Seeing as the devs that are receiving the red LE model have their own waiting room thread and are making me jealous with their nice, shiny new red Z10's, I thought it would be cool to round up everyone who qualified for the LE device but chose to opt for the normal Verizon Wireless Z10.

So, if you, like me, are in this group of red headed step children please sound off in this thread and, of course, if you have any news about receipt of your free device please post!

It would also be cool to see pictures/ideas of anyone's efforts to make their normal Z10 look a little special...

I sent off my Dev Alpha A around mid February, I've had confirmation of receipt but nothing else so far...
    03-19-13 11:38 AM
    I wonder how they are going to handle this. Are they going to actually send out the 100-4 models (like was done for the LE), or are they going to send a voucher of some sort to take into the Verizon store?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 04:29 PM
    I wonder how they are going to handle this. Are they going to actually send out the 100-4 models (like was done for the LE), or are they going to send a voucher of some sort to take into the Verizon store?

Posted via CB10
    I'd assumed, and hope, that they will be sending us an actual device.
    03-19-13 07:17 PM
    I was told they will be sending devices, but they keep saying that they will not SHIP until the devices are "commercially available" from Verizon. Sounds to me like it won't be until after 28th at the earliest. So, those of us hoping we'd get them by launch day probably won't
    vissin likes this.
    03-19-13 09:36 PM
    I was told they will be sending devices, but they keep saying that they will not SHIP until the devices are "commercially available" from Verizon. Sounds to me like it won't be until after 28th at the earliest. So, those of us hoping we'd get them by launch day probably won't
    I had heard / read similar...

I'm hoping it won't be too long of a wait, I'm stuck without a device at the moment and need to do more testing wise than the simulator is convenient for.
    03-20-13 10:11 AM
    No news on this yet, huh? My whole family will have Z10s before I do.
    03-26-13 05:47 PM
    Speaking with a Brand Alliance Client Air Expert this evening, Brand Alliance has no idea if there is a delay or not. She says that they "are not in charge of the warehouse" as they're in Canada and the warehouse is in the US. She asked me to email the "jamzonesupport" as well.
    03-26-13 06:18 PM
    Well, tomorrow is the go-date for Verizon Wireless and the Z10... hopefully we will all get our devices quickly! My development is pretty much at a halt at the moment due to not having a physical device. Please post if you receive any tracking info or other news.
    03-27-13 11:36 AM
    I was told 2 weeks and that was about a weeks and a half ago. Also got the after the commercial release story. I spoke directly with jamzone support. My guess is we will start to see people getting them next week, but I bet their is a backlog.
    03-28-13 08:59 AM
    NOOO! It's already been reported that the Verizon Z10 is not up to date like the ATT and Tmobile Devices... Are we gonna have to deal with Verizon's Slow Update Testing and Release periods with our devices??
    03-28-13 02:16 PM
    I sent [email protected] a polite email this morning, requesting information on when we might receives the Verizon Z10's. I'll post the reply when it comes...
    04-01-13 11:17 AM
    Thanks for updating us! I tried that email address and got a delivery error...
    04-01-13 11:21 AM
    Thanks for updating us! I tried that email address and got a delivery error...
    Same here
    04-01-13 11:51 AM
    Try @rim.com maybe she did not get converted yet.
    04-01-13 02:04 PM
    Received the following ftom jam zone support:

Hello Russ,

I am hoping to get those shipping out within the next week.

Thanks,
    Melanie

Looks like we still have a wait...
    thrrgilag likes this.
    04-01-13 03:09 PM
    Make sure to show us which color you get.
    Verizon is the only ones in the USA (at least for now) that can get the WHITE Z10.
    Beautiful device.

I'd be interested to know. Why did you guys choose Verizon? Do you have a grand-fathered account? Cause in florida verizon is very slow (3g is useless, and my work iPhone 5 on LTE doesn't come close in speed to my solavei Z10) and they're usually close to $100 month for unlimited while I pay $49/month for unlimited everything.
    04-01-13 08:54 PM
    I had asked when choosing the VZW version if there would be a choice of color and they indicated that we'll only be able to get it in black.

