im thinking about going back to blackberry and getting a classic. i havent had a blackberry since the bold 9650, one of the main reasons i switched was the os. does bb10 freeze and crash, and will i have to reboot it like i did with 7? this is the only thing keeping me from upgrading i cant seem to find anything online regarding this comparrison of the os. Thanks
    04-27-15 10:22 AM
    BB10 works way better than BBOS7
    04-27-15 10:26 AM
    Lol no doesn't freeze like BB7.
    I remember those days..... 9630
    I never had to reboot my Q10 (due to freezing) and I've had it for over a year.

With my 9630 it was a daily occurrence ..

Q10 on 10.3.1.1779
    04-27-15 10:31 AM
    BB10 is eons different/ better than the legacy os devices in this aspect.

Since BB10 devices first came out I have had the Q5 hang and freeze once when it was brand new - never happened again.

Z30 never ever.

 Q5 / Z30
    04-27-15 10:52 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is a completely different codebase than BBOS: it is in all respects a modern, extensible, operating system.
    04-27-15 11:01 AM
    im thinking about going back to blackberry and getting a classic. i havent had a blackberry since the bold 9650, one of the main reasons i switched was the os. does bb10 freeze and crash, and will i have to reboot it like i did with 7? this is the only thing keeping me from upgrading i cant seem to find anything online regarding this comparrison of the os. Thanks
    The reason you can't find anything is because no one experiences these problems ! It's funny because sometimes I almost forget the old BlackBerry phones were so slow and crashed constantly, yet some people still hold on to them!

Anyway, the new BlackBerry devices z10, z30, q10, classic, passport, and Leap all run a brand new OS which is nothing like the old one, yet it is still the top of the top for communicating and also has an amazing browser with ultra fast speeds. Though it has less apps than competing operating systems, most of what you need is already available built into the OS and the rest is usually not hard to find.
    04-27-15 11:38 AM
    *ROTFL* Nope. Absolutely not. Get one, you won't be disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 04:18 PM
    And this is part of why I don't get people thinking BBOS was miles ahead of BB10.
    05-18-15 09:10 PM
    I have moved off of OS7 to BB10 on a Classic. Much better experience. I have had ONE freeze, where I had to hold the power key down hard for a bit in order to get it to power down.

I do re-boot every week or two, but web access is MUCH better / faster, just a great device all the way around!
    08-25-15 10:36 AM
    I can't reboot on the bb10 device I'm using without hooking it to a computer as the power button is not working (I bought it that way). So far it's been on solid for over a month and a half with some minor lags but no freezes!

Posted via P'CB10
    09-03-15 07:44 AM
    Freezing occurs periodically in certain applications like the browser, haven't had any crashing though.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 06:56 AM
    I can't reboot on the bb10 device I'm using without hooking it to a computer as the power button is not working (I bought it that way). So far it's been on solid for over a month and a half with some minor lags but no freezes!

Posted via P'CB10
    One option is hard reboot, this is done by pressing and holding both volume keys until it reboots. I would advise not to do this regularly as I've read on here it's quite hard on the phone. At least you know there is other option than to link up to pc everytime you want to reboot

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    09-22-15 08:00 AM

Posted via P'CB10
    To reboot hold the volume up and down rocker at the same time it will take a screen shot. Keep holding till screen turns black. Thats how you reset

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 07:25 PM
    I'd forgot about that as I thought it was hard on the device like doing a battery pull. That's how I have to shut it down tho unless letting the battery drain. As for freezing and crashing, I don't see too much of that in BB10 but there are things like the phone app and the volume buttons that become pretty laggy over time without a reboot. Still on 10.3.1.
    09-24-15 06:36 AM
    I'd forgot about that as I thought it was hard on the device like doing a battery pull. That's how I have to shut it down tho unless letting the battery drain. As for freezing and crashing, I don't see too much of that in BB10 but there are things like the phone app and the volume buttons that become pretty laggy over time without a reboot. Still on 10.3.1.
    I don't notice the "laggy" phone app and volume buttons like you do but it is definitely not a bad thing to reboot every now and again.

We seem to treat modern electronics as if they are immortal and never need to power down but there isn't much that will just keep running like that. I guess your refrigerator might, if you're lucky.
    09-28-15 06:57 AM