme here..

Funny thing is everything else works flawless I have installed Whatsapp, twitter, Shazam, linkedin, NYTimes, Google maps; all works great.. But cam just stopped :/
    12-16-12 01:15 PM
    I was asking above as to whether or not anyone is having problems with the Android player. Something's weird...I'll probably reload the OS on the weekend and see if that helps.
    Just following up on my last post...I reloaded the OS through auto loader and the android issues appear to have gone away. Bluetooth's working too, and so a clean install of the OS seems to be the way to go.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    12-16-12 06:32 PM
    my Dev A hasn't detected sim cards since loading 10.x.x update. if someone has a fix for this problem please do share.
    Do a hard reboot (power + up/down volume) a couple of times and it will come back.
    12-17-12 06:42 AM
    Are sure that the bluetooth works too?
    12-17-12 09:21 PM
    After touching Calendar.. ported android apps are not working until restart ???
    12-19-12 10:39 AM
48 12