I chose to go with the Verizon because I can't get solid Tmo or ATT signal where I live. But I can get Verizon LTE and it's plenty fast. But in retrospect I kinda wish I went with the LE model and just purchased the white Verizon Z10 instead. Then I would have had two devices in my hands now rather than none...
    pkcable likes this.
    04-01-13 09:02 PM
    Make sure to show us which color you get.
    Verizon is the only ones in the USA (at least for now) that can get the WHITE Z10.
    Beautiful device.

I'd be interested to know. Why did you guys choose Verizon? Do you have a grand-fathered account? Cause in florida verizon is very slow (3g is useless, and my work iPhone 5 on LTE doesn't come close in speed to my solavei Z10) and they're usually close to $100 month for unlimited while I pay $49/month for unlimited everything.
    I live on the eastern shore of Maryland, and Verizon is the only carrier with decent coverage here. AT&T and Sprint have a lot of dead zones where there is no signal. Verizon are also starting to make 4G LTE available in quite a few areas here, including where I live.
    04-02-13 09:22 AM
    I was told yesterday, by Melanie, that they will begin shipping these by "Mid-April"

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 01:29 PM
    I was told yesterday, by Melanie, that they will begin shipping these by "Mid-April"

Posted via CB10
    Man, I hope that it isn't that long... I am *really* stuck at the moment until I have a device to test with. Wish I'd held onto my Dev Alpha now.
    04-06-13 01:34 PM
    Got the same response of "mid-april". Which given that it's Verizon my brain now translates to end of the month. I kind of regret not opting for the LE device now. I'm now thinking about forking out the cash to buy one at this point just so I can finish testing my app updates and get them out. But then there is having to justify the full cost of a phone for what is just a hobby for me. :-\
    04-07-13 06:21 AM
    So currently no one on Verizon has received their LE device yet? I just got my email for the LE device, but am reluctant to send back the dev alpha as I am in the middle of development on a new app. I would at least like to know that LE devices are being shipped out to VZW developers before I proceed.
    04-09-13 11:43 AM
    So currently no one on Verizon has received their LE device yet? I just got my email for the LE device, but am reluctant to send back the dev alpha as I am in the middle of development on a new app. I would at least like to know that LE devices are being shipped out to VZW developers before I proceed.
    I definitely think you would be wise to hold off, I really wish I had... I sent my device back mid-February and am stuck without a device for development at the moment which is really holding up my app development. From the looks of things with the devs receiving normal LE's, some have stated that they received their LE within 7 days of returning their dev alpha so I would say the delay could quite likely be minimal if you wait until the Verizon devices have definitely started shipping.

P.S. Can I borrow your dev alpha?
    04-09-13 12:21 PM
    I definitely think you would be wise to hold off, I really wish I had... I sent my device back mid-February and am stuck without a device for development at the moment which is really holding up my app development. From the looks of things with the devs receiving normal LE's, some have stated that they received their LE within 7 days of returning their dev alpha so I would say the delay could quite likely be minimal if you wait until the Verizon devices have definitely started shipping.

Thanks for the heads up. So I will just sit on the printed shipping label, and try to finish up my development on my app. This Verizon situation is becoming a bit of an annoyance. I want the RED LE, but I use Verizon as my daily driver. So I'm willing to wait a bit for it to be on Verizon and forgo the red cool factor. Especially since a VZW rep told me that I would lose my precious unlimited data plan, if I was to exercise my upgrade in May. So i'm real anxious to have a production release VZW Z10.

Hopefully I will get this phone before ZzzzGermans get here (said in my best Snatch voice).

P.S. Can I borrow your dev alpha?
    04-09-13 01:35 PM
    I emailed Developer Relations again this morning, apologetically asking for an update on these devices. I'll share the reply when it comes.
    04-15-13 08:19 AM
76 123 ...