My device memory is 15 of 16GB full. I have cleared pictures, videos and some apps (I don't have a lot apps and they are not big)but something is still taking up space. Does anyone have any ideas on what it might be that's sucking up all of my space ?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:00 PM
    Are you a heavy user of Android apps?

I'd check the /misc/android folder. Android apps store their junk in there, and depending on the type of app you're using, some of those files can be massive.

Also -- if you go into "App Manager", then "Device Monitor", and tap the "Storage" button at the bottom -- it should give you a clue as to what's chewing up your space.
    10-08-14 09:14 PM
    No android apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:27 PM
    How sure of that are you? A lot of apps in BlackBerry World are actually Android apps at the end of the day.
    10-08-14 09:29 PM
    Can you post a screenshot of your storage from device monitor?

emPowered by ?
    10-08-14 09:32 PM
    I had a similar issue where I had 13GB of user files that I could not figure out where it was for the life of me. But I figured it out using the File Manager found that at Device/misc/android/DCIM/Camera the folder was 13GB. It had 4 duplicate folders of all my pictures and videos. I was not able to delete the folders but was able to delete all the contents except for a temp file in each folder. Not sure what program was causing this to happen but now I'm down to 1.19GB of user files.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 03:43 PM
    I got a similar issue but I can't find what is causing it

Z30 all day baby
    11-03-14 10:40 PM
    Have you guys connected it to your computer.
    Ignore Blackberry Link and look for the two "drives" that are added to your computer.

It'll let you traverse everything (at least on a Windows PC) just like it was just a hard drive. You'll be able to find the directory with the problem quickly.
    11-04-14 09:36 AM
    9 gag, crackberry ,some android files that were doubled, and my Dropbox were hogging mine
    I cleared the cache from each of them, plus the doubled pictures and it dropped significantly (I still have a lot of apps though, but that's understandable ) my Dropbox is still eating memory though, and I can't remedy that....

Z30 all day baby
    11-09-14 05:52 PM
    I have the same exact issue

Send from the amazing powers of the? ? Z30
    11-19-14 11:35 AM
    I had a similar issue where I had 13GB of user files that I could not figure out where it was for the life of me. But I figured it out using the File Manager found that at Device/misc/android/DCIM/Camera the folder was 13GB. It had 4 duplicate folders of all my pictures and videos. I was not able to delete the folders but was able to delete all the contents except for a temp file in each folder. Not sure what program was causing this to happen but now I'm down to 1.19GB of user files.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, just checked out my android folder, going to need space for the new os coming....got a big surprise...found out that my device has 60 GB of memory! Go super Z10!
    Device storage-img_20141119_195301.png

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 07:04 PM
    Ok, just checked out my android folder, going to need space for the new os coming....got a big surprise...found out that my device has 60 GB of memory! Go super Z10!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141119_195301.png 
Views:	412 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	315615

Posted via CB10
    What in the actual **** is up with that? ....now that is something I haven't seen before.
    My android folder also says something like 9GB but there isn't a folder inside that one that carries that kind of storage, am I explaining this right?

Z30 all day baby
    11-20-14 12:44 PM
    Yeah, I know, it's kind of funny....i do have a 64gb card that is full, so my best guess is that one of my android apps has permission to use the card and therefore the folder properties must be reading it through an app....still like to believe I have Super Z10 though!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 01:43 PM
    What in the actual **** is up with that? ....now that is something I haven't seen before.
    My android folder also says something like 9GB but there isn't a folder inside that one that carries that kind of storage, am I explaining this right?

Z30 all day baby
    I don't think the number reported in the properties is correct. My device storage shows me using 9.2 GB total, and then the Android subfolder shows 10GB used in just that folder.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    11-20-14 03:03 PM
    9 gag, crackberry ,some android files that were doubled, and my Dropbox were hogging mine
    I cleared the cache from each of them, plus the doubled pictures and it dropped significantly (I still have a lot of apps though, but that's understandable ) my Dropbox is still eating memory though, and I can't remedy that....

Z30 all day baby
    The pictures aren't actually doubled. They're just links for the android apps to access them. They take up no additional space

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 03:20 PM