More loaction besides Vancouver, BC

Seems like some dev might invite to invite for Launch day.

Not actual in the cites where launch is happening but seem like it will be fun non the less

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please join us to celebrate BlackBerry 10 – Register today

As a thank you to our developers for your contributions towards BlackBerry� 10, we invite you to join us on January 30th to celebrate.
    › Wavefront Center
    1400 – 1055 W. Hastings St., Vancouver, BC
    January 30, 2013 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
    This event is by invitation only and the invite is non-transferable.

This message was sent by or on behalf of Research In Motion Limited (“RIM”).

To change your communication preferences, including unsubscribing from further marketing or commercial communications from RIM, please click here. You may also unsubscribe by writing to: Attn: Unsubscribe GBO, Research In Motion, 295 Phillip St., Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L 3W8.

RIM has a long-standing policy of protecting customer privacy. Please take a moment to read RIM’s Privacy Policy found here.

� 2013 Research In Motion Limited, 295 Phillip St., Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 3W8. All rights reserved. BlackBerry�, RIM�, Research In Motion� and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of RIM and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
    TeaBoy likes this.
    01-22-13 03:42 PM
    See you at the Vancouver event!
    01-24-13 07:26 PM
    Did either of you get a confirmation email after registering?
    01-24-13 10:28 PM
    That's awesome. Hopefully I will get an invite too...I was at the jam world tour back in August.
    01-24-13 11:28 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ations-763693/

I will be at the Vancouver event as well.
    I took a screen cap of my Email but it says the same thing... I got no confirmation email but when i tried to re-register i was already registered... I emailed someone @rim.com about it today but I am assuming it will be like the Jam its self just show up and sign in.

I am bringing cash and my updated dev alpha with me however in case for some completely crazy and unexpected reason they either let me trade it in or buy a zed10.
    bbquincar likes this.
    01-24-13 11:49 PM
    Don't worry about confirmation. I have talked to the organizer of the Vancouver event. She says they're really busy at the moment so I wouldn't expect a response to your email. I didn't get a confirmation email either, but I'm confirmed. Looks like these events might a little last minute by the amount of work this rep has to do. See you guys there!
    01-25-13 12:31 PM
    I'll also be bring my Dev Alpha, just in case
    01-25-13 12:41 PM
    Im going to the one in London. Is anyone else?
    01-25-13 02:22 PM
    Don't worry about confirmation. I have talked to the organizer of the Vancouver event. She says they're really busy at the moment so I wouldn't expect a response to your email. I didn't get a confirmation email either, but I'm confirmed. Looks like these events might a little last minute by the amount of work this rep has to do. See you guys there!
    Wonder if only those classified as "Developers" by RIM at Jam Tour got the invite. I wasn't pre-approved for a Dev Alpha but was able to convince them to give me one by showing them the app I was working on....may be i'll just drop by and see if I can attend.
    01-25-13 03:50 PM
    It will be nice if we can just swap our Dev devices on Jan 30th for LE Devices at the Events.
    It will save Rim alot of money on Shipping :Clap:
    Just a thought.
    01-26-13 04:09 AM
    Even if they cant give us the limited edition BB10 Devices. At least show it to us developers at these developer appreciation events. That will satisfy me until we get it.
    01-26-13 05:35 AM
    No events in NY. I'm surprised.
    01-26-13 06:31 AM
    I'd bet they are going to present the Limited Edition devices to the Devs that accept. Lucky lucky buggers.
    floydsaj likes this.
    01-26-13 06:33 AM
    Cant wait, just worried about missing my uni lecture. Oh well can catch up the next day!
    01-26-13 06:38 AM
    Alright, in that case, I'll see you all at the Vancouver event. Hopefully my Dev Alpha and showing my app on the app store will be sufficient proof in the event of missing paperwork.
    01-26-13 01:20 PM
    Perhaps something more realistic would be.....they are giving out Dev Alpha Cs to us???
    01-28-13 02:41 AM
    I doubt they giving the dev alpha c out as that is done by a point system. Would be great if they would lol! Anyone going to the one in Slough?
    01-28-13 04:39 AM
    floydsaj

I am going the one in slough to, have you recieved a confirmation? and what time does it start and finish?
    01-28-13 07:26 AM
    Hi,
    I have had no confirmation email but after I registered I logged back in to see if I registered. It gives me the option to cancel so I know I have registered otherwise there would be an option to attend. The event is between 1:30 and 5:30. Hope that helps!
    01-28-13 08:32 AM
    im heading to the event in slough thanks floydsaj
    hope to see you guys there !!
    01-28-13 09:41 AM
    Am also going to the Slough one but not sure I can get there before 4:30 as I have a client meeting in the afternoon! will also bring my DevAlpha, let�s hope RIM appreciates our efforts with some brand new BB10 phones or those LE BB10 DevAlphas.
    Sounds like it will be a simultaneous Cast around the globe as 1:30 � 5:30 UK time does coincide with the Vancouver event!
    floydsaj likes this.
    01-28-13 09:48 AM
    nipsta203 did you get it all sorted?
    01-28-13 11:04 AM
    Hi,
    I have had no confirmation email but after I registered I logged back in to see if I registered. It gives me the option to cancel so I know I have registered otherwise there would be an option to attend. The event is between 1:30 and 5:30. Hope that helps!

How do you know that it will be at 1.30 - 5.30?
    01-28-13 01:32 PM
    I am expecting Alec Saunders to do a simulcast for all the Dev Events kinda like how Thor will be doing one for the launch events.

At first I thought it was a huge stretch that they would exchange Dev Alpha's for LE devices at the events but now that I am thinking about it... clearly if they are going to the expense to throw these events around the world it has to be for something more than "thank you enjoy a meal on us." As was previously mentioned the Dev Alpha C is by point system so the only thing I can think of is LE devices.

Question: of those of you invited to go to these dev events do all of you a) have a dev alpha b) qualify for a LE device?
    I know not every Developer that attended the Vancouver Jam has been invited to the Vancouver event for example.

Don't get me wrong I was surprised to even be invited to an event on launch day and if it is only a thank you that is still going above and beyond in my books as I am going to make money off my apps they certainly don't need to thank me for it.
    01-28-13 02:16 PM
    I just want there to be more event i cant got to BC to far. I wish Toronto had one i was invited to.
    01-28-13 02:32 PM
53 123