Hey guys, Im so excited and want to tell you about a really cool breakthrough I made. After figuring out a loophole, I found a way to put Jelly Bean 4.1 launcher on my dev alpha. Maybe some of you have tried and successfully done so, if not its really cool. I have been taking tons of screen shots and uploading to our BBM group - BB Fan Group. I'm working on writing a native .apk to .bar converter and packager that will rooted into the dev alpha, right now that will allow to download straight from jelly bean's google play store straight onto ur dev alpha.

I have started writing a native android to bb10 converter for those native apps that dont work on bb. But I have put this on hold and finishing the converter first since its a little easier to do. But I have gotten tons of apps working in Jelly Bean that werent working in normal android player. Flipboard, any.do, Bad Piggies, and YES even S-Voice. I also have got widgets, and weather and tiles running in Jelly bean!!!

Add me on bbm ill show you the screenshots and ill add u to our bb fan group 2A09A86E.
    Last edited by mrmartis; 10-09-12 at 01:07 AM.
    00stryder and bitek like this.
    10-07-12 11:55 PM
    Is it possible to do this on the playbook also?
    10-08-12 10:37 AM
    You can already have widgets running on the Dev Alpha. All you need to do is use a launcher. Is that what you are doing? Using a launcher to make your Dev Alpha look like it is running Jelly Bean? If so that's old news man. Been doing that on the PlayBook since 2011.
    10-08-12 10:52 AM
    insert BS flag here...carry on
    10-08-12 11:10 AM
    Yeah he is just using Go Launcher EX. The same exact launcher I've been using on the PlayBook since 2011. It may have surprised him a little when I sent a screen cap of the same thing he has running on my Dev Alpha. We even had the same default wallpaper. lol

Nothing new here folks, just someone trying to have fun fooling the people that don't know any better.
    10-08-12 11:25 AM
    Please return the Dev Alpha to RIM so that they can hand it to a developer who wants to make BlackBerry 10 applications.
    10-08-12 11:38 PM
    Sorry guys should have clarified, this isn't native android its a launcher (i changed the description in the post). But if you haven't tried it you should some apps actually work with the launcher that dont work before which is pretty strange. Also some cool things I noticed about bb10 keyboard maybe not all of you know, is when u swipe down on the keys u toggle between numeric and symbols and letters. But using this will only allow for one character before toggling back to letters, kinda cook if you need quick one letter.

Happy development, and I just found out from my buddy at RIM that they are working on a blackberry voice app not like the one on the os5,6,7 but more robust like SIRI. There is a dedicated team in place something along the line of Blackberry Butler, but not for sure if that's what they are calling it. Netflix

Keep chugging at that dev work everyone, let's help give RIM those apps, currently RIM is projecting/hoping for 40,000 apps on bb10 at launch. Let's bring that up. Add me still if you haven't creates a voodoo doll of me, lol my bbm is above tc.
    Last edited by mrmartis; 10-09-12 at 01:33 AM.
    10-09-12 01:22 AM
    Yes it is.
    10-09-12 01:30 AM
    Remotely on topic...

I had Go Launcher Ex for my Playbook but it was only version 2.7 and unless I am horribly mistaken that is not Jelly Bean. Is there a bar file for 3.16 that I missed somewhere along the way? and is that Jelly Bean?

Now that we have PlayBook 2.1 Android Launchers are pretty pointless... however I do still like keeping it confuse my friends into thinking my PlayBook can dual boot QNX and Android

*Edit* So I got unlazy and converted myself the latest 3.16 of Go Launcher Ex.... works great so thank you to OP for letting me know to update ;-)
    Last edited by altrax; 10-09-12 at 06:32 PM.
    10-09-12 06:20 PM
    No problem man, hope you like it. If you find some apps are working and are pretty cool shoot me a bbm. Also it's 3 am here and I'm pretty excited because RIM is unveiling the new bb10 app world today on 10 10 bb10 lol. I can't sleep, I hope they have tons of apps to bring back tons of people to the platform. While I am days within submitting my apps, my laptop backlight gots burnt out. So I have to get it fixed.
    10-10-12 02:13 AM