I'd noticed that some developers in the forum are reporting that they are receiving their BB10 LE devices within a week of shipping back their Dev Alpha devices while others are reporting that they have been waiting for months. I've been waiting myself for some time and I wanted to be helpful, so I contacted Brand Alliance directly and asked them questions about the process.

Their response is a little ambiguous, but they mention specifically that processing time will be extended considerably for those who send in their Dev Alpha devices without the box that the device came in. I included another copy of my shipping label with the PIN number on it within the box I used to ship the Dev Alpha back, but I'm one of those who did not ship back the original packaging. I don't think anything on the processing instructions notified me that I should or that it would be helpful in speeding things up.

Just in case I'm reading too much into the Brand Alliance response, I'm posting it here for everyone's benefit... or speculation. But I'd be interested in knowing whether failure to include the box is the factor in the delays we are seeing for some, but not others. I also realize, from reading messages here, that there are different and distinct delays based on geography with Canada and the U.S. shipping quickly and some other countries waiting longer. I'm just wondering if, within places like Canada and the U.S., the delays for some can be explained by what is included in the shipment to the warehouse. If so, we could save a lot of people additional wait time and make things more efficient by telling people up front what information or packaging they should include.

Here's the message:

Hi [redacted],

Thank you for your email. Once the device is verified and received in our system, you will receive a confirmation email. This may take several days to receive. If no confirmation from BlackBerry was needed to confirm the device, (ie. Sending the IMEI to retrieve the PIN because no box was sent) then the confirmation will take a few days. If further information was needed it can take longer.

Thanks!
    03-28-13 11:34 AM
    I was one of those with a very quick turnaround. I had sent the device back in the original box, minus the outside paper sleeve (kept that as a souvenir).

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:38 AM
    What e-mail address did you use to contact Brand Alliance?
    03-28-13 11:51 AM
    I send everything back, including the sleeve, battery, adapters/cables. How long did it take to get a message confirming that they received it? Mine got in the UK at 8.40 am yesterday, so far no reply
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    03-28-13 11:53 AM
    What e-mail address did you use to contact Brand Alliance?
    Same question, and what did you provide: you're AN number or tracking number?
    03-28-13 11:54 AM
    I sent my Dev Alpha B back in the original box it came in and in the original shipping box too.
    It was about 10 day turn around for getting the LE. I'm in the USA.
    BlackberryFan777 likes this.
    03-28-13 11:58 AM
    Same question, and what did you provide: you're AN number or tracking number?
    Try [email protected]
    03-28-13 12:00 PM
    I sent everything back as I got it, box and all. Turnaround time was 6 days, in Ontario Canada.
    BlackberryFan777 likes this.
    03-28-13 01:04 PM
    I only sent in the dev alpha a. I kept the box, the skin, the charger, the data cable and even the "Property Of" sticker. Lol

I was told via email that they just wanted the device, and that is all they got

Posted via my Shiny Red LE Z10
    03-28-13 01:29 PM
    I used this email address: [email protected]
    03-29-13 02:10 AM
    I used this email address: [email protected]
    Sent an email to the above address, asking about my Dev Alpha arrival at the warehouse let's see when they repond!
    03-29-13 02:34 AM
    I sent an e-mail to it last night and woke up with two automated emails in my Inbox. The first said my status had been changed to "Submitted" the second (one minute later) said it had been changed to "Received" what either of those statuses mean is beyond me. Anyone know how long after those e-mails are received until I get a tracking number, if I even get that.
    03-29-13 09:29 AM
    I think this is all bull****, the delays is because there is only one person dealing with all these: from packaging to replying emails. Her name is Melanie.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    03-29-13 09:32 AM
    I sent an e-mail to it last night and woke up with two automated emails in my Inbox. The first said my status had been changed to "Submitted" the second (one minute later) said it had been changed to "Received" what either of those statuses mean is beyond me. Anyone know how long after those e-mails are received until I get a tracking number, if I even get that.
    I doubt you will get a tracking number for an LE. Doesn't seem to be happening, I didn't get one but it was shipped out the day the "Received" message was sent. I did get a tracking number for the Dev Alpha-C.
    03-29-13 12:13 PM
    I think this is all bull****, the delays is because there is only one person dealing with all these: from packaging to replying emails. Her name is Melanie.
    While "delays" may be frustrating, we are getting a free device for developing an app (or apps). I'm fine with having to wait a week or two for a free device.
    chrissmartin likes this.
    03-29-13 02:12 PM
    Ya, I sent everything back in the original packaging (including the charger, and even the plastic protective film on the screen )...got my device within 1 week of brand alliance receiving it.
    chrissmartin likes this.
    03-29-13 05:36 PM
    my 1st dev alpha I sent everything back as it was. and my 2nd, 3rd and 4th I will only include the box, manuals and the phone. will leave the battery, charger and cables.
    03-31-13 10:42 AM
    its possibly where you're from...
    03-31-13 01:45 PM
    I sent back everything on monday. Alpha B in the original shipping box, dev alpha box, and with all the different cables and whatnot. UPS tried to deliver the LE to me on thursday
    03-31-13 09:41 PM
    I sent back everything on monday. Alpha B in the original shipping box, dev alpha box, and with all the different cables and whatnot. UPS tried to deliver the LE to me on thursday
    From where did you send your Dev Alpha device?
    04-01-13 04:31 AM
    I sent EVERYTHING back, including the bits of plastic that protect the charger, etc. One week from the time the dev alpha was "received" I got my LE. I'm in the western US.

Posted via Red Z10
    04-03-13 01:36 AM
    did u follow up on when they will send you! it is going to be almost a week for me since they "received" but no email saying expect a package!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-03-13 09:17 AM
    I emailed them regarding the delay too. Apparently my region, they havent start shipping the devices yet. They just replied telling me will be before end of april for my region. I am from Singapore btw and i just send my phone back without the box and charger
    04-03-13 09:26 AM
    i live in US and still no LE! many people have been recieving here. i doo not know how they process stuff!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-03-13 09:34 AM
    you may wan to email them and ask. they reply quite fast [email protected]
    04-04-13 04:54 AM
42 